The Positive Political Posts Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Positive Political Posts Thread

The Rand touched 12.20 to the US$ dollar for a few minutes today - the Rand hasn't been that strong for nearly 3 years...

Guptas have to go to Parliament to answer on state capture. They might even be under oath. Hopefully so.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Guptas have to go to Parliament to answer on state capture. They might even be under oath. Hopefully so.
    You're naive if you think being under oath means anything these days. But it will be wonderful watching them squirm. That's if they don't flee for Dubai before then..

Just hours before the crucial meeting of the ANC top brass, Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa ratcheted up the fight against state capture, calling on the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) to be swift in bringing those implicated to book.
    https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...e-war-12799997
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    When does this happen.?

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    What?
    How the hell can the SAPS re employee someone who has legally been found guilty of committing a crime?
    Page 312 of The President's Keepers explains it all. Morris Tshabalala.
    Edit: page 312 of the pdf book.
    Last edited by Sawdust; 2018/01/19 at 08:25 AM.
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

I've always thought that IF the ANC can get their shi*t together they are probably the best (that we have to choose from) party to govern the country, because they've already been doing it for 20 years, badly, and the country has entirely imploded.

Now they seem to be, at least starting to, doing that...

As for the rest -

The DA remind me of an American soap opera... Everything looks great! But you don't know who is in bed with whom until something goes wrong and the daggers come out... And somebody always has amnesia...

The EFF remind me of Donald Trump. They're loud bullies who rely on the predictable outrage of people to get free media attention whenever they don't have anything of substance to say or do.

The BLF remind me of the Dr Evil's henchmen in the Austin Powers movies. They're pointless extras paid to make a noise and threaten Dr Evil's enemies by standing around and throwing things...
    Last edited by Quirky; 2018/01/19 at 08:33 AM.
    "I am a hypocrite but i try not to be..."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quirky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quirky View Post

The DA remind me of an American soap opera... Everything looks great! But you don't know who is in bed with whom until something goes wrong and the daggers come out... And somebody always has amnesia... ...
    I see you are based in dbn and therefore donít have much chance of alternative government. I am not sure how often you travel to Cape Town, which the da have been governing for some time now? Potholes, broken traffic lights. These are simply not a feature of the landscape there. Water, letís not forget, is first and foremast a national competence so really the anc should carry the can there.

Firstly I am no da apologist. Actually I am pretty pissed at them as under the current structure they decided to hit me with a 15k water bill for 5yrs of backdated charges despite never failing to pay a water bill.

Anyway, I believe I am objective be enough to see things as they are and I follow the local municipal politics pretty closely and my councilor in particular.

You may see the current da ructions as a bad sign. I would see it as dealing effectively with graft and maladministration in their ranks.

The only time I have ever seen this from the anc is when you fall foul of the current political elite. Julius for example was living large and well beyond his means, right up until he went against no1, when sars suddenly found its voice.

The da is currently spending a lot on internal audit and uncovering staggering amounts of corruption , over 10B ronts in jhb metro alone. That is a staggering amount considering it is just a metro and not the whole fiscus.

Personally I am not convinced I would vote for the da, but I appreciate their genuine efforts to try and reverse the effects of decades of anc plundering.

If you feel the anc is a better use of your vote, that is obviously your right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenplumb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    I see you are based in dbn and therefore donít have much chance of alternative government. I am not sure how often you travel to Cape Town, which the da have been governing for some time now? Potholes, broken traffic lights. These are simply not a feature of the landscape there. Water, letís not forget, is first and foremast a national competence so really the anc should carry the can there.

Firstly I am no da apologist. Actually I am pretty pissed at them as under the current structure they decided to hit me with a 15k water bill for 5yrs of backdated charges despite never failing to pay a water bill.

Anyway, I believe I am objective be enough to see things as they are and I follow the local municipal politics pretty closely and my councilor in particular.

You may see the current da ructions as a bad sign. I would see it as dealing effectively with graft and maladministration in their ranks.

The only time I have ever seen this from the anc is when you fall foul of the current political elite. Julius for example was living large and well beyond his means, right up until he went against no1, when sars suddenly found its voice.

The da is currently spending a lot on internal audit and uncovering staggering amounts of corruption , over 10B ronts in jhb metro alone. That is a staggering amount considering it is just a metro and not the whole fiscus.

Personally I am not convinced I would vote for the da, but I appreciate their genuine efforts to try and reverse the effects of decades of anc plundering.

If you feel the anc is a better use of your vote, that is obviously your right.
    I wouldn't vote for either if i had any better choices...

I agree that the DA do a better job than the ANC, hence the proviso "if they get their sh*t together".

Will they? Eh, I seriously doubt it but they might just surprise us...
    "I am a hypocrite but i try not to be..."

Quote Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
    I wouldn't vote for either if i had any better choices...

I agree that the DA do a better job than the ANC, hence the proviso "if they get their sh*t together".

Will they? Eh, I seriously doubt it but they might just surprise us...
    Personally I also do not like everything the DA stands for.

However I vote for them for a very important reason

Currently the DA is the only party that has any chance of outing the ANC
    With maybe the small chance of the EFF doing it

We need to get the ANC out first so that the word gets around that no party will have a default position in our government if they do not do their job

Once that happens the message may go through that they have to work and keep on earning their position otherwise they will be outed.
    And our country needs that to happen.

And do not get me wrong if the DA comes into power and they start buggering around then they should also be voted out
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:

Bloemfontein Ė Winnie Madikizela-Mandela has lost her claim to former president Nelson Mandela's Qunu homestead, in a decision handed down on Friday by the Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein.

While it is not good news when people die;
    both Roy Bennett (founder of Zim's 1st opposition party) & Lucas Mangope (Leader appointed by Nats to run the homeland of Bophutsthatswana) passed away, and it is interesting to note how far we have moved from when these two were at their height.

Not SA politics, but as close to us as you can get:

Zimbabwean Leader has called for elections within the next 4 months.

That's good news...

I am glad our education system has not failed to the extent that our citizens are eating laundry detergent.

And then people wonder why they elected Trump.

Google Tide Pod Challenge.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DrC_PF_3Lg
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    I am glad our education system has not failed to the extent that our citizens are eating laundry detergent.

And then people wonder why they elected Trump.

Google Tide Pod Challenge.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DrC_PF_3Lg
    Rainier, on this Thread we don't really care what the citizens of Shitholistan do,
    Be it eating Tide Washing Pods or shooting one another en masse.

We don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    When does this happen.?
    Based on the article in the local news Guptas will be shortly in the Parliament to answer. Good change that they give middle finger. I think many are looking if they jump the country but they have a problem. Where to go? Guptastan is falling apart.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

The Good News just keeps pouring in - the Verkrampt must hate this Thread!

Here's more:

Johannesburg Ė Forensic investigator Paul O'Sullivan and co-accused Melissa Naidu have been found not guilty on charges of kidnapping, intimidation and extortion in the Randburg Magistrate's Court.

"The state has dismally failed to prove the guilt of the accused in all counts," Magistrate Ndivhuwo Sethusha ruled on Friday.

Yet another one:

the Governor of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Mr. Lesetja Kganyago has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the International Monetary Fundís (IMF) International Monetary and Financial Committee.

ANC MP Mapule Mafolo was arrested for allegedly stealing two calves in Schweizer-Reneke.

This snippet of good news should take the heat off poor old Margaret......
    Cruzer VX

ANC is debating within NEC if Number Uno should be recalled. Lets see what will be the result.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 ... LastLast