Botswana Trip

Thread: Botswana Trip

Default Botswana Trip

Hi Guys,

My wife and I are looking at doing a Bots trip around July/August this year. We really keen to head up through the central Kalahari, then through Moremi and up to Chobe.

Does any one know of a good route? We have a roof top tent and would like to camp in the wild as much as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Botswana Trip

Can anyone tell me if this is a feasible route in 10days:

chobe - moremi - central kalahari

if yes which campsites would you recommend in those parks?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HambaAfrica View Post
    Hi Guys,

My wife and I are looking at doing a Bots trip around July/August this year. We really keen to head up through the central Kalahari, then through Moremi and up to Chobe.

Does any one know of a good route? We have a roof top tent and would like to camp in the wild as much as possible.

You can start at Kubu Island
    Andre Steenkamp
    Giyani
    Limpopo

2011 Prado 3 D4D VX
    Conqueror Comfort trailer
    Snorkel
    Frontrunner Roof rack
    Frontrunner Drawer system
    Rhino Bumber

To be honest, I think proposing a route is close to pointless because availability will be close to zero in all the parks.

Your best options would be to contact an agency like Botswana Footprints, tell them how much time you have, your start and end dates and the general area in which you would like to go. They will be in the best position to string a route together for you based on what may be available.
    Andrew

Land Cruiser 76 (4.2)

Quote Originally Posted by HambaAfrica View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hi Hamba

You’re probably wondering why you’re not getting a ton of responses on your thread? I see you are relatively new to the forum, so here’s a few pointers:

The heading of the thread says nothing about what’s it about. Most people will simply scroll over it since it doesn’t sound interesting at all. You should have rather named it something like ‘Route advice on trans Botswana tour July/Aug 2018’.

Secondly it doesn’t sound like you have done any research yourself. There’s so many trip reports under the Botswana section that would have answered your question in the most amazing detail. First do the research, see what you like and dont like, get your own rough trip schedule together. Then ask for opinions about your planned trip that you’ve laid out.

Regarding your trip itself, July/August is very busy and probably already fully booked, depends on how flexible your dates are and which camping spots you want to visit. We normally book a year in advance, the moment the bookings become available for the following year.

We did a trip in 2017 along the lines of what you want to do. You can read the trip report here:

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e-called-Harry