"JOJO" or alternative water tanks in cape town - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: "JOJO" or alternative water tanks in cape town

Quote Originally Posted by ash007 View Post
    Hahah. No the invoice was in my name. Either my neighbour thought nobody was home and was planning on keeping it safe for me or she saw an opportunity. Lets rather stick with the first one.

So im still waiting for Roto Tank to call back but decided to call Eden Tanks to verify if their advertised dimensions are true as their dimensions would work great for me. Turns out that no their true dimensions are also not as advertised. So now im really stuck.

So pls be careful it seems like the dimensions given online are only to the top rim and excludes the curve at the top and the lid.
    Looks like you might have to start digging and dropping that base to the required level
    Flip

Member: 4x4 Action Group - GP0026 & Suzuki4x4GP
    Awesome: Suzuki Jimny;

Builders have a special on 5 000l for R4 400

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ArchieW For This Useful Post:

Bought a 2500l Rototank last week for R3k. Delivery should be within the next 3 weeks.
    Some 4x4 with an offroad caravan

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Thumbs up Re: "JOJO" or alternative water tanks in cape town

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    I paid some school fees .....

when buying a tank make SURE it has an "internal black lining" !! Without this you will have issues of algea growth. I tried a "non-lined" tank for the car-wash system .... after a few months it was so filthy of the algea that I could not even wash the car with it !

EcoGator sells tanks that are similarly priced to others, except it does NOT have the black lining !! (they may well have lined tanks in their range, just make SURE before paying)

Eco tanks - THIN side walls !!!! Plain flimsy when compared to the known brands. Must be a reason contractors avoid using these .....

JoJo - nice sturdy tank. Proper black lining. CRAP lid, worst of all the tanks I have seen !!

Nel Tanks - best of the lot that I have dealt with. Has the black lining. Proper lid. Nice and sturdy. LOVE these tanks .... I certainly understand why they are sold out months in advance.

That said .... good luck sourcing a Nel or JoJo tank in the Western Cape. The popular sizes are sold out until February and many till March. You need to put your money down and wait ....

Odd sized tanks can still be found if you search and search some more.

CAREFUL of our dear friends at Builders .... Pay for a JoJo (name specified on the slip), then they load a cheap flimsy tank on your trailer !!

once you have your tank, the search starts for pumps and fittings .....

Agri - they have a nice range of the various fittings

Cape Garden Centre Joostenbergvlakte - they have a VERY nice collection of first flush units, leave eaters, drain pipe fittings, then a specific range of fittings (aimed at the tanks they sell), very nice range of pumps and filters ..... and WELL priced. If you are heading down this road do yourself a favour and go have a look at what they offer. (The other branches does not YET offer this range of products - the owner has ordered a number of containers and will expand this range soon)

An update wrt my water tank scenario.

I found a alternative supplier up north that has a 5 000 lt tank that will fit, however they are R2 500 more per tank in comparison to Roto tank and thats excluding transport cost.

So I called Roto Tank back and they agreed/suggested to exchange my 5 000 lt tanks for 2 500 lt tanks. They deliverd them on Wed.

Unfortunately I only have enough space for 5 x 2 500lt tanks but at least its not to far of from what I would have had with the 3 x 5 000lt tanks.

Just a heads up they do not call before delivery even after making it addiment that they must call. Luckly my neighbour heard them hooting outside and gave me a call. I had to jump in the bakkke and rush from work.

All in all im glad I have my tanks now and Roto Tank was very helpful at trying to resolve the dimensions discrepancy.

Good product and great price.
    Ashley

Toyota Hilux Dakar 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 (2013)
    Toyota Hilux 2.7VVTi D/C (2006) - Sold

Here's a thought if you're installing tanks... I recently put in 3 x 5000 litre tanks, all in JoJo green. My mate came round to visit and asked why I opted for green tanks. I hadn't even thought of the colour and asked why - we then looked at his tanks, which he put in his garden... those light brown tanks just disappear!

I didn't think of colour when purchasing, but if your tanks are going under the trees, or next to a bush or the house, then go for the light brown ones. I was genuinely amazed at how camouflaged they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Here's a thought if you're installing tanks... I recently put in 3 x 5000 litre tanks, all in JoJo green. My mate came round to visit and asked why I opted for green tanks. I hadn't even thought of the colour and asked why - we then looked at his tanks, which he put in his garden... those light brown tanks just disappear!

I didn't think of colour when purchasing, but if your tanks are going under the trees, or next to a bush or the house, then go for the light brown ones. I was genuinely amazed at how camouflaged they were.
    This is quite weird. You would think green would be better. The same applies to fencing. Those expensive plastic coated fences, green sticks out far more than the grey ones.

I bought 2 Africa slimline 1 600ltr tanks, one light grey and other light brown and they seem to blend in nicely, not conspicuous like jojo green.

Tanks have a triple lining, with centre lining black. When you take off lid, interior is brilliant white and makes it easy to check interior. When lid is replaced, interior is pitch black and would certainly prevent algae growth etc. Now filled with borehole water and connected to main water line, but with stop cocks. Will eventually connect foof gutters to tanks.

By closing off main water supply, i use pressure pump to pump water into main line but intended only for three garden taps for gardening purposes and filling up pool. Will connect system to filters, in case i need water for house.

All this because i followed CT day zero thing and plan to avoid a Gauteng day zero in future. R11k spent to date, with R4k filter and 2 new gutters next, to complete picture
    Last edited by julius caesar; 2018/02/28 at 05:59 PM.
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

How nice. My Rototank just got delivered. 20:30 in the evening. No communication from them whatsoever to arrange delivery. The poor delivery man has been delivering tanks since 03:00 this morning and has 3 more tanks on the trailer. Sounds like a real upstanding company
    Last edited by George; 2018/03/13 at 08:40 PM.
    Some 4x4 with an offroad caravan

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

OdM

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    This is quite weird. You would think green would be better. The same applies to fencing. Those expensive plastic coated fences, green sticks out far more than the grey ones.
    Off topic but it seems if you want a wire or metal fence to disappear amongst the garden plants, go black. I see it often with the new type of Betafence/Clearview type fences.
    Last edited by Sawdust; 2018/03/14 at 07:33 PM.
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Off topic but it seems if you want a wire or metal fence to disappear amongst the garden plants, go black. I see it often with the new type of Betafence/Clearview type femces.
    A fence or gate should be painted black on the property side, and white on the outside. Makes it easy to look out through the fence, but more difficult looking in.

I also would have thought that green tanks would blend in better into nature, but the beige does blend in better. A reason why beige cameo clothing is so good.

BTW, my sister's Roto tanks were also delivered late this pm without notification, after being promised last week that they would call first. Luckily she was at home. They are really burning the candle at both ends at the moment - good for them!

Looks like ordering from Roto Tank was a mistake, end of their delivery period they gave me was last week Monday.

Emailed them on Wednesday, all I got was a forward of my mail to someone else, and nothing, when I followed that up, ignored.

Googling them doesn't bring much confidence in their customer service.

I'll call them tomorrow and if I can't get any decent service out of them I'll request my money back.

Reading the reviews I can only imagine what their warranty is worth.
    Last edited by xrapidx; 2018/04/03 at 06:38 PM.

It is a sound company and have a very good product. Their delivery coordination however in CT is a bit disjointed - despite emails and telephone calls. It seems that they deliver without admin knowing about it. It happened to a few on this forum, as well to my sister who received her tanks 2 weeks ago. Luckily she was in - it was after hours.

I would not worry and would wait it out.

My issue is we're going overseas soon, and had planned to have it installed and tapped into the house before we left.

They could have the common decency of at least letting customers know of delays, instead of going from responding to emails, to ignoring them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xrapidx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    My issue is we're going overseas soon, and had planned to have it installed and tapped into the house before we left.

They could have the common decency of at least letting customers know of delays, instead of going from responding to emails, to ignoring them.
    Yip, I understand

How long was it since you ordered? They did deliver within the promised time frame (4-5 weeks?)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    Yip, I understand

How long was it since you ordered? They did deliver within the promised time frame (4-5 weeks?)
    7 weeks this week.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    7 weeks this week.
    Eish. Maybe they delivered your tanks to my sister...hope you get yours soon!

Still amazes me the large number of convoys entering the Cape towing multiple trailers full op tanks.

and yet many outlets have a selection of the cheaper thanks gather dust .....

GOOD to see the buying public doing their homework and shunning the poor quality items, opting to rather wait for something decent.

busy kitting out a rental house .... wondering if I should add a Jojo ....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Still amazes me the large number of convoys entering the Cape towing multiple trailers full op tanks.

and yet many outlets have a selection of the cheaper thanks gather dust .....

GOOD to see the buying public doing their homework and shunning the poor quality items, opting to rather wait for something decent.

busy kitting out a rental house .... wondering if I should add a Jojo ....
    It is a long term project. It will pay to get the better stuff. Next year could be worse. Hopefully not.

Stay away from roto.
    I ordered a tank and when I followed up six weeks later they told me they don't have my order.
    I forwarded all my emails as well as my proof of payment again and they said they'll make a plan.
    I recieved my tank the next day with a child lock that I did not order.
    Can't help but wonder who's tank they took and gave to me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast