Dynapro vs Dueler Vs Geolandar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dynapro vs Dueler Vs Geolandar

Hi All,

So seeing there is no stock of General Grabber AT3 in the country and Conti SA cant say when we will get more stock, I've been forced to look at other brands. Ive narrowed them down to 3 possibilities and would appreciate any feedback/advice/expiriences on the following 3 tyres,

I'm looking to fit one of the 3 on my Pajero SWB with a size of 265/65/R17,

Bridgestone Dueler D694
    Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
    Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT

Right now I'm currently leaning towards either the Hankooks or Yokohama's.

Thanks in advance.
    Chris.
    2007 Pajero 3.2DiD GLS (SWB)

Default Re: Dynapro vs Dueler Vs Geolandar

Dueller D694's were replaced with the D697's a while ago. I went through 2 sets of D694's on my previous Colt - great mileage (100K km), great performance in wet and dry, not a lot of road noise. Only negative is if you do not have it balance frequently, max. every 10K kms, you are bound to pick up heel and toe wear, which then start making more road noise. Also soft sidewalls - I actually lost one due to a sidewall cut.

Hankook Dynapro's - had them on my current Colt before replacing them recently with the GG AT3's. Also got 100K kms, also very good road holding in wet and dry and road noise less than the Duellers and no heel and toe wear noticed. Never got any punctures, although have not done a lot of off-roading with them.

My choice if I had to choose: Defnitely the Hankooks.

Sorry have no experience with the Geolandars.
    2007 Colt Rodeo 3000I V6 D/C 4x4
    Dual battery system
    57 mm freeflow system
    General Grabber AT3's
    Challenger Bundu Basher Off-road trailer aka Bos Parra

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blackie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Dueller D694's were replaced with the D697's a while ago. I went through 2 sets of D694's on my previous Colt - great mileage (100K km), great performance in wet and dry, not a lot of road noise. Only negative is if you do not have it balance frequently, max. every 10K kms, you are bound to pick up heel and toe wear, which then start making more road noise. Also soft sidewalls - I actually lost one due to a sidewall cut.

Hankook Dynapro's - had them on my current Colt before replacing them recently with the GG AT3's. Also got 100K kms, also very good road holding in wet and dry and road noise less than the Duellers and no heel and toe wear noticed. Never got any punctures, although have not done a lot of off-roading with them.

My choice if I had to choose: Defnitely the Hankooks.

Sorry have no experience with the Geolandars.
    I see the D697 do not come in 265/65/R17, only 265/70/R17, well that's what I picked up from Errols website at least. Thanks for the feedback!

Had the Yokohamas on a Prado in the same size or 265 / 70 17 possibly.

They were great for tar / gravel / sand.
    Andrew

2010 Mazda BT-50 3.0 CRDi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew5336 For This Useful Post:

I have had the Hankooks and Yokis on my previous Colt.

I far preferred the Hankooks, they were better in most areas, especially wet weather handling and lack of road noise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

Hankook RF10's are really nice. I'd go with them, they good value for money and all round a good tyre

They rather well priced in your size aswell. Check with tyres and more, they had a special running on them not long ago....
    2010 Toyota Fortuner 2 4x4.
    2001 Isuzu KB320 Frontier 4x4.
    2012 Polo GT White with community sticker.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Garreth G For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all the advice and info, I will be fitting a pair of the Hankook's next week.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_Munnik View Post
    Thanks for all the advice and info, I will be fitting a pair of the Hankook's next week.
    Running a set of Hankooks as well, you will not be disappointed!
    2017 3.2 Ford Ranger Wildtrak D/C
    Old Man Emu lift kit
    Stofpad Box rocksliders
    Aline Dagger
    BFG KO2 285-75-16
    Stanium aluminium canopy with some goodies and stuff inside
    and loads of attitude

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisBlatherwick For This Useful Post:

Had the Geolanders on a Pajero, fantastic tyre good both on and off road, only gripe is very soft sidewalls. Had a few punctures.

Let me know how the Dynapro's handle. Need to replace a set now.
    Last edited by Titanvw; 2017/10/25 at 11:59 AM.

I'm placing the order for Dynapro's with Errols on Monday and hope to have them fitted by next weekend. Will provide updates once I have fitted them.

Fitted the Dynapro's this weekend. Only done highway and town driving, but so far so good, ride comfort is excellent and road noise is more than acceptable and very minimal. I will be doing a 4x4 trail at the end of the month so will share my feedback once I've done some off-roading with them.

But so far so good and very happy with my purchase!

So went a did a 4x4 course at Protea 4x4 this past weekend. Its rained all of Friday night and the whole of Saturday so the ground was soaked and everywhere was extremely muddy and slippery.

The Hankooks ate whatever I threw at them! They performed excellently. We did not air down on the course, yet the grip was perfect and making my Pajero Shorty an absolute beast on the trail. Very happy with the tyres and would definitely recommend them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chris_Munnik For This Useful Post:

So went a did a 4x4 course at Protea 4x4 this past weekend. Its rained all of Friday night and the whole of Saturday so the ground was soaked and everywhere was extremely muddy and slippery.

The Hankooks ate whatever I threw at them! They performed excellently. We did not air down on the course, yet the grip was perfect and making my Pajero Shorty an absolute beast on the trail. Very happy with the tyres and would definitely recommend them.
    Which is why Iím about to fit Ďem!

Hi All,

So seeing there is no stock of General Grabber AT3 in the country and Conti SA cant say when we will get more stock, I've been forced to look at other brands. Ive narrowed them down to 3 possibilities and would appreciate any feedback/advice/expiriences on the following 3 tyres,

I'm looking to fit one of the 3 on my Pajero SWB with a size of 265/65/R17,

Bridgestone Dueler D694
    Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
    Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT

Right now I'm currently leaning towards either the Hankooks or Yokohama's.

Thanks in advance.
    Chris.
    I did an online quote from Tyremart and they sent me the Goodyear and Pirelli in that price range as well. Don't know if you looked at them.

Another quote the gave me was for Cooper at R2350 each... now sure which Cooper that will be though. They only had the description as Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie81 View Post
    I did an online quote from Tyremart and they sent me the Goodyear and Pirelli in that price range as well. Don't know if you looked at them.

Another quote the gave me was for Cooper at R2350 each... now sure which Cooper that will be though. They only had the description as Cooper.
    Did you ever find out which Coopers they were quoting?

Quote Originally Posted by therone View Post
    Did you ever find out which Coopers they were quoting?
    Iím currently in Kimberley and will be back home on Thursday. So Iíll try go past there early next week.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Choppie81 For This Useful Post:

Ek het in Oktober dieselfde probleem gehad. Kon nie die nuwe Grabbers kry toe het ek maar die Hancook roete gegaan. Baie goeie padhouvermoŽ en min padgeraas. Maar n maand en 6000km later verloor ek een op pasgeskraapte pad. Sny op die loopvlak en ek het hom te lank pap gery. Ek is nou so bang vir pap wiele. Klim kort kort uit. Mens verbeel jou mos baie. Ek weet nie of ek dalk net ongelukkig was nie en of die Hancooks maar sagte bande is nie. Die feit dat ek band verloor het is net my eie skuld seker

Quote Originally Posted by CornelisVoigt View Post
    Ek het in Oktober dieselfde probleem gehad. Kon nie die nuwe Grabbers kry toe het ek maar die Hancook roete gegaan. Baie goeie padhouvermoŽ en min padgeraas. Maar n maand en 6000km later verloor ek een op pasgeskraapte pad. Sny op die loopvlak en ek het hom te lank pap gery. Ek is nou so bang vir pap wiele. Klim kort kort uit. Mens verbeel jou mos baie. Ek weet nie of ek dalk net ongelukkig was nie en of die Hancooks maar sagte bande is nie. Die feit dat ek band verloor het is net my eie skuld seker
    Are your tires LT spec? It seems that the less expensive ones are more prone to get cuts and punctures, while the LT spec Dynapro is much better.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by CornelisVoigt View Post
    Eh het in Januarie 4 bande in Namibie op my Patrol verloor (in 2 dae!!) op grond paaie. Die eerste keer ooit, ek ry eintlik versigtig op grond en draai uit of ry stadiger oor klipperige paaie.

By die huis gekom toe bestel ek maar vir my 2 stelle tyre monitors, een vir die Patrol en een vir die Pathfinder. Die prys van twee stelle was die selfde as vir twee bande. Hopelik sal die monitors my betyds laat stop, voor ek die band volgende keer voos ry....
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2017/12/09 at 08:56 AM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired 2013 but remained in Johannesburg (maybe will look at moving south, Robertson or Wellington type of town, once the wife retires)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (with front Lokka) - My Platkar...
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL with front Lokka (Use it mainly for Safari business)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (with 160 H/Moon Stargazer RTT and 100 lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari 2.8 Station wagon with 5 speed conversion,
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle).
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Quote Originally Posted by HugoNotte View Post
    Are your tires LT spec? It seems that the less expensive ones are more prone to get cuts and punctures, while the LT spec Dynapro is much better.
    Where do you check if its LT or not

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CornelisVoigt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast