My Fortuner Journey - Page 17





Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 345
  1. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    17,112
    Thanked: 2449

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Wim77 View Post
    Yes, I drilled 2 small holes - one for each cable. The BH connector is attached with 2 small screws with nuts (2 more holes)
    Attachment 526016
    Same as mine. I like the neat minimal look.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  3. #322
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    One does not always have to do a technical trail to have a outing and to stretch the legs of your vehicle. Also don't have to drive very far...

    Recently drove Breedtsnek Pass. Basically a bad public road that makes for a interesting outing. Have a look at the video on Youtube:
    https://youtu.be/-s0TJ_IJg7w
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  4. #323
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    70
    Thanked: 3

    Smile Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Morning Bogaards,

    Nice thread you have and I see your SA4Wheeling on you-tube is also getting quite a lot of views.

    I note you have Goodyear Wrangler Adventure Tyres fitted to your vehicle. I have the same fitted. On my previous vehicle I had BF Goodridge and Coopers ST Max.

    Not sure if it is my imagination but it seems as if the GYR's don't like tyre pressures below two bar. Would you mind sharing your experience with the GYR's and what tyre pressures you use when driving off road and trails. Gravel, Rocks and Sand.

    Thank You and Regards,

    Eric

  5. #324
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric&Sonja View Post
    Morning Bogaards,

    Nice thread you have and I see your SA4Wheeling on you-tube is also getting quite a lot of views.

    I note you have Goodyear Wrangler Adventure Tyres fitted to your vehicle. I have the same fitted. On my previous vehicle I had BF Goodridge and Coopers ST Max.

    Not sure if it is my imagination but it seems as if the GYR's don't like tyre pressures below two bar. Would you mind sharing your experience with the GYR's and what tyre pressures you use when driving off road and trails. Gravel, Rocks and Sand.

    Thank You and Regards,

    Eric
    Hi Eric

    Yes, I have the GY Adventure tyres fitted (265/60/R18)

    Usually I am running them at 2.2 - 2.4 bar. On the road grip and experience is very good.

    Offroad I also cannot complain. Usually I use a pressure of 1.5 bar (rock and gravel). So far I have not any problems with them and offroad I am also very happy with them. They are softer than BFG, but looking at the mileage I know some of the BFG get out of them don't think I will be worse off. I should get around 80,000 from my set (I do use 5 tyre rotation).

    The lowest pressure I have used was 0.7 bar at Paradise 4x4 (sand). I did not have any problems at this pressure. As the side wall is not as thick as BFG etc the tyre flexes more.

    So, to answer in short I don't have any problems with pressure below 2 bar.

    I have also chose this tyre as I am doing tar road travel with them as well and used to do my daily driving with the Fortuner as well.

    Will I replace them with the same? I don't know - at this stage I don't have any reason why not to. The only place where I have found that BFG (KO2) did better was Mud as the thread did not get filled with that much mud. Have a look at my Kungwini video at the cross axles, you will see the vehicle slides sideways before it hits a bump and move forward. Guys with BFG did not have that slippage.

    Other thing with it being a lighter tyre I will get better fuel consumption vs BFG.

    Hope this answers your question?
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  6. #325
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    70
    Thanked: 3

    Thumbs up Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Hi Bogaards,

    Thanks for your reply, appreciate.

    We did Tankwa Karoo and some other passes in March and not going below 1.8 bar. In the evening it looked as if the side walls had like bumps on them (separations) whilst the tyre was hot. once the tyres has cooled down these bumps disappeared. On the Explorer we had the previous Wrangler AT/SA and they coped very well with a pressure of 1.2. Just concerned they will let us down somewhere on a trail. Will try and do as many trails not too far from Gauteng as we can before our next long trip that in case they want to pack up they can do it close to home and not somewhere between nothing and nowhere.

    Regards,


    Eric

  7. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric&Sonja View Post
    Hi Bogaards,

    Thanks for your reply, appreciate.

    We did Tankwa Karoo and some other passes in March and not going below 1.8 bar. In the evening it looked as if the side walls had like bumps on them (separations) whilst the tyre was hot. once the tyres has cooled down these bumps disappeared. On the Explorer we had the previous Wrangler AT/SA and they coped very well with a pressure of 1.2. Just concerned they will let us down somewhere on a trail. Will try and do as many trails not too far from Gauteng as we can before our next long trip that in case they want to pack up they can do it close to home and not somewhere between nothing and nowhere.

    Regards,


    Eric
    No problem.

    I have not yet encountered anything like that. Have you taken pictures?

    I also tow a caravan with the AT/SA tyres on and they are also still good.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  8. #327
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Recently did the De Wildt 4x4 Trail. Nothing serious and no problems for the Fortuner.

    Was amazed how easy it was going down Gert se Klip mostly on Engine braking. Never did it feel as if the engine will stall, even with heavy braking and not touching the clutch.

    Link to the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=117V...ature=youtu.be
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:


  10. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    The Fortuner keeps on impressing me.

    Recently did the Berakah 4x4 trail

    https://youtu.be/gRy1yfB0440
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:


  12. #329
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    65
    Posts
    279
    Thanked: 323

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggy4x4Bedinges View Post
    25 Mei 2016 gekoop sy loop nog soos n droom het n paar mods op maar niks te ernstig
    Nice looking vehicle - can I ask; what nudge bar is that? The "wings" add a little bit of protection without too much weight.

  13. #330
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kathu
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,319
    Thanked: 2846

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    The Fortuner keeps on impressing me.

    Recently did the Berakah 4x4 trail

    https://youtu.be/gRy1yfB0440
    The 2.8 engine is a gem. Did a trip a few weeks ago with my sons 2.8GD6 Hilux. Were quite surprised with the fuel consumption. It turned out 11km/l .
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to grips For This Useful Post:


  15. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    The 2.8 engine is a gem. Did a trip a few weeks ago with my sons 2.8GD6 Hilux. Were quite surprised with the fuel consumption. It turned out 11km/l .
    Agree, I really like this engine. Can press the brake hard without the vehicle stalling. I am also getting around 11km/l
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  16. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Live : Bethal , Work : Saudi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanked: 255

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by mudgrubber View Post
    Nice looking vehicle - can I ask; what nudge bar is that? The "wings" add a little bit of protection without too much weight.
    Mudgrubber its the wrap around nudge bar from errols tires
    I didnt want the normal one that toyota offer
    One life Live it

    Take The Roads less traveled

    Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

  17. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Did the Hennops 4x4 Trail recently.

    The Hennops 4x4 Trail Video is now available on Youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2Tm1tGtfs

    The Fortuner is still going strong - now on 40,000 km. Not a single problem.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  18. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Otjiwarongo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    254
    Thanked: 134

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggy4x4Bedinges View Post
    Mudgrubber its the wrap around nudge bar from errols tires
    I didnt want the normal one that toyota offer
    Toyota also offers Wrap Around Nudge bars for the Fortuner and Hilux!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #335
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Last trail complete - Spookspruit

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Og3MiEAQI0&t=8s
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  20. #336
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    durbanville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    803
    Thanked: 3

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Bogaards , ek het dieselfde as jy gedoen kom ook vanaf amarok 4motion auto na fortuner, ook maar oor die 7 seater en warranty etc etc, niks fout met Rok gewees.

    Wil se ek hou baie van die tuna , het die auto gekies.

    Hoe is jou ondervinding nog as jy die rok en tuna moet vergelyk?
    Fortuner 2.8 GD 6 4x4 auto
    Daily Driver

    Jeep Wrangler JK 2dr
    Cooper STT Pro 33's
    Maniac Bumper
    Poisen spider rock slider
    1 No Petrol card

  21. #337
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,458
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Dis moeilik, want in n mate is dit 2 verskillende voertuie, maar die volgende het ek al opgelet.

    Die 2.8 engine is beter as die van die Amarok, krag is beter en die Manual vrek nie so maklik nie, jy kan die briek maar hard trap, hy sal nie sommer doodruk nie.
    Die Manual se ratkas is ook beter - dis vir my 'n makliker ratkas om van dag tot dag mee saam te leef.

    Omdat die Toyota smaller is help dit in 4x4 omstandighede.

    Dis baie makliker om aftermarket goed vir die toyota te kry. Rocksliders is ook beter op Toyota, met die Amarok kan jy omtrent net Seikel oorweeg sonder om hoogte te verloor.

    Ek dink hier en daar is die boukwaliteit van die Amarok beter, maar dan moet ek ook se dat die Fortuner stiller binne is as die Amarok.

    Dis my mening/persepsie...
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:


  23. #338
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,520
    Thanked: 468

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 freak View Post
    Bogaards , ek het dieselfde as jy gedoen kom ook vanaf amarok 4motion auto na fortuner, ook maar oor die 7 seater en warranty etc etc, niks fout met Rok gewees.

    Wil se ek hou baie van die tuna , het die auto gekies.

    Hoe is jou ondervinding nog as jy die rok en tuna moet vergelyk?
    Hallo Frikkie

    Long time no see.....
    Everybody needs to believe in something.... I believe I will have another Beer!

    Travel Blog: https://since1652.wordpress.com/

    https://www.instagram.com/since1652travel/

  24. #339
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    durbanville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    803
    Thanked: 3

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsak View Post
    Hallo Frikkie

    Long time no see.....
    yebo tjomma!! hallo daar, sien jy ook nou n toy?
    Fortuner 2.8 GD 6 4x4 auto
    Daily Driver

    Jeep Wrangler JK 2dr
    Cooper STT Pro 33's
    Maniac Bumper
    Poisen spider rock slider
    1 No Petrol card

  25. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,447
    Thanked: 3329

    Default Re: My Fortuner Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggy4x4Bedinges View Post
    25 Mei 2016 gekoop sy loop nog soos n droom het n paar mods op maar niks te ernstig
    Haggy, your FT looks "different". Apart from the fender spats and rims, what else was done? Are the rim off set different to standard. Tyre size?

    Did you change anything on the suspension? Is there a way to improve the ride quality? More Prado like?
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •