Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March - Page 3





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    The icon of Africa
    Hello daar !

    Lanklaas op die forum gewees...

    Ek moet ook my nuwe wiele bietjie toets !!
    Was ook nog nie by Piesangkloof nie.
    Laat ek met SWAMBO bietjie gesels...
    Francois Hamman
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Auto
    1992 Mitsubishi Pajero JDM SWB 3SGTE ST205 32x11.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Tapie View Post
    Hello daar !

    Lanklaas op die forum gewees...

    Ek moet ook my nuwe wiele bietjie toets !!
    Was ook nog nie by Piesangkloof nie.
    Laat ek met SWAMBO bietjie gesels...
    Lekker Francois, ons wag vir jou positiewe antwoord
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    105 cruiser would be an awesome addition. Where are the guys with def 90, jeep TJ, JKU LC 79? This is becoming an ideal opportunity to see all the legends in action.
    Pieter Greyling
    ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!
    ORRA: Z85

    -Land Rover Defender 110 Td5
    -BMW G650 xChallenge

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Wall
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,702

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by pjf110 View Post
    105 cruiser would be an awesome addition. Where are the guys with def 90, jeep TJ, JKU LC 79? This is becoming an ideal opportunity to see all the legends in action.
    The TJ guys are planning their re-fueling stops.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.




  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brits
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    The TJ guys are planning their re-fueling stops.
    As am I... And I only stay about 20km away...
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Johanesburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    The TJ guys are planning their re-fueling stops.
    No sympathy from my side on this one...
    1984 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416, 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, 2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 (Sexy car for a sexy wife)

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Harties Boet
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Haha! I totally forgot I even RSVPd to this one. Some days I wonder about myself!

    Im still in, however a little more apprehensive - some of the nissan guys did the route last weekend and some of the vehicles required winching (not the patrols obviously ), and some underbody bashing etc. From what I can work out, that swifts pass was involved though. I might chicken out of that one.

    I havent put the patrol in low range for months now, so Im going to be a little shaky on sunday I reckon!
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8
    1999 Nissan Patrol 4.2D

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brits
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Haha! I totally forgot I even RSVPd to this one. Some days I wonder about myself!

    Im still in, however a little more apprehensive - some of the nissan guys did the route last weekend and some of the vehicles required winching (not the patrols obviously ), and some underbody bashing etc. From what I can work out, that swifts pass was involved though. I might chicken out of that one.

    I havent put the patrol in low range for months now, so Im going to be a little shaky on sunday I reckon!
    Correction: Two Pajeros, one HardBody, one Navara and one Patrol were winched out of that obstacle.

    The brand bias will be because it was a NORC event (read: more Nissans).

    Bears mentioning that the Patrol which was winched out had a non-functional diff lock. There was a jeep that battled as well.

    Anyways, I am most definitely in. See everyone Sunday.

    I guess we'll cope.
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    Correction: Two Pajeros, one HardBody, one Navara and one Patrol were winched out of that obstacle.

    The brand bias will be because it was a NORC event (read: more Nissans).

    Bears mentioning that the Patrol which was winched out had a non-functional diff lock. There was a jeep that battled as well.

    Anyways, I am most definitely in. See everyone Sunday.

    I guess we'll cope.
    What obstacle Ian?
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brits
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    What obstacle Ian?
    Not entirely sure at the moment. Extended route, not sure if this includes Swift's route.

    NORC had an event there weekend past. Not sure which route they did, but there were a few issues, apparently. Will see what details I can get.

    Thread is here: http://www.patrol4x4.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7603

    Edit: I could not attend that event. I was in Potch.
    Last edited by iandvl; 2018/02/27 at 05:38 PM.
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Oos Transvaal / Laeveld
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,782

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppies View Post
    Don't forget the Hilux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    The icon of Africa
    You guys are hilarious....

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Johanesburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Ok we're definitely in for Sunday morning.
    We'll meet you guys there, we'll aim for 08:30 - but at my top speed that usually turns into 09:00 8)
    Anybody is welcome to PM me for my phone number, or if you use Telegram messenger, I'm on @DawidLoubser
    Will also be on the radio on ORA channel 1

    I take it we're going to have a nice braai on the mountain?
    Last edited by Dawid Loubser; 2018/02/28 at 09:17 AM.
    1984 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416, 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, 2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 (Sexy car for a sexy wife)

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by PATROLLICA View Post
    You guys are hilarious....
    Well... then at least the icon of Top Gear..
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    THE ICONIC LIST


    1. Hedgehog - LC76
    2. Ianvdl - Troll 4.5
    3. Pfj110 - Defender
    4. Choppies - Hilux
    5. Graham - Troll 4.8
    6. Johan Maree - G Wagon
    7. John Joubert - Triton
    8. RonB - Fortuner
    9. Dawid Loubsher - MOG
    10. Tapie - Cruiser 105
    11. JurgenH - JKR
    12. Stephan Vermaak - FJ Cruiser
    Good news!!!!

    I have enticed a JKR and an FJ Cruiser to join!!!
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Is there a limit to group size? Might have a last minute prado joining
    Pieter Greyling
    ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!
    ORRA: Z85

    -Land Rover Defender 110 Td5
    -BMW G650 xChallenge

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by pjf110 View Post
    Is there a limit to group size? Might have a last minute prado joining
    OK
    I think then we are done..
    It is a technical trail. So slow going
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,447

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Okay, not an icon, but just maybe Granny 2.0 will join as well. Will let you guys know.
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    870

    Default Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Gathered as much...ill make sure if hes there hes at the back
    Last edited by pjf110; 2018/02/28 at 02:12 PM.
    Pieter Greyling
    ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!
    ORRA: Z85

    -Land Rover Defender 110 Td5
    -BMW G650 xChallenge

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    Okay, not an icon, but just maybe Granny 2.0 will join as well. Will let you guys know.
    Granny is an ICON
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    THE ICONIC LIST


    1. Hedgehog - LC76
    2. Ianvdl - Troll 4.5
    3. Pfj110 - Defender
    4. Choppies - Hilux
    5. Graham - Troll 4.8
    6. Johan Maree - G Wagon
    7. John Joubert - Triton
    8. RonB - Fortuner
    9. Dawid Loubsher - MOG
    10. Tapie - Cruiser 105
    11. JurgenH - JKR
    12. Stephan Vermaak - FJ Cruiser
    13. Sakkie - Granny
    14. Pfj110's friend - Prado
    I think we now have all the Toyota 4x4's in this list (Range wise, not model)
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •