Custom Leisure Tech- Quick Pitch Roof Top Tent

Default Custom Leisure Tech- Quick Pitch Roof Top Tent

Hi All,

Does anyone have or have experience with Custom Leisure Tech's Quick Pit Roof Top Tent?

Default Re: Custom Leisure Tech- Quick Pitch Roof Top Tent

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone have or have experience with Custom Leisure Tech's Quick Pit Roof Top Tent?

A bit late, but I have a hardshell RTT from them - Really good value for money. super easy to pitch, comfortable mattress. And great service from Paul at CLT.

Well worth half the price of an Alu-Cab one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2002 LC 100VX 4.2TD - Frank the Tank [Sadly Sold]

2002 SWB Pajero 3.5 GDI [5 Years in SACPE getting treated like hell - not a happy customer];
    2000 Suzuki Jimny [Sold]

Old thread but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like some more pics of the "soft shell" quick pitch RTT. Particularly the interior.

The factory is an hour away from me so quite a trek to head out just to look at the tent. I'm also not about to drop R14 000.00 without having a really good idea of what it looks like

Ok so I took the long trek through the boerewors curtain to see the quick pitch tent and thought I would post some photos for the next person interested in the tent.

It is very well made, definitely not in the league of the hardshells but that's not the point. A bit more PT to open and close but nothing like a normal flip tent. It is also MUCH lighter than most other flip tents and much lighter than hardshell tents.

My one concern is the alu flooring which could get quite cold and wet in certain areas but Paul reckons they export plenty of them to Germany and the UK with no problems. They do have a carpet that can be installed below the mattress to help with any condensation concerns.

I will be ordering one shortly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_103515_600x600.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	517766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_103911_600x600.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	517767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_103925_600x600.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	517768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_104202_600x600.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	517769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_104454_600x600.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	517770  

Not sure why the pictures are all turned sideways

I have recently purchased the hard shell RTT from Paul at Leuisure Tech.Let me add that Paul was the most accommodating person to talk to and he listens to your requirements and makes constructive suggestions.Paul had to move my Easiawn to fit the RTT , however it is better positioned now AND he modified his spring pole that holds the outside skirt to fit the awning ....modified the front to accommodate the fuel and water tanks plus the 2nd spare tyre.He is a master .

My neck is getting sore from looking at all theses sideways pictures.
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8

Hey

I only see pictures but no review...

Does anyone have real user experience with the Quick Pitch Roof Top Tent??

Thanks

We have used ours for approximately 20 nights since getting it around April/May.

The single biggest advantage over your normal fold out RTT is that the canvas cover is integrated into the RTT. You therefore don't need to have a wrestling match with a damp dusty cover before heading out on a game drive. Given its tapered design and the fact that the leading edge of the cover is fully integrated the wind from driving cannot cause it to balloon like your normal covers. This had a very positive effect on fuel consumption.

The quality is excellent (based on my experience in owning a whole two RTTs) and certainly doesn't feel like a budget clamshell tent. Our very first night in the tent had a torrential downpour and although the noise from the rain kept me up we didn't find any leaks.

The tent is much lighter than a foldout tent and was dead easy for my wife and I to take off the canopy roof despite us both being hobbit sized.

I will say that there are a lot of aluminium square tubes on the interior which if you are clumsy like my wife you will bang your head against. Despite this the tubes seem to be alright

In colder conditions the tubes did collect a lot of condensation so keep a small micro-fibre cloth up there to wipe them down before closing the tent.