Botswana Police Best in Africa

Default Botswana Police Best in Africa

This may upset the naysayers and those who moan about being caught for speeding in 60 zones...

From the Bots Govt FB page

BOTSWANA POLICE EMERGES BEST IN AFRICAN RANKINGS
    FYI – from elsewhere @ http://www.marknehpets.com/police-ranking/
    Africa’s best police service is that of Botswana despite being ranked 47th best in the world.
    This is according to the World Internal Security and Police Index (WISPI) released by two bodies, the International Police Science Association (IPSA) and the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP).
    The index ranked the Rwandan police as Africa’s second best (with global position of 50th) followed by Algeria (58th), Senegal (68th) and Tunisia (72nd) in that order. Completing the top 10 for Africa were, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Ghana, South Africa and Mali respectively.
    “WISPImeasures the ability of the police and other security providers to address internal security issues in 127 countries, across four domains, using sixteen indicators,” authors of the report stated. The four domains are, capacity, process, legitimacy and outcomes.
    Despite the failure of Africa to break into the top forty, the continent was very prominent in the lower rankings.
    Six African countries were in the bottom 10. Cameroon and Mozambique in the 120th and 122nd spots. Uganda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Nigeria made it an African quartet at the bottom – occupying 124th to 127 slots respectively.

Default Re: Botswana Police Best in Africa

And so are the army as well........
    [/COLOR][/B][/U]Website : www[URL="http:
    [B]ORRA Call sign - X203[/B]
    Dis 'n TOYOTA ding - Jy sal nie verstaan nie !!

In my experience I must agree with all the rankings of Southern and East Africa. This includes Botswana as no 1 and Rwanda as no 2, although I always felt that Rwanda's respect for the rule of law was not all that high.

I found the police in Kenya and Uganda quite easy to deal with as they speak English and their system is still based on that inherited from the British so it was easier to work with their bureaucracy.

The police in Tanzania were more difficult to deal with but nothing like that in Mozambique.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Recently they have been cracking down on drugs. I do believe our police are excellent. I guess doing patrols at night with the army is helpful and they are clamping down on criminals.

They should do this army/ police crack down here in Maun .They would get rid off lots of illegals then and with that most of the criminals .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Puma 130 ADJ For This Useful Post: