Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure opinions - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure opinions

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    As the new Scorpions are too expensive, I am going to fit these (when my tax money arrives ) any negative comments before I plunge.........price from HiQ is R9200 for four fitted.
    Most feedback I received is favourable.

One customer that is unhappy, but cannot really tell me why he says that.... Mileage wise I haven't heard anything back but sales talk (from the Goodyear rep) is 30% more mileage. I doubt that because that would mean getting 130k km if I used to get 100k km on the old AT/SA's

They were launched in April last year. Does the fact that I heard nothing mean, they are all still running?
    1996 Discovery 1 (SOLD)
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Everyday drive)
    2001 Mercedes C180 (Soon to be my eldest's car)
    2010 Kia Sedona 2.9Crdi (SWAMBO's ride)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitebob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    As the new Scorpions are too expensive, I am going to fit these (when my tax money arrives ) any negative comments before I plunge.........price from HiQ is R9200 for four fitted.
    Mine have done 10000km on the Hilux so far. I like them, reasonable performance on and off road, quiet, no balancing issues. I would buy them again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOY4X4 For This Useful Post:

Have them on the fortuner. Used to have Bridgestone Duelers D694 on my previous vehicles. The grip is much better. On and off-road.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:

Only 8000km now on my set, including recently completed Kaokoland trip with no issues.
    Riaan

2.8 GD6 AT 4x4 DC
    BL 466

8. The Following User Says Thank You to riaande For This Useful Post:

Looking at these in 235/70r16. Any place in JHB that have some good pricing on these tyres? Going rate seems to be about R2100 per tyre. (in this particular size)

So far so good from me as well.

Took them into the dunes a few times now, quite a bit of gravel road, into the river a few times and also a trip through a portion of Damaraland - no issues to report on thus far.
    -

Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto
    (Tough Dog Suspension / Frontrunner Roofrack and some more goodies...)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper For This Useful Post:

I'm putting on a set on the Disco (255/55R19) tomorrow. Once I've put some mileage on them, I'll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    So far so good from me as well.

Took them into the dunes a few times now, quite a bit of gravel road, into the river a few times and also a trip through a portion of Damaraland - no issues to report on thus far.
    How far did you deflate in the dunes ? Will be visiting Namibia towards end of month with some dune driving and just replaced my Prado's tyres with GY adventures.

FJ Cruiser
    Prado 3,4 v6
    Merc C230 Komp. Sport (sold)
    Merc C200 AMG. (sold)

Hi guys i have a 2016 250 dtec that came out with the older at/sa tyres in 245 70 16 i got around 81000km on them, replaced them with the new wranglers with the kevlar in will see what they can do. Must say the ride feels a bit more comfortable than the previous version and i also noticed very uneven tread wear on the older tyres. The sidewalls on the new tyres are definately more rounded at the same pressure when compared to the older ones which had a much 'straighter' sidewall, dont know how good they will hold up offroad compared to the other. I paid R8300 incl balancing and wheel allignment

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jason75 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    I have 2 Wranglers and 2 Continental Crosscontacts - 235/85/16 - all 4 fitted at the same time. 30,000 km so far - 50/50 tar/gravel, rocks and sand - with luck I'll get 40k from the Wranglers. I estimate I'll get a minimum of 80k from the Conti's.
    You mean 40k total from the Wranglers? If so, that's a little outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael9980 View Post
    I am on my second set of Goodyear Wranglers.

First set lasted about 70 000km over +-4 Years, and only puncture I got was from a nail.

I drive about 2km dirt road every day on my way to work, and one weekend in a month I drive +-100km dirt road to a friends farm.

The second set is the wrangler adventure with kevlar, and even more happy with them than the previous set. Currently on 4000km

The road noise is a bit less than the previous set, and I'm not sure if it's just in my head, but on road grip feels better.

Offroad grip there is definitely an improvement.

Only negative I can think of is that they don't do that well in mud, but which all-terrain tyre doesn't.

A while back the Drive Out/Wegry Magazine did a comprehensive shootout on the all-terrain tyres on the market, and the Goodyear Wrangler Adventure came out on top as the overall winner.
    Hi,I am looking at the GY Wrangler Kevlar - currently on the Conti 22/70/16 and therefore looking to stay with the measurements by move to the Goodyear tyres. I use my for urban drving mostly, tey say the tyre is 80/20. Is this an over kill for me?

Just bought a set on 17 rims for my Everest (as I had sidewall damage in one of my 20 rims) and will go and play off-road on Saturday... On road Im happy so far....

Some advice if you don't mind. I have done 60,000 happy kilometers on my Wrangler At/SA's. My father has done about 10,000km on the GY Adventure. Also really happy with them.

After my attempted hijacking ordeal (https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...need-replacing) I replaced my Amarok with another second hand one. Tyre's need replacing. Unfortunately the new Amarok has 18" wheels on, and I am not in the position to replace with 17's at the moment. As mentioned I had the old GY Wrangler AT/SA's on the old Rok. Were very happy with them and intended to fit the new GY Adventure's.

Replacing 255/60R18's with 265/60R18's so I am replacing spare as well. For some reason the GY Adventure's are insanely expensive in this size. Best price I get is R2,600 per tyre. That's R13,000 for the lot. Another concern is availability. Not a lot of stock in this size. One dealer told me they stopped making them in 265/60R18, but that might just be because he was trying to sell me something else as he didn't have stock.

Best price on the General Grabber AT3's: R2,000 per tyre. Actually best price is R1,850, but small new shop so I rather stick with the R2,000 option where I know I will have backup if needed.

Question is: As much as I prefer the GY Adventure's, are they really worth the extra R3,000? I would really appreciate some expert advice.

Driving 70% tar, 25% gravel and sand dunes, 5% rocky terrain. Most of my off-road driving is sand dunes when I visit my parents in in Mossel Bay.

In your case, I would fit Grabbers.

It's a good tyre
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Go for the Grabbers. I am fitting same size to the Egg soon
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

I caved. Went to the fitment center this morning 100% convinced I am buying the General Grabbers. While waiting to be delivered from the other branch, the owner gave another R100 off per tyre on the GoodYears. Said he knows the Adventures are the best and want me to fit them. As far as I know I got the best prices in SA. Size 165/60R18. R12,500 for 5 tyres incl fitment, nitrogen and wheel alignment. Watched as they did the balancing. All 5 tyres were very easy to balance. In fact, two was close to balanced without any weights.

There was a question in a previous post regarding the 18" that doesn't have the Kevlar branding on the side. Saw the same on my tyres so we phoned the GoodYear rep from the shop. For all that's interested. The 18" does have Kevlar. The 18" is not manufactured in SA like the rest. It is imported. The country they are made in doesn't have the same brand Kevlar that is patented with the GoodYear tyre and therefore they cannot brand the tyre. I was however assured the quality and specification of the Kevlar used is exactly the same. That is also the reason why the 18" is so much more expensive than the rest.

Will give feedback on the tyres after I have driven them a while. From the short drive home I can say they are extremely quiet. Thanks again for everyone's advice.
    Last edited by Netler; 2018/09/14 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netler View Post
    I caved. Went to the fitment center this morning 100% convinced I am buying the General Grabbers. While waiting to be delivered from the other branch, the owner gave another R100 off per tyre on the GoodYears. Said he knows the Adventures are the best and want me to fit them. As far as I know I got the best prices in SA. Size 165/60R18. R12,500 for 5 tyres incl fitment, nitrogen and wheel alignment. Watched as they did the balancing. All 5 tyres were very easy to balance. In fact, two was close to balanced without any weights.

There was a question in a previous post regarding the 18" that doesn't have the Kevlar branding on the side. Saw the same on my tyres so we phoned the GoodYear rep from the shop. For all that's interested. The 18" does have Kevlar. The 18" is not manufactured in SA like the rest. It is imported. The country they are made in doesn't have the same brand Kevlar that is patented with the GoodYear tyre and therefore they cannot brand the tyre. I was however assured the quality and specification of the Kevlar used is exactly the same. That is also the reason why the 18" is so much more expensive than the rest.

Will give feedback on the tyres after I have driven them a while. From the short drive home I can say they are extremely quiet. Thanks again for everyone's advice.
    classic salesman tactics

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ocin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Netler View Post

Of course he gave you R100 off per tyre. He screwed you really bad on the size though......

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Vegmot View Post
    Of course he gave you R100 off per tyre. He screwed you really bad on the size though......
    Lol. Sorry that was a typo. 265/60R18

Closest price I could get was R2,975 per tyre.
    Last edited by Netler; 2018/09/14 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocin View Post
    classic salesman tactics
    Not sure that one is fair. I will agree with you if you can find the Adventure in 265/60R18 anywhere else for a better price. For that price I think he had more profit in the General Grabbers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast