Masvingo Zimbabwe &Tete Mozambique camping or lodges?

Default Masvingo Zimbabwe &Tete Mozambique camping or lodges?

Hi Can someone advise me on camping sites or affordable lodges near Masvingo as well as Mutare Zimbabwe and Tete ,Mozambique .I need contact details also please.
    What is the situation on fuel presently in Zimbabwe?

Default Re: Masvingo Zimbabwe &Tete Mozambique camping or lodges?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie4x4 View Post
    Hi Can someone advise me on camping sites or affordable lodges near Masvingo as well as Mutare Zimbabwe and Tete ,Mozambique .I need contact details also please.
    What is the situation on fuel presently in Zimbabwe?
    It's a while since I travelled that route.At Mutare I stayed at a self catering motel.Can't recall the name but if you standing at the intersection to turn right to head for the Manica border there is a Shell garage diagonally to your left.Turn left and way down the road is the motel on your left.For Tete a nice place is on your right a short distance before you turn right to go on the bridge over the river.Also forgot the name,it's of motel rooms.A little further up before the bridge and behind the Shell garage there's a lodge via a side lane.Over the bridge and on your left side are little "lodges".My 2cw.I'm sure a forumite will come up with names and contact details.

There is/was a safe Camping site in Masvingo where we camped many years ago. Lately we camped at the Zimbabwe Ruins Campsite which is safe with reasonable ablutions, app. 25km from Masvingo. There is also a Hotel, think the campsite is part of it. No need to book for camping except in peak season.

In Mutare T4A show a Homestead Guesthouse which I don't know. We stayed at Vumba or Bvumba Botanical Gardens, around 27km from town. We camped inside the gardens but outside I see Leopard Rock Hotel, Ndundu Lodge and Camping and Seldomseen Camping & accomodation.

For Tete, I am afraid I can't help. We crossed the Zambesi at 22h00 and slept next to the road in the car on the way south in Moz. The camping T4A show there next to the Zambesi is not an option. Personally I would plan my trip as such and camp or lodge at Ugezi Tiger Lodge at Cahora Bassa which is app 120km away from the main road. Otherwise go into Malawi if going that direction in which case you may have to drive quite a distance to find accomodation, perhaps Blantyre?

Last couple of times fuel was everywhere in Zim. Stick to the speed limits which is a pain as you don't always know where it end. We never had issues with the police or traffic officers. Make sure you have the red and white reflecting tape (SABS approved), reg tape at the rear, full width of vehicle if it is a bakkie, otherwise 50x100mm both white and red. Warning triangles TIP (temporary import permit) and we bought thirdparty insurance from the AA in Menlyn last time which save tima at the border.

Google for contact numbers.
    Last edited by PierredW; 2017/10/10 at 09:01 AM.

Can recommend Norma Jeanís, Lake Kyle (Now Lake Mutirikwi) - near the great Zimbabwe ruins - campsite, rooms, restaurant etc.
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2