Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Tracks4Africa Guide Map app review

Thanks Lizette. So restored my purchase as previous - "South Africa Guide 2020 Q1“ - this looks the same as the demo? What are the difference between them?

That said, you mention that we can purchase the HD version for R199, but in the app I see only a "Africa Map (HD) 2020 Q1" for R229? Will this then be an HD map for the whole African continent?
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Hallo Hendel,

When you download the free app, it is basically a demo that you download, with a few points for illustration how the app works. You then purchase a "guide" per country, that shows you the campsites, lodges, shops, etc. in detail, and it comes with a basemap in order to orientate yourself - it is the data in this guide that has now been updated, as well as the basemap - this is a low detail map, and you cannot zoom in past (I think) 5km.

In the updated app, all the POI's in the guide has been updated, e.g. new accommodation venues added, contact details updated, venues that we are aware that has closed were removed, etc. But we have also added the HD map to the app, that gives you a lot more detail than the basemap, and on the HD map you can zoom in to 1 meter . So the data in the app is new, and the HD map is new, you could not see that in the previous version of the app.

The HD map was R199, it is possible that it has increased to R229 - correct, it is an HD map for the full African continent.

Regards

Lizette
    Last edited by Lizette Swart; 2020/11/09 at 10:30 AM.
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Perfect, thanks for the update. Looking forward to using it in the future. I have used the website HD map and its fantastic. Well done to the whole team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizette Swart View Post
    Hallo Hendel,

When you download the free app, it is basically a demo that you download, with a few points for illustration how the app works. You then purchase a "guide" per country, that shows you the campsites, lodges, shops, etc. in detail, and it comes with a basemap in order to orientate yourself - it is the data in this guide that has now been updated, as well as the basemap - this is a low detail map, and you cannot zoom in past (I think) 5km.

In the updated app, all the POI's in the guide has been updated, e.g. new accommodation venues added, contact details updated, venues that we are aware that has closed were removed, etc. But we have also added the HD map to the app, that gives you a lot more detail than the basemap, and on the HD map you can zoom in to 1 meter . So the data in the app is new, and the HD map is new, you could not see that in the previous version of the app.

The HD map was R199, it is possible that it has increased to R229 - correct, it is an HD map for the full African continent.

Regards

Lizette
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Great, thanks for the positive feedback Hendel, I will pass the message to the team!

Enjoy

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Sorry, small glitch. The purchase has been made, but it still does not allow me to pick it or switch it on? See photo below. Restarted the iPad as well, no difference. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201109_105136.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	595110
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Hi Hendel,

In Android, I have an option to click on "in-app purchases", you should have the same in iOS? Once you click on in-app purchases, you should see a list guides of that you can purchase, with a price next to it, or if you have purchased it before, it should say "already purchased". Click on a guide that you have purchased before, and it should give you an option to install?

Please let me know if that works, I am afraid I don't have an Apple in front of me, I'm an Android baby!

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Ps. the price for purchasing the HD map should be R199, the R229 is incorrect - we have applied the change to the price in the iStore but it may take a while to filter through, so if you plan to purchase the map, please check the pricing and wait for the correct price to show before you purchase it. And remember if you purchase three guides, you get the HD map for free - it is worth it!

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Hendel1986 View Post
    Sorry, small glitch. The purchase has been made, but it still does not allow me to pick it or switch it on? See photo below. Restarted the iPad as well, no difference.
    At the bottom of that screen tap "restore purchases". That should do the trick.
    NJ Vermaak

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D | '85 PUCH Geländewagen | Bush Lapa Miskruier 404

9. The Following User Says Thank You to njvermaak For This Useful Post:

Thank Lizette. I have already purchased it, so no worries. Its not a massive difference.

With regards to accessing the HD map, I have restored purchases multiple times, with no luck. Below you can see the other maps available to purchase and the demo ones and purchased options at the top.

Also not an Apple fundi, but the screen is considerably larger than my S9+ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	595122
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Hi Hendel,

The HD map, once installed, replaces the base map with which the free app came. The first couple of zoom levels looks the same but as you zoom in deeper you will notice the HD content. In a town, for instance, you should see street level detail and eventually all points on the map should also appear.

Then you should also switch on your South Africa Guide, move the slider to the right so it turns green.

The big difference is that the Guides are all POI content which is operated by switching on the content categories. The maps are separate from the Guides. you get the old base map which shipped with Guides for free for the entire Africa and then the HD version simply adds in many more zoom levels and content. (This was the big complaint on the previous version)

The map view can now also rotate and be used in Track Up vs North Up mode. Do this by clicking on the compass which will toggle through the modes.

If you moved around on the map and want to center the map on your current location then click the little crosshair on the bottom right which will center the map on your location and then disappear until you move around again.

Sorry about the R229 - I think our developer simply selected the incorrect pricing option but we fixed this.

Then also note, for those who have three or more of the guides downloaded, you will then be entitled to get the HD map for free. The price will change to Free and this currently happens after you Restored and downloaded your guides. I will have this changed to show up earlier in a future version.

Let us have you questions and suggestions.

Kind regards
    Johann Groenewald
    Tracks4Africa

www.tracks4africa.co.za
    For friendly support staff, call +27 (0)21 880 8660

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Groenie For This Useful Post:

Many roads are missing on the east coast like nothing to Hamburg

Hi Toybota,

The road leading to Hamburg is a gravel road, and only pops up on the screen once you get to the 3km zoom level. So at high zoom levels, preference is given to National Roads and main tarred roads, in order not to clutter the screen. When you zoom in further, the minor roads will start appearing.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Checked this, it works as explained. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizette Swart View Post
    Hi Toybota,

The road leading to Hamburg is a gravel road, and only pops up on the screen once you get to the 3km zoom level. So at high zoom levels, preference is given to National Roads and main tarred roads, in order not to clutter the screen. When you zoom in further, the minor roads will start appearing.

Regards

Lizette
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hendel1986 For This Useful Post:

My I pad won’t zoom more

Thanks Groenie, I feel a little stupid now for not testing it properly, but everything checks out exactly as you explained. Thanks. As said, this is a large improvement on the previous version. Especially for me the small details like cattle rails and gate locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groenie View Post
    Hi Hendel,

The HD map, once installed, replaces the base map with which the free app came. The first couple of zoom levels looks the same but as you zoom in deeper you will notice the HD content. In a town, for instance, you should see street level detail and eventually all points on the map should also appear.

Then you should also switch on your South Africa Guide, move the slider to the right so it turns green.

The big difference is that the Guides are all POI content which is operated by switching on the content categories. The maps are separate from the Guides. you get the old base map which shipped with Guides for free for the entire Africa and then the HD version simply adds in many more zoom levels and content. (This was the big complaint on the previous version)

The map view can now also rotate and be used in Track Up vs North Up mode. Do this by clicking on the compass which will toggle through the modes.

If you moved around on the map and want to center the map on your current location then click the little crosshair on the bottom right which will center the map on your location and then disappear until you move around again.

Sorry about the R229 - I think our developer simply selected the incorrect pricing option but we fixed this.

Then also note, for those who have three or more of the guides downloaded, you will then be entitled to get the HD map for free. The price will change to Free and this currently happens after you Restored and downloaded your guides. I will have this changed to show up earlier in a future version.

Let us have you questions and suggestions.

Kind regards
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Toybota View Post
    My I pad won’t zoom more
    Hi Toybota,

You can only zoom in deeper once you have purchased and installed the HD map, the basemap does not zoom down to that level.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizette Swart For This Useful Post:

Thank you all sorted

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Toybota For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Toybota View Post
    Thank you all sorted
    Hallo Lizette/Johann

Please assist - I have deleted the old app from my iPad and installed the new one from the app store as recommended by Lizette. I then clicked on the restore purchases under my maps and guides and only my Namibia Guide came back. My South Africa and Botswana Guides are now showing demo mode.
    Any idees on how to get the SA and Botswana Guides back?

Regards Neels

Installed the new app version and it is not good. How do I go back to my old app?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AFF5E15-261B-4FBF-ADD1-06A58981CCAD.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	596003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6E438EFA-F358-4632-ACF3-1198E93615F7.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	596004  
    Last edited by Waals; 2020/11/16 at 07:56 PM.

Don't think you can Waals, but Lizette to confirm. Why do you say its not good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waals View Post
    Installed the new app version and it is not good. How do I go back to my old app?
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast