Default nuvi 760, mapsoure advice required

Hi

Just bought the 760 and have a few questions (already know they are probably stupid) but here goes:

1. When i create my routes in mapsource and save them to pc they don't appear in the route tab on mapsource. i can open them one at a time but shouldn't they appear in a list? The reason for asking this is i want to transfer them all at the same time to nuvi 760.

2. Can someone explain the advantages / disadvantages of the SD card as opposed to internal memory and what should i transfer too.

3. I see there is a function under routes for notes. What is this function used for.

4. General question related to long trips. Is it better to break the trip into a route per day or as one route and why?

Thanks

If you haven't fixed it with duct tape you haven't used enough!

Vehicle details: OME suspension kit 400kg, long rank tank 150lt, 70lt water tank, drawer system, duel battery, snorkel, roof top tent, roof rack, fitting air compressor, double spare wheel carrier, sand tracks, NL 70lt

Hi There

unfortunately you can only open one saved gdb at a time. You can however copy routes from one database to another by simply right clicking them in the route tab, select copy. Open the new database and paste the route in the route tab.

Alternatively upload each route individually to your unit and then receive from the device all routes into a blank database. Save this one as your backup. as when you create the new routes you can paste them into your backup thus having one central storage of all your routes.

Hope that helps.

As far as SD vs onboard memory it is all about data usage. All the routes etc will have to be imported into the onboard memory on the 760 but things like your music, phone book etc can run of the SD.

I can't answer the notes bit but I would presume it is handy to make notes on toll fees etc

On the long route issue my preference is to break it up into daily routes. This makes it easier to share with friend who don't have loads of memory on their units and also allows easier editing.
    Partner Adventure 4X4 Academy
    http://www.4x4training.co.za

Thanks Ralph

unfortunately you can only open one saved gdb at a time. You can however copy routes from one database to another by simply right clicking them in the route tab, select copy. Open the new database and paste the route in the route tab.

Alternatively upload each route individually to your unit and then receive from the device all routes into a blank database. Save this one as your backup. as when you create the new routes you can paste them into your backup thus having one central storage of all your routes.
    Sorry don't really understand. the first part i get but stuggling with the second. When i select the route then transfer do i have to go to the gps and import file then do the next one? Also the T4 map goes with it. My problem is the next route i select on mapsource and transfer takes the associated T4 map with it and as far as i can see changes the maps loaded on gps.

Thanks on the suggestion related to the route i have now split it one for each day.

Vehicle details: OME suspension kit 400kg, long rank tank 150lt, 70lt water tank, drawer system, duel battery, snorkel, roof top tent, roof rack, fitting air compressor, double spare wheel carrier, sand tracks, NL 70lt

When you do the sync you can select what is transfered tracks, maps, routes and way points. Make sure only routes are selected and your T4A problem will go away.

The idea is to do all the work in Mapsource and then sync the 'backup' file to your unit - not to do a whole bunch of syncs
    Partner Adventure 4X4 Academy
    http://www.4x4training.co.za

cool thanks

It would also be wise to join the Garmap forum here:
    http://www.garmap.co.za/
    2012 Freelander 2 SD4 SE
    Offtrax Outplay