Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Aalborg
    Age
    45
    Posts
    94
    Thanked: 12

    Default Help with Bookings in Botswana

    I know this question have been asked several times before, but I need help with booking for Rooiputs, Polentswa and Mabuasehube for january(I think Mbaya). I normally use Bushlore, last time they supplied the car and helped with the booking of campsites, but they seem to have a hard time getting the best sites. And since this trip will ruin me anyway I donīt mind paying a little extra to get the best sites.

    I read several recommendations for Botswana Footprints and NDM, so are they still the best one to use?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    168
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Use either Botswana Footprints or NDM.

    Mind you BF seemed to have changed quite a bit since Tara sold out.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katanga For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,315
    Thanked: 658

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Top sites are normally booked one year in advance.
    But ask these guys below:

    Please note that as of the 29th December 2016 Inter-Tourism Group (Pty) Ltd is managing Mabuasehube Pan and Mpayathutlwa campsites at Transfronteir/Mabuasehube Park and will be receiving all camping fees for Mabuasehube Pan and Mpayathuthwa campsites. Park entry fees are still collected by the Department of Wildlife and National Parks. Note that this change will not affect any existing valid bookings.

    For all your bookings please email [email protected] or [email protected] and [email protected] .
    Defender Kalahari
    Series 3 SWB
    Series 1 De Luxe Cab Pickup
    Series 1 Station Wagon 88''

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imgreg For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,784
    Thanked: 348

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by Katanga View Post
    Use either Botswana Footprints or NDM.

    Mind you BF seemed to have changed quite a bit since Tara sold out.
    Botswana footprints is still very good, Response time fast so to me the same as before.
    Francois

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois111 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maun
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanked: 143

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Not wanting to stand on anybodies toes here , but I have had to go and visit BF office to sort out bookings for a few clients who failed to get a response from them .I also believe Mendi has left .
    Please if any forum members have any problems with bookings , contact me and I will try and get it sorted out for you .I live in Maun 5 min from town .
    Last edited by Puma 130 ADJ; 2018/03/03 at 07:25 AM.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Puma 130 ADJ For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    66
    Posts
    92
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    When did Mendy leave? I had email correspondence with her just 10 days ago re 2019 bookings.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to lin29 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    168
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by lin29 View Post
    When did Mendy leave? I had email correspondence with her just 10 days ago re 2019 bookings.

    Spot on about Mendy. She left last week. Shae had done all my booking last year August for a trip in May 2018 and I had been in touch with her 3 weeks ago to hear back on small changes. She had told me she had done them but I had received nothing in writing.

    I called this week and was told she left last week Friday.

    I finally managed to get my revised invoice (with some mistakes e.g. being booked in two different places for the same night)

    For me BF has been a struggle with lots of phone calls as my emails remain unanswered.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Katanga For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    66
    Posts
    92
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Thanks so much for the update about Mendy. Will definitely have a re-think re BF.

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maun
    Age
    34
    Posts
    374
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by lin29 View Post
    Thanks so much for the update about Mendy. Will definitely have a re-think re BF.
    Hi

    Mendy told me she will be leaving BF, however we are still here and ready for any booking coming our way contact us here

    NDM Travel - [email protected]

    Thanks kindly

    Maile
    Last edited by NDMBots; 2018/03/04 at 09:38 AM.

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    44
    Posts
    30
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    If you want a good overview of campsites for Mabuasehube have a look at this website - this couple did a thorough review.

    https://www.travel4wildlife.com/mabu...ites-botswana/

    Charles

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ecw For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanked: 2277

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    This info about BF has got me a little worried. Corresponded 2 weeks ago with them and now I am worried about the accuracy of the info. Maybe somebody can confirm. We will be a small group touring KTP in September, sites booked and paid for. However one of the couples in our group might not be able to join us anymore. Another couple indicated that they can take their place. BF indicated they can join us as long as we stick to the number booked. New submission of Passports etc is not required when entering KTP. Does this sound right?

    Thank you,

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Aalborg
    Age
    45
    Posts
    94
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by ecw View Post
    If you want a good overview of campsites for Mabuasehube have a look at this website - this couple did a thorough review.

    https://www.travel4wildlife.com/mabu...ites-botswana/

    Charles
    I already checked that out, very comprehensive and very useful... Thay actually wrote a complete book about doing Kgalagadi as selfdrive, also quite good.

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanked: 758

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    You’ll be fine if the numbers are the same as on the permits and vouchers. If more numbers than booked then you can pay for the extras st the gate but take Pulas with.
    Last edited by TRON; 2018/03/08 at 02:03 PM.

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maun
    Age
    34
    Posts
    374
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    This info about BF has got me a little worried. Corresponded 2 weeks ago with them and now I am worried about the accuracy of the info. Maybe somebody can confirm. We will be a small group touring KTP in September, sites booked and paid for. However one of the couples in our group might not be able to join us anymore. Another couple indicated that they can take their place. BF indicated they can join us as long as we stick to the number booked. New submission of Passports etc is not required when entering KTP. Does this sound right?

    Thank you,
    Hi

    There is really no problem with 2people joining for the place of the other peson who is not able to come with you. what matters is the number of people not the names.

    The DWNP only indicate the name of the tour leader. so it gives you advantage of coming with any person interested in joning you.

    you only need to bare in mind that the your total number together witj joining people do dot exceed 8pax & 3vehicles

    Thank you

    Maile

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NDMBots For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanked: 2277

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by NDMBots View Post
    Hi

    There is really no problem with 2people joining for the place of the other peson who is not able to come with you. what matters is the number of people not the names.

    The DWNP only indicate the name of the tour leader. so it gives you advantage of coming with any person interested in joning you.

    you only need to bare in mind that the your total number together witj joining people do dot exceed 8pax & 3vehicles

    Thank you

    Maile
    2 sites, 10 pax. Or 4 and 6 pax per campsite.
    “A wise man understands, an intelligent man knows, but a fool pretends to know.”

    Luka Geertsema

  24. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maun
    Age
    34
    Posts
    374
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    2 sites, 10 pax. Or 4 and 6 pax per campsite.
    If it is 2 sites it is okay.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to NDMBots For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    61
    Posts
    120
    Thanked: 38

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Botswana Footprints has definitely dropped the ball since Tara has left. I started to negotiate a booking since July 2017 for a tour in August 2018. And they could not get it right in that timeframe. They send you an invoice with the bookings and then when the vouchers eventually arrives, it is different what you requested. Very frustrating.
    Hilux 3.0 D4D
    Prado 120 V6
    www.optoer.co.za

  27. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    39
    Posts
    622
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    I am also frustrated. It is a back and forth thing and whole time you are not sure what is happening.

    Which of the many booking agents can you trust?
    How would you know if it is a legit company or not?

    Has anyone used Leisure Travels and Tours before?
    Some advice please.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Wildkyker; 2018/06/16 at 12:04 PM.

  28. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ghanzi, Botswana
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,014
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: Help with Bookings in Botswana

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRon View Post
    I know this question have been asked several times before, but I need help with booking for Rooiputs, Polentswa and Mabuasehube for january(I think Mbaya). I normally use Bushlore, last time they supplied the car and helped with the booking of campsites, but they seem to have a hard time getting the best sites. And since this trip will ruin me anyway I donīt mind paying a little extra to get the best sites.

    I read several recommendations for Botswana Footprints and NDM, so are they still the best one to use?
    Was booking for Mpaya 01 for May 2019 and it was fully booked even the reserve. So you might be late like I was. I ended up at Mabua01.

    _______________________________
    2011
    VW Amarok BIturbo TDI 4Motion (SOLD Dec 2020)
    2019 Land Cruiser 79 4.2 S/C
    _______________________________

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to PAT n WOLF For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •