Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March - Page 2




Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 153
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanked: 425

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by pjf110 View Post
    Seeing as there is already a LC76, def110 and patrol going it would be a shame not to have a JKU or maybe even a g-wagon along for comparison.

    The big 5 of off roading station wagons in my opinion.
    Ok, challenge is on. In a friendly way of course.
    No winch but snatch and other recovery eqp in car.
    Hopefully someone will be willing to recover us when we get stuck.

    Planning to camp there from Friday, 2 March
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:


  3. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brits
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanked: 370

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    It seems as if it will be an epic day...

    Cruiser, Defender, Gelandewagen and a Patrol so far....

    That is good.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:


  5. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brits
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanked: 370

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Sorry, would have loved to join & watch Ian enjoying the freedom to drive with his windows fully open, but it clashes with a Club AGM...
    Would you like me to send a pic Manny ?

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sun City
    Age
    38
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 18

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Would be there if I can sort out work, but I'll only know on friday.
    Last edited by ClintonC; 2018/02/24 at 07:46 AM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ClintonC For This Useful Post:


  8. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Ok, challenge is on. In a friendly way of course.
    No winch but snatch and other recovery eqp in car.
    Hopefully someone will be willing to recover us when we get stuck.

    Planning to camp there from Friday, 2 March
    This will be awesome
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  9. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    pretoria
    Age
    42
    Posts
    57
    Thanked: 5

    Talking Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    I will be there

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    35
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    We will do the extended trail and this takes +/- 4 hours, and costs R300.00.
    Hedgehog

    Did you perhaps inquire if we need to book and pay upfront, or do we just pitch up and pay at the gate/reception?


    2012 Toyota Hilux 3.0L D4D D/C 4x4 Auto
    2014 Kia Rio TEC (SWAMBO's Platkar)

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppies View Post
    Hedgehog

    Did you perhaps inquire if we need to book and pay upfront, or do we just pitch up and pay at the gate/reception?
    I have been there a few times and have never had to book, or pay upfront. I will phone to make sure.
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppies View Post
    Hedgehog

    Did you perhaps inquire if we need to book and pay upfront, or do we just pitch up and pay at the gate/reception?
    Choppies, I have contacted them and they are expecting us for Sunday 9am.

    Those that want to camp on Saturday must please make the booking directly with the venue.
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    35
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Choppies, I have contacted them and they are expecting us for Sunday 9am.

    Those that want to camp on Saturday must please make the booking directly with the venue.
    Thanks for the info

    See you there.


    2012 Toyota Hilux 3.0L D4D D/C 4x4 Auto
    2014 Kia Rio TEC (SWAMBO's Platkar)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Choppies For This Useful Post:


  15. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanked: 425

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Ons het reeds bespreek om vanaf Vrydagmiddag daar te kamp.

    Ter inligting. As dit gedurende die naweek daar reŽn sal ek nie die 4/5 roete doen nie.
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Ons het reeds bespreek om vanaf Vrydagmiddag daar te kamp.

    Ter inligting. As dit gedurende die naweek daar reŽn sal ek nie die 4/5 roete doen nie.
    Ons gaan net die gewone roete doen. Nie "Swifts Route" nie
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  17. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Johanesburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    272
    Thanked: 114

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Hopefully someone will be willing to recover us when we get stuck.
    ...you called?
    I've never done Piesangkloof.
    I'll know in the next 2 days if my schedule is open, would love to join you guys.
    1984 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416, 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, 2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 (Sexy car for a sexy wife)

  18. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    If the Mog joins, then we still need a 80, an FJ, a JK and a 90... Then this will be a trip of ICONS...
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  19. #35
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pretoria, Garsfontein
    Age
    53
    Posts
    117
    Thanked: 70

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    I would also like to join, maybe camping on Sat night.



    Where and to whom do I pay the R500 to drive with you

  20. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    I would also like to join, maybe camping on Sat night.



    Where and to whom do I pay the R500 to drive with you
    Great Ron, awesome of you to join us.

    No payment needed to me , but you pay the trail owner his fee on Sunday
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  21. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Johanesburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    272
    Thanked: 114

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    If the Mog joins, then we still need a 80, an FJ, a JK and a 90... Then this will be a trip of ICONS...
    I like this idea... a trip of Icons.

    Let's reach out to owners of those vehicles and make it so?

    90% sure I can make Sunday. Won't camp over, but come through in the morning.
    I must admit, I would be tempted by the rougher stuff like Swift's Pass also, if online videos are anything to go by.

    P.S. How cool. As I type this, a beautiful white old Mercedes G-wagen parks across the street from the restaurant where I am sitting in Parkhurst...
    1984 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416, 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, 2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 (Sexy car for a sexy wife)

  22. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    35
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    It seems as if it will be an epic day...

    Cruiser, Defender, Gelandewagen and a Patrol so far....

    That is good.
    Don't forget the Hilux.


    2012 Toyota Hilux 3.0L D4D D/C 4x4 Auto
    2014 Kia Rio TEC (SWAMBO's Platkar)

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Choppies For This Useful Post:


  24. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawid Loubser View Post
    I like this idea... a trip of Icons.

    Let's reach out to owners of those vehicles and make it so?

    90% sure I can make Sunday. Won't camp over, but come through in the morning.
    I must admit, I would be tempted by the rougher stuff like Swift's Pass also, if online videos are anything to go by.

    P.S. How cool. As I type this, a beautiful white old Mercedes G-wagen parks across the street from the restaurant where I am sitting in Parkhurst...
    I might get an FJ and a JKR.. Let us hope
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

  25. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: Outing - 4x4 Trail Drive. Piesang Kloof. 4th of March

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppies View Post
    Don't forget the Hilux.
    The icon of Africa
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    LC76V8

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •