Fiat Fullback owner feedback/review

Default Fiat Fullback owner feedback/review

Hi Guys

Any owners willing to share some feedback , i dont see much in the Fiat section ?? Any issues with aftersales service etc ?

Default Re: Fiat Fullback owner feedback/review

Its a mitsubishi triton out and out
    Fiat seems to also be under the imperial flag so parts,service etc will all depend on your local dealer.Some are pretty good and some are useless.
    I own the new 2.4 triton and its a really good package.
    The fiat came out only in the 2.5 100kw diesel motor but i see they launched it now in the newer 2.4 diesel motor.
    The 2.5 motor is really not bad.Its very reliable,has way more punch than whats stated on paper and if your drive conservatively you will get 11-12km/l quite easily.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

Thanks . Yeah im aware its a Triton with a Fiat badge on basically. Is the 4x4 system the same on both vehicles ?

Hi Trev, I recently bought the Fullback 2.5 (131kW 400Nm) 4x4 LX version from Fiat Montana. So far the service we received was very good. The only thing that I expected from a 4X4 vehicle was to have at least get All-Terrain tires in stead of normal road based tires. I must admit that the Fiat wasn't into our (my wife and myself) consideration even when we started thinking of a bakkie. We were looking for at the Triton, BT50, Hilux, Ranger, or 2nd hand Amarok. And then a strange thing happened. Fiat phoned me a told me about the Fullback and the special they were running on the Fullback. It was only after that phone call that I started to do my homework on the Fiat. I knew that the Fiat and Triton are basically twin brothers, so I wasn't to much concerned about reliability and build quality. It was more of a badge thing. But considering the price of the vehicle and what you get for the money I do believe it was a very good choice. The vehicle is R470k (I got a much better price though as it was on special) and come standard with rubberized bin and tow bar, and I also got sidesteps for free as well(that isn't normally included). We got prices on the other vehicles that compare with basically the same spec.
    The Triton which is the same vehicle but with the 2.4 engine is R100k more expensive(that would be the amount without the amount I saved extra on the special they ran) In reality it would be closer to a R130k difference taking to account the amount I got off the normal price). Interior wise it was only the steering wheel that was different(the Triton's steering wheel give a much more luxurious feel, but does unfortunately not give a R100k feel difference). The performance between the 2.5 and new 2.4 Auto is very close in my opinion, and although the new 2.4 is more refined and a little bit more quiet, it again did not convince me the price difference. The 2.5 though isn't a tractor and I would say the engine is modern and refined enough for the market. And the 2.5 already proved to be a very reliable engine.

The other vehicles:
    The Hilux: We owned and own a few still, but not the newest version however. I didn't test drove it as I know them well. Well to put it short.The Price is ridiculous. Same as for the ranger.The Hilux came in at R540k without extras and with extra to get close to/on the Fiat spec closer to R580k. The Ranger was a bit more expensive than the Hilux, but very close in pricing.

The Amarok: Again the price and to have a closer comparison and to be able to compete on the price it is going to be second hand with not much warranty and service plan left.

Something else I considered was resale value. When asked about the trade in on a Double Cab Raider D4D Hilux. I got a price of only between R80-95k, because it was going out financing period and the bank don't want to finance a vehicle nearing 10years old. If you look at what these Hilux's sell for it means to me that a good resale value is only applicable for the dealerships. I also had a Ranger supercab about a year ago(a vehicle which the Toyota fan will quickly tell you doesn't hold value) , and I sold it for exactly the same money as what I bought it for. So brand value don't bother me to much.

Only time will tell what the Fullbacks value will do in the future, but for now I think it is a great value vehicle for a great price. I do also believe that it will hold even better value the more people get to know them and give them a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chris.Stofpad; 2018/01/01 at 11:06 AM. Reason: I only realised after the post that I made a miscalculation on how much I actually saved on the vehichle.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris.Stofpad For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the kind words on Fiat Montana Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Its a mitsubishi triton out and out
    Fiat seems to also be under the imperial flag so parts,service etc will all depend on your local dealer.Some are pretty good and some are useless.
    I own the new 2.4 triton and its a really good package.
    The fiat came out only in the 2.5 100kw diesel motor but i see they launched it now in the newer 2.4 diesel motor.
    The 2.5 motor is really not bad.Its very reliable,has way more punch than whats stated on paper and if your drive conservatively you will get 11-12km/l quite easily.
    Allow me a single correction on the highlighted part of your statement above. Fiat in South Africa is FCA (https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx) itself, they are not represented by an importation agent. The same company that is responsible for the Jeep brand in Southern Africa.

Apart from that the rest of what you say is true. The Fullback is built on the same production line, and treated by the factory as a variant; therefore all quality controls and supply controls are identical to the Triton.

As a Mitsubishi owner, I'd own a Fullback with a smile.

Assume that you have a one-on-one visit with your Creator quarterly. Now live accordingly.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:

BUMP!!
    So after 8 months + of ownership , all still going strong ??

Bump!

Bump again !!

Hi Trev. I am still very happy with mine. We are currently thinking of getting one for my father as well. I will definitely buy it again if I had a choice. Mine is on 30000km now. The only thing that Fiat and Mitsu is missing is cab sliding window. That is the one thing that would maybe have a look at another alternative on my next vehicle, as it just makes it so much easier to communicate with the children in the canopy on long trips. That is my only frustration with the vehicle

Had mine almost 2 months now , so far very happy. I think its a very good looking Bakkie as well8) Fuel consumption also very good , much better than the GV i had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Stofpad View Post
    Hi Trev. I am still very happy with mine. We are currently thinking of getting one for my father as well. I will definitely buy it again if I had a choice. Mine is on 30000km now. The only thing that Fiat and Mitsu is missing is cab sliding window. That is the one thing that would maybe have a look at another alternative on my next vehicle, as it just makes it so much easier to communicate with the children in the canopy on long trips. That is my only frustration with the vehicle
    Sorry if this offends, but please dont allow your children to travel in the canopy.

In die ou dae, 60s, 70s, 80s, het baie gesinne net een voertuig gehad. En die wat bakkies (Ranchero, El Camino, Ford) gehad het, het maar canopies opgesit. Dit was die enigste manier van vervoer toe. Vandag is dit anders, en die verkeer op die paaie ook aansienlik meer.

Dus is dit vandag gevaarliker om kinders agterin 'n bakkie te laat ry.

WEES VERSIGTIG!!!