Forum fatty challenge 2018 - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Default Re: Forum fatty challenge 2018

Well done guys and gals!!

Its not easy, but its worth it!!
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

So “luck” tel ook. Ek sal dit vat
    Flip

Member: 4x4 Action Group - GP0026 & Suzuki4x4GP
    Awesome: Suzuki Jimny;

Here's the results for last week. The winter is still taking it's toll, but at least the scales are mostly going in the right direction. Keep it up, not long to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some 4x4 with an offroad caravan

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

OdM

I didn't officially take part in this challenge, but i'm down 10kg, or approximately 10% of my bodyweight, for the year... then took a unexpeced timeout from life in general due to a medical emergency for a while.... but now i've started again.... hoping to change that 10 to a 20 soon!

I am one of the few lucky ones that are not overweight but I would like to share this video from dr Berg regarding Apple Cider Vinegar and loosing weight.

According to this video also helpes for many other conditions like gout and arthritis.

http://www.drberg.com/blog/the-real-...-vinegar-works
    Last edited by Mr. R; 2018/06/21 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hermine View Post
    I didn't officially take part in this challenge, but i'm down 10kg, or approximately 10% of my bodyweight, for the year... then took a unexpeced timeout from life in general due to a medical emergency for a while.... but now i've started again.... hoping to change that 10 to a 20 soon!
    Hope all is ok Hermine and good luck

Also not in this challenge but SWAMBO and I changed our eating habits a month ago.

We have cut out white rice, white pasta, white bread, potatoes and sugar. We don't feel bloated after supper like we use to and we sleep much better at night. I use to get peckish after supper where now I don't anymore. A few other changes as well in my health that I'm VERY chuffed with since we started eating this way.

Luckily I always liked Brandy which I use to drink with some kind or other diet soda and now I enjoy it with soda water, but nothing beats a beer around the braai which I still have. We stopped drinking diet sodas and now only drink soda water.

My biggest problem was lunch as I am a contractor so on the road all the time. Quick stop at the closest garage, two large Tex chocolates and two packets of crisps was lunch because anything "freshly made" was or not fresh or extremely over priced. I found nuts, biltong and fruit does the job for me and it keeps me till supper time.

Oh yes, I lost 2kg so far
    Franz

Land Rover Discovery II V8 FOR SALE
    Venter Bush Baby with a few extras
    Chev Utility Club 1.8 the workhorse

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagster For This Useful Post:

Default Forum fatty challenge 2018

Vasbyt en sterkte Hermien,
    Great stuff Franz
    Last edited by Flipside; 2018/06/21 at 09:18 PM.
    Flip

Member: 4x4 Action Group - GP0026 & Suzuki4x4GP
    Awesome: Suzuki Jimny;

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flipside For This Useful Post:

Results for last week. Quite a nice effort with a 5.5kg loss! Well done everyone.

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

OdM

Last weeks results. Loss for the week a bit low again, but many did not weigh in so probably not an accurate reflection. Well done Fatcat256 for a good drop!

I gave up trying to lose weight by dieting, have tried every type available and will lose weight but will regain it and more as soon as I stop.

I have now opted to go for a Bariatric Gastric Bypass under the knife of Prof. Hein Van Der Walt at Unitas hospital. They have a team approach where the good Prof. is assisted by a dietitian, a phyciatrist, an many more, each knowing intrinsically how to handle us severely morbid obese fat arses. The dietician will ensure you lose the correct amount of weight pre-op and teach you how and what to eat post op. The psychiatrist will make sure your mindset is correct and that you go under the knife for the correct reasons, not just because you have the money to pay for it.

My operation is scheduled for 2 October this year and before that I will have to lose 15% of my weight, which is 23Kg, which means that I weighed 152Kg when I walked into his offices, after one week I dropped to 147,3kg, my next weigh in is next week Monday.

It is now nearly two weeks since I started on the prescribed diet and I have lost 7kg just by eating the correct food at the correct intervals. No walking, no going to the gym, no exercising at all.

I have around 12 weeks left in which to learn how to eat less and also to learn how to survive on liquids immediately before and for a month after the operation.

My BMI is 49........I need to lose 75Kg to get to my goal weight, that is half my current weight and all of it is between my hips and my neck.........

2019 will see "Oldtimer version 2".

What I looked like in my younger years.

And what I look like now......................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20171228-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	494193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180512-WA0010 (2).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	494194  
    Johan De Graaf

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8
    2018 Discovery Sport SE (wifey's)
    2017 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost
    2016 Venter Off-roader

Well done to all.
    What you may not know is that you are inspiring others too. I read about the intermittent fasting and the 16/8 and thought, well nothing to lose, so have given it a go. Dropped from 95.6 to this mornings 90.9. Not feeling hungry and although still not eating the white flour products, bread, rice and potato am not as stressed as trying to do banting. My biggest issue with banting was putting enough fat into the diet.

Biggest noticeable improvement is ............. tying my shoe laces

Oldtimer, we wish you well with this but I personally feel that you will see the benefits. There are many reports of improved blood pressure levels, cholesterol and blood sugar levels associated with gastric surgery. I look forward to you being half the man you used to be.
    Last edited by Stranger; 2018/07/05 at 10:00 AM.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Well done to all.
    What you may not know is that you are inspiring others too. I read about the intermittent fasting and the 16/8 and thought, well nothing to lose, so have given it a go. Dropped from 95.6 to this mornings 90.9. Not feeling hungry and although still not eating the white flour products, bread, rice and potato am not as stressed as trying to do banting. My biggest issue with banting was putting enough fat into the diet.

Biggest noticeable improvement is ............. tying my shoe laces

Oldtimer, we wish you well with this but I personally feel that you will see the benefits. There are many reports of improved blood pressure levels, cholesterol and blood sugar levels associated with gastric surgery. I look forward to you being half the man you used to be.
    Well said, and thanks for the well wishes........
    Johan De Graaf

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8
    2018 Discovery Sport SE (wifey's)
    2017 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost
    2016 Venter Off-roader

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I gave up trying to lose weight by dieting, have tried every type available and will lose weight but will regain it and more as soon as I stop.

I have now opted to go for a Bariatric Gastric Bypass under the knife of Prof. Hein Van Der Walt at Unitas hospital. They have a team approach where the good Prof. is assisted by a dietitian, a phyciatrist, an many more, each knowing intrinsically how to handle us severely morbid obese fat arses. The dietician will ensure you lose the correct amount of weight pre-op and teach you how and what to eat post op. The psychiatrist will make sure your mindset is correct and that you go under the knife for the correct reasons, not just because you have the money to pay for it.

My operation is scheduled for 2 October this year and before that I will have to lose 15% of my weight, which is 23Kg, which means that I weighed 152Kg when I walked into his offices, after one week I dropped to 147,3kg, my next weigh in is next week Monday.

It is now nearly two weeks since I started on the prescribed diet and I have lost 7kg just by eating the correct food at the correct intervals. No walking, no going to the gym, no exercising at all.

I have around 12 weeks left in which to learn how to eat less and also to learn how to survive on liquids immediately before and for a month after the operation.

My BMI is 49........I need to lose 75Kg to get to my goal weight, that is half my current weight and all of it is between my hips and my neck.........

2019 will see "Oldtimer version 2".

What I looked like in my younger years.

And what I look like now......................
    Very inspiring - good luck with the preparations and I hope 2019 will indeed be with a totally new you. Such drastic loss surely gives a mental boost as well.

Results for last week. Nice one Rainier!

Only three weeks left to lose that last blubber; keep it up guys, everyone did exceptionally well!

Results for the past week. Well done Rainier! Two weeks to go everyone! Let's aim to get at least 80kg of lard eradicated from earth.
    Last edited by George; 2018/07/17 at 11:50 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13