Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

Thats what I hope to achieve on my Hardbody now. 4,2 TC gearing should have me at 26 meters per minute at idle on 35" tyres. Dunno if I will have enough power to keep it going at idle on a hill like that though.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    That's it!! That the Klipdrift I know. VERY well driven. Obviously auto, with good left foot braking technique. VERY WELL DONE!!
    Its a manual.
    I called it Surprise because of the tendancy to jump sideways with its nose. I sold Surprise in July to build a JKU. We started doing more scrary stuff and my nerves could not keep up.
    Here is a video where I stalled it up God se pad. Had to start and pull away again. (At about 3 minutes in the video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJIEL1wvyY&t=19s

Now that I have an auto it feels like cheating. Will miss Surprise even though it tried to kill me.

All the SWB Rubicons are manual. Theres been a few (50) special editions with autos but very rare.

What makes it doable is the anti stall of the Rubicon. You can put it in first and drive up Koos se klim without touching the petrol. Here I kept my feet on the breaks and clutch. Release the clutch slowly, so the anti stall prevents stalling. It will stall if you release to fast.

I tried to crawl it again a month after that but couldn't. I gave up after 10 tries. In this video it was my 5th try. Its right at the limits of what the car can do. The other guys with the JKU also struggled more on the second day. Next time I will take a broom to clean off the sand from the rock.

O, I don't mind the the video in the OP.

Clutch and brakes simultaneously on Klipdrift....that takes balls, big ones. Well Done!!
    Sakkie Coetzee

Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4