Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle - Page 3





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midrand Estates
    Age
    51
    Posts
    231
    Thanked: 50

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    For me the toughest obstacle at Moegatle . Got up in my 4.2 diesel patrol, (no diff locks) but did not try it again. Not sure why they thought they would get up there. Lots of momentum needed, so you get to the bottom, and then plant your foot and keep it there. Patrol is heavy so there was no wheel spin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Grant1; 2017/10/03 at 04:51 PM. Reason: adding
    How can you be old and wise
    if you were never young and wild

    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4X4 Auto
    2015 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT Auto
    2015 Mini Countryman
    2016 Conqueror Companion 2B

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden, Johannesburg
    Age
    48
    Posts
    240
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Grant

    I will not forget. I was up there too remember. But that was in 2012. (In my case fools dared where angles feared to tread)
    Since then (in 2016) I failed dismally on the same obstacle. Got pinned on my tow-bar and winched out from the front.
    It is not the same obstacle anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patroller; 2017/10/03 at 05:20 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Patroller For This Useful Post:


  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Harties Boet
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanked: 591

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by biltong View Post
    This is why I don't attend this kinds of gatherings. Onlooker, driver whatever. Sooner or later there are boozed drivers behind the wheel.
    Ag jis. Ok then
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:


  6. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,423
    Thanked: 718

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    I tog somebody is doing some 4x4 that is what this site is about.

    I believe all the clubs on here is crazy strict on driving and drinking.

    Is there any chance of us still watching 4x4 on this forum without looking for ways to demean the participants.

    I look at this with real interest and just enjoy the panic of the driver because I would be deep in the brown stuff.

    Can we lighten up please.

  7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  8. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Wapenskloof
    Age
    54
    Posts
    292
    Thanked: 199

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    I've just been doing some reading on the Great Trek, some amazing stories about how the ox wagons crossed impossible mountains.

    Looking at the OP's video, I couldn't help but see a group of hardeget Trekkers struggling over an impossible pass with an almost capsizing wagon. All that's missing is 12 oxen and few whips, and the scene would be identical.

    Or maybe I've had too much polisiekoffie tonight.

  9. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanked: 513

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Suikersteen View Post
    I've just been doing some reading on the Great Trek, some amazing stories about how the ox wagons crossed impossible mountains.
    My granddad told me that is why the ox wagons had small wheels in front and large wheels at the back. When it comes to mountains they put the two small wheels on the incline part and the large wheels on the decline part to level the ox wagon. Quite clever oaks in those days.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JCMostert For This Useful Post:


  11. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden, Johannesburg
    Age
    48
    Posts
    240
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by JCMostert View Post
    My granddad told me that is why the ox wagons had small wheels in front and large wheels at the back. When it comes to mountains they put the two small wheels on the incline part and the large wheels on the decline part to level the ox wagon. Quite clever oaks in those days.
    Yes, like riding a Penny-farthing on a down-hill!


  12. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanked: 1790

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    almost except its seat would need to be moved closer to the back
    And that would not help it's cornering ability
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2017/10/04 at 08:49 AM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  13. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    43
    Posts
    284
    Thanked: 55

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Sorry deleted (All ready posted link).
    Last edited by Tool_Fan; 2017/10/04 at 09:18 AM. Reason: All ready posted link
    Pajero 2007 3.2 GLX (GEN4)

  14. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,445
    Thanked: 862

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    I need to get back to Moegatle. Haven't been there in about a year, which is a bloody disgrace.

    One of the reasons to go back is to go have a look at Klipdrift. I can't imagine how it can get worse, as it is solid rock with steps in awkward places. The only gravel is at the bottom, as you exit the ditch, and then right on top when you're over the ledge already. That's how my memory plays it. Need to go back and have a refresher
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakkie For This Useful Post:


  16. #51
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden, Johannesburg
    Age
    48
    Posts
    240
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    I need to get back to Moegatle. Haven't been there in about a year, which is a bloody disgrace.

    One of the reasons to go back is to go have a look at Klipdrift. I can't imagine how it can get worse, as it is solid rock with steps in awkward places. The only gravel is at the bottom, as you exit the ditch, and then right on top when you're over the ledge already. That's how my memory plays it. Need to go back and have a refresher
    I would like to come along with a permanent marker. So I can see how it is done, and get my line of approach right!

  17. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fourways
    Posts
    295
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller View Post
    Grant

    I will not forget. I was up there too remember. But that was in 2012. (In my case fools dared where angles feared to tread)
    Since then (in 2016) I failed dismally on the same obstacle. Got pinned on my tow-bar and winched out from the front.
    It is not the same obstacle anymore.
    its not the same probably because hundreds of tyres have been scrabbling for grip and worn it down in parts and the shape is now changed, because even a mitsu can't get up.

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    57
    Posts
    62
    Thanked: 4

    Thumbs up Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    I tog somebody is doing some 4x4 that is what this site is about.

    I believe all the clubs on here is crazy strict on driving and drinking.

    Is there any chance of us still watching 4x4 on this forum without looking for ways to demean the participants.

    I look at this with real interest and just enjoy the panic of the driver because I would be deep in the brown stuff.

    Can we lighten up please.
    Very well said...!

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lowveld/Panorama Route
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,743
    Thanked: 136

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Rnel3 View Post
    Pm my jou email en ek sal Dropbox link stuur 4k vids van hele dag geneem
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnel3 View Post
    Het 'n edited video sal op YouTube sit en link post

    Hoe vorder hierdie?



    P.S. Mods, kan hierdie nie eerder na 4x4 trails afdeling geskuif word nie?

  20. #55
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden, Johannesburg
    Age
    48
    Posts
    240
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost toples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by PATROLLICA View Post
    Hoe vorder hierdie?
    ...nie baie goed nie, lyk dit my...

  21. #56
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Linden, Johannesburg
    Age
    48
    Posts
    240
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Well, I just found someone who did recently manage to crawl out of Klipdrift:
    This is a good lesson in patient crawling. No aggression, no hopping. But I suspect the crawler gear was essential, to be able to go slow enough.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovUfYcJdMM8
    Last edited by Patroller; 2017/10/19 at 08:32 AM.

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    15,498
    Thanked: 2851

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller View Post
    Well, I just found someone who did recently manage to crawl out of Klipdrift:
    This is a good lesson in patient crawling. No aggression, no hopping. But I suspect the crawler gear was essential, to be able to go slow enough.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovUfYcJdMM8
    That was really well done, you can see it is not the drivers' first time behind the wheel.

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,445
    Thanked: 862

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    That's it!! That the Klipdrift I know. VERY well driven. Obviously auto, with good left foot braking technique. VERY WELL DONE!!
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,982
    Thanked: 1178

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller View Post
    Well, I just found someone who did recently manage to crawl out of Klipdrift:
    This is a good lesson in patient crawling. No aggression, no hopping. But I suspect the crawler gear was essential, to be able to go slow enough.
    Jip. This is the kind of style I like.
    1999 Discovery 1, 300 Tdi - "Tink Tanky"
    2004 Discovery 2 Td5 - "Blink Tanky"

    "Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence."

    "A technician will let a system degenerate to the level of his understanding and maintain it there."

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,445
    Thanked: 862

    Default Re: Video : Mitsu almost topples over on Klipdrift @ Moegatle

    I don't think that's got a crawler, unless it's a Rubi. Well controlled auto don't need crawlers.
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •