Qashqai

Thread: Qashqai

Default Qashqai

I'm looking at buying a second hand Qashqai diesel, 2013/4 model. Will be my daily drive, and must be able to do gravel roads. Budget +- R200k.

A few questions:

1) 2.0 or 1.5?
    2) How is the fuel consumption of the 2 above engines?
    3) What must I look out for
    4) Is it a good buy?

Default Qashqai

Doesnít it only come in a 1.5 diesel?

I find our 1.2 petrol Acenta is not happy on gravel roads, there are a lot of bumps through the Suspension into the cabin which does not make it feel solid.

Thatís my experience.
    Last edited by KurtG; 2018/02/01 at 08:24 PM.
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KurtG For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Qashqai

I drive the 1.5 DCI 2014 model, and i must say the fuel consumption is pretty good.

I get an average of 16km/l (daily highway commute) but if i go for longer drives it goes up to around 18km/l - 19km/l.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Doesnít it only come in a 1.5 diesel?
    I see on Auto Trader the older models (2013 back) came out in a 2.0 dCi

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
    I drive the 1.5 DCI 2014 model, and i must say the fuel consumption is pretty good.

I get an average of 16km/l (daily highway commute) but if i go for longer drives it goes up to around 18km/l - 19km/l.
    Thanks

Can't comment on the diesels, but we have a 2011 1.6 petrol. Great car and very good on gravel with decent ground clearance.
    Get about 13km per litre on the petrol and it has sufficient oemff
    2004 Ranger 4000 V6 Auto (Weekender & Heavy loads)
    2011 BMW X1 Auto (My Mommy-Wagon)
    2011 CashCow 1.6 (Swambo)

We drive a 2012 1.5diesel. Agree on the fuel consumption.
    The only negative is that the 1st gear is relatively short. So if the guy behind you sits on your bumper at the robot, he is in for a surprise when you change to 2nd.

If the turbo is not spinning, pull away is slow until the turbo kicks in (2000rpm). So a little adjustment in your driving stile and you have a very nice versatile vehicle.

Gravel roads is no problem as the ground clearance is good. I prefer to avoid bad corrugation as i don't think the body was designed for that. Otherwise good road holding!
    Enjoy!
    Henk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to henkw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LdLL View Post
    I'm looking at buying a second hand Qashqai diesel, 2013/4 model. Will be my daily drive, and must be able to do gravel roads. Budget +- R200k.

A few questions:

1) 2.0 or 1.5?
    2) How is the fuel consumption of the 2 above engines?
    3) What must I look out for
    4) Is it a good buy?
    We have an early 2014 1.5DCi Ltd Edition. The one with the glass roof.

I have been using it up until December as my daily commute and can honestly say that it has been the best car that I have owned. I do the stint from Centurion to Waterfall and it gives me around 16.8 - 17.2km/l (i do drive carefully though). On the open road it will go to around 18.5 - 19.2km/l and that at around 130km/h.

I have used it on gravel, but not long distances and it was fairly OK. On the road, it drives like a much bigger car and is really comfortable.
    IT has auto headlights and wipers which makes life really easy - it does not have cruise control which I found to be a bummer, although it is easy to keep to a certain chosen speed.

As for tires, my first set of continental premium contact 2 (this is what the vehicle came out with) lasted 93,000km and still was not on the wear indicator. The car is light on tires and i have fitted the same tire in December 215/60 R18 that cost R9750.00 for 4, including fitment and balancing.

What to look out for:

I recently (November 2017) did a 90,000km service as my maintenance plan expired in Jan 2017 (on the years, not the distance). The 1.5 is the only engine in that Qasqhai model range with a timing belt, the others all having timing chains. I was quoted anywhere from R11,500.00 to R12,500 by various Nissan dealers in Gauteng. SAC's Auto quoted R8,500 for the service that included the timing belt. I eventually took the car to Welkom (Free State) and had it serviced at Morgan Nissan at R8,000 and visited the folks whilst there. NOTE, the timing belt needs replacement every 90,000km according the manufacturer, which could become quite a costly affair.

The 2.0 DCI is nice and powerful and will have some luxuries that our 1.5Dci Acenta Ltd Ed does not have - i.e. dual zone climate control and cruise control. It has the same 18" wheels as my 1.5 (note, only the limited or Ntec edition and not the standard version which rides on 16" wheels) so tires are gonna be a bit more expensive.

In short, and apart from the nasty cost of the timing belt, we have only had a good experience and cant find any other fault with the vehicle. I would rate any of the 2013 model range. the latter ones (new shape obviously has more luxuries.

Regards
    Danny
    Last edited by Dannyver; 2018/02/02 at 05:28 PM.
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyver View Post
    We have an early 2014 1.5DCi Ltd Edition. The one with the glass roof.

I have been using it up until December as my daily commute and can honestly say that it has been the best car that I have owned. I do the stint from Centurion to Waterfall and it gives me around 16.8 - 17.2km/l (i do drive carefully though). On the open road it will go to around 18.5 - 19.2km/l and that at around 130km/h.

I have used it on gravel, but not long distances and it was fairly OK. On the road, it drives like a much bigger car and is really comfortable.
    IT has auto headlights and wipers which makes life really easy - it does not have cruise control which I found to be a bummer, although it is easy to keep to a certain chosen speed.

As for tires, my first set of continental premium contact 2 (this is what the vehicle came out with) lasted 93,000km and still was not on the wear indicator. The car is light on tires and i have fitted the same tire in December 215/60 R18 that cost R9750.00 for 4, including fitment and balancing.

What to look out for:

I recently (November 2017) did a 90,000km service as my maintenance plan expired in Jan 2017 (on the years, not the distance). The 1.5 is the only engine in that Qasqhai model range with a timing belt, the others all having timing chains. I was quoted anywhere from R11,500.00 to R12,500 by various Nissan dealers in Gauteng. SAC's Auto quoted R8,500 for the service that included the timing belt. I eventually took the car to Welkom (Free State) and had it serviced at Morgan Nissan at R8,000 and visited the folks whilst there. NOTE, the timing belt needs replacement every 90,000km according the manufacturer, which could become quite a costly affair.

The 2.0 DCI is nice and powerful and will have some luxuries that our 1.5Dci Acenta Ltd Ed does not have - i.e. dual zone climate control and cruise control. It has the same 18" wheels as my 1.5 (note, only the limited or Ntec edition and not the standard version which rides on 16" wheels) so tires are gonna be a bit more expensive.

In short, and apart from the nasty cost of the timing belt, we have only had a good experience and cant find any other fault with the vehicle. I would rate any of the 2013 model range. the latter ones (new shape obviously has more luxuries.

Regards
    Danny
    Thanks Danny. Quite a lot of info.

Thanks Danny. Quite a lot of info.
    Only a pleasure.

Regards
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

Doesn't look like there is a lot of Qashqai owners

Doesn't look like there is a lot of Qashqai owners
    Well, this isnít the 4x2 Community Forum, now is it .

For what it is worth, when I was in Belgium and Germany late last year I noticed a lot of Qashqaiís there and apparently itís a very good seller (which would explain my own observations )
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

Nissan makes a 1.6 DCI 4WD version of the Qashqai.

I test drove one ... and i must say its has a lot moore OEMphf than the 1.5 DCI
    I didnt go down that root because i was concerned about the maintenance costs, i hope i am not dissapointed down the road