Road conditions Mabua in march 2019?

Default Road conditions Mabua in march 2019?

I previously used this forum to plan trips to Botswana and now I need some advice and help again

We are a planning a 5 week trip, first to Kruger(the kids like it and it still the only place that we have seen wild dogs), but after that we will go to Kgalagadi for around 3 weeks. We been there in 2014 but only stayed at the South African side. After our trip in 2016 to CKGR, Moremi, Savuti, Kwai and Chobe we like the unfenced campsites. So this time we defintely will stay at Rooiputs and Polentswa, but what about Mabuasehube?
    How are the roads in march ? We might hire a offroad trailer, but will that give us problems since itīs the rainy season? We survived CKGR in july, but I donīt have the confidence to do CKGR in the rainy season. So Is Mabua similiar to CKGR in the rainy season?
    And lastly, which campites are the best in Mabua?

Default Re: Road conditions Mabua in march 2019?

Botswana tourism is one of the best in World.

WE BOOK: 4X4 cars, campsites, lodges, game drives, scenic flights, park fees, transfers, safari activities,tour guides,Mekoro(canoe) & boat trips.

#Okavango Delta luxury lodges packages
    #Chobe luxury lodges & campsites packages
    #Moremi & Khwai camping packages
    #Makgadikgadi pan National Park camping packages
    #Nxa pan camping packages
    #CKGR camping packages
    #Kasane luxury lodges & camping packages
    #Tsodilo hills camping packages
    #Victoria falls luxury lodges & camping packages
    #Caprivi strip luxury lodges & camping packages

Oka swamp travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    +26774639455

Hi Skmorotsi with respect your post here and in some other threads are IMHO intrusive. You could perhaps PM the OP’s instead.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayRon View Post
    I previously used this forum to plan trips to Botswana and now I need some advice and help again

We are a planning a 5 week trip, first to Kruger(the kids like it and it still the only place that we have seen wild dogs), but after that we will go to Kgalagadi for around 3 weeks. We been there in 2014 but only stayed at the South African side. After our trip in 2016 to CKGR, Moremi, Savuti, Kwai and Chobe we like the unfenced campsites. So this time we defintely will stay at Rooiputs and Polentswa, but what about Mabuasehube?
    How are the roads in march ? We might hire a offroad trailer, but will that give us problems since itīs the rainy season? We survived CKGR in july, but I donīt have the confidence to do CKGR in the rainy season. So Is Mabua similiar to CKGR in the rainy season?
    And lastly, which campites are the best in Mabua?
    Hi JayRon,

you won't have any problems with the roads in Mabua in March. In fact I think the roads in Mabua get better with a bit of rain. There is no black cotton soil like CKGR. The roads are mostly hard gravel or soft sand. With rain the soft sand becomes firmer and less corrugated. So hire a trailer and tow without any concerns.

In terms of best camp sites I would say Mpayathutlwa every time. I would say Mpaya 2 as my top as the tap with water is right in front of the A Frame and you get to see a lot of animals who make their way to the water to drink. Second I would say Mpaya 1, as there is a toilet and shower, however these are a bit further back and behind the a frame, so you often miss the action at the shower because you can't see the animals going to drink from the shower at night.

We saw wild dog at Mabua on our last trip 3 weeks ago. 1st for us in Mabua after going for 5 years a few times a year...

Love that place.
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Donlux For This Useful Post: