Carnet required for Kenya?

Default Carnet required for Kenya?

I've seen mention in a couple old threads, but I'm looking for an update on carnet requirements for Kenya. We're looking to drive in from Tanzania, staying probably no more than two weeks (not enough I know) and then back to Tanzania.If you drove into Kenya were you able to enter w/o a carnet? We'll be in a South African registered vehicle.

Default Re: Carnet required for Kenya?

Please read this. There appears to be new regulations as of this year. I havenít been able to get more clarification from my Kenyan contacts. Please read the link to the Kenya Revenue Authority new regulations on this thread.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ehicle-Permits

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazungu Wawili For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Carnet required for Kenya?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazungu Wawili View Post
    Please read this. There appears to be new regulations as of this year. I havenít been able to get more clarification from my Kenyan contacts. Please read the link to the Kenya Revenue Authority new regulations on this thread.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ehicle-Permits
    Much appreciated. Yes, that notice is a bit confusing. It does seem like for short trips one might not require a carnet, but that is a bit of a gamble. It would be a shame to make it all that way and be turned away.

If I learn anything I'll post in the linked thread, to keep things consolidated for others.