Jimny Exhaust

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jimny Exhaust

Default Jimny Exhaust

I know there's many posts around this topic. While fiddling with my starter I noticed I have a leak on my OEM branch. So it's getting time for a new one

So some advise please.

Who has who's branch and freeflow?
    How does it sound, want a nice deep sound not a crackling sound?
    Does your ECU light come on or stays off?
    Any issues?
    Creeper

Jimny 1.3 - Radial cup Protectors, Front & Center Bash Plates, 50mm EFS's, Rock Sliders, Front Recovery Points, Snorkel.

Default Re: Jimny Exhaust

Would love to know about the ECU light as well....
    Never do anything you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!!

2013 Suzuki Jimny - SWAMBO's terror
    2010 Toyota D4-D DC 4x4
    2001 Nissan DC 3.0 4x4 - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Umpalumpa View Post
    Would love to know about the ECU light as well....
    I heard people re-install the sensor.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinCreeper View Post
    I know there's many posts around this topic. While fiddling with my starter I noticed I have a leak on my OEM branch. So it's getting time for a new one

So some advise please.

Who has who's branch and freeflow?
    How does it sound, want a nice deep sound not a crackling sound?
    Does your ECU light come on or stays off?
    Any issues?
    Hi there

I recently did the SAC Stage 1 kit. De-cat, chip, 4-2-1 manifold and free flow front to end.

I like the sound, reminds me of my friend's Golf II GTI 16v from high school.
    ECU light stays off.
    No issues so far, have only done 3 full tanks worth of driving since the upgrade. Torque and acceleration feels much better, 5th gear actually does something now. I have been driving much harder as a result of enjoying the extra power and noise, and the fuel consumption is still better than before. Have been trying to calm down with the right foot to see what it can do. You can PM me if you want to come check it out. I stay in Pta East and work in Jhb CBD.

The change in the exhaust system already make I big difference in power on the jimny. I still want to do a chip. But I can easily go up sir lowry's pass now in 4th cruising...

I have the de Graaf (I think) system that Wizerd fits.

2 issues...
    1. It's a lot louder than I would like.
    2. The under bonnet temperatures are now excessive.

Wizerd has a little trick to fool the ECU. I didn't notice a lot of performance difference between the full freeflow and the decat.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

If you going to chip it, the unichip will take care of the lack of cats. If not, just put a cat fooler in with the second sensor and you will not have any issues with the ecu and CEL.

As for performance, itís much better.
    2009 Zook Jimny Sport / 2inch Jimnybits lift kit - AVO adjustable shocks / Adjustable panhard rods / 235/75r15 Kumho KL51

True fuel consumption is shown as FuellyData+7.4%
    Ex: 2010 Suk Grand Vitara
    Ex: Toyota Yaris TS

Build Thread: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ead?highlight=

Any dyno results available to confirm the performance improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by saxj View Post

2 issues...

Wizerd has a little trick to fool the ECU. I didn't notice a lot of performance difference between the full freeflow and the decat.
    Point 2 is interesting - Any plastics suffering as a result of the higher temperatures

Quote Originally Posted by Grondpad Brigade View Post
    Hi there

I recently did the SAC Stage 1 kit. De-cat, chip, 4-2-1 manifold and free flow front to end.

I like the sound, reminds me of my friend's Golf II GTI 16v from high school.
    ECU light stays off.
    No issues so far, have only done 3 full tanks worth of driving since the upgrade. Torque and acceleration feels much better, 5th gear actually does something now. I have been driving much harder as a result of enjoying the extra power and noise, and the fuel consumption is still better than before. Have been trying to calm down with the right foot to see what it can do. You can PM me if you want to come check it out. I stay in Pta East and work in Jhb CBD.
    That would be awesome, I'm also in pta east. If it's SAC it would be a unichip...

I also had a modded MKii golf gtx. What a fun car, I should have never sold it. It's the car I miss the most.

Will be in contact. Sound are important for me. I don't want to drive a popcorn machine.
    Creeper

Jimny 1.3 - Radial cup Protectors, Front & Center Bash Plates, 50mm EFS's, Rock Sliders, Front Recovery Points, Snorkel.

Quote Originally Posted by saxj View Post

2 issues...

I didn't know Wizerd's were de graaf, thought it were a own built.

1. Can't you add a silencer.? Replace with a bigger one? Should sort the loudness.

2. How much higher? Tried heatwrap? Ceramic paint? Should help...
    Creeper

I didn't know Wizerd's were de graaf, thought it were a own built.

1. Can't you add a silencer.? Replace with a bigger one? Should sort the loudness.

2. How much higher? Tried heatwrap? Ceramic paint? Should help...
    Definitely de Graaf.

1. I might consider doing that
    2. Too hot to handle the bonnet stay. I have read some really bad things about wrapping exhaust headers. Ceramic coating is quite pricey, I'll start saving my pennys.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    Any dyno results available to confirm the performance improvement?
    Yes I do, see attached of Kw and Torque graphs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kw.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	462552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torque.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	462553  

That looks good.

Just so funny looking at those low low numbers. Lol

39kw as standard... Oh my no wonder were not going anywhere
    Creeper

And that is only exhaust or exhaust plus chip

That looks good.

Just so funny looking at those low low numbers. Lol

39kw as standard... Oh my no wonder were not going anywhere
    Lol I know. Curios to know what it would be on the flywheel.

I commute +- 150km per day on tar, and only need the 4WD button when going on holidays. Therefore the engine upgrade before 4x4 upgrades. Those are next on the list.

I have done a few "hand on bonnet tests" since Saxj mentioned the excessive heat but feels ok to me?

I filled up again this morning after driving a bit more civil and only taking one person for a +- 5Km joyride of high revving and I got 13.3Km/L. This is with 205/75R15 AT's, 105km/h in the mornings, aircon off. 120+Km/h in the afternoons, Aircon on. Driving daily in the same manner before the upgrade and without the joyride, I averaged at 12.2Km/L. I don't use Fuelly but I do keep record of my consumption in Excel for every fill-up, so can compare thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by johan65 View Post
    And that is only exhaust or exhaust plus chip
    SAC Stage 1 kit. De-cat, chip, 4-2-1 manifold and free flow front to end.

Yes I do, see attached of Kw and Torque graphs.
    Interesting how your torque curve differ from mine.

Run 1 is stock M13A.
    Run 2 is M18A with stock exhaust, including cat but with Dastek chip. The chip was pre-mapped with guested settings to compensate for expected extra cylinder swept volume and the larger injectors of the M18A, but not tuned to get the best settings.
    Run 3 is M18A with De Graaf 4-2-1 freeflow and no cats. Chip setting readjusted to compensate for freeflow expectations with guested settings.
    Run 4 is same as 3 but tuned for best torque.

The De Graaf followed the two humps of the stock 1800 but lifted the peaks much more than the valley. The low rpm peak is also now slightly more powerful than the second one when the cam timing changes.

What is intriguing is that you get 24% more torque in the 1300 whereas I only achieve 15% on the 1800 which has 28% more gasses to evacuate. I wonder if this mean the M18A will do better with a larger diameter pipe? But then I rather like my curve with the strong pulse at low rpms. The curve also show why I prefer the M18A over the M16A for 4x4 even though both make the same power at the top end.

(This was a combined project with the dyno owner to see what we realistically could achieve, so no fiddling with tyre pressures, temperature etc to make numbers look good was done.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

Quote Originally Posted by jab2 View Post
    Very interesting. But why would our M13A curves and Nm differ by so much? You are on 113Nm @ 1500 RPM and I don't achieve near that even on my second run?

What is intriguing is that you get 24% more torque in the 1300 whereas I only achieve 15% on the 1800 which has 28% more gasses to evacuate. I wonder if this mean the M18A will do better with a larger diameter pipe?
    I am no engineer but your reasoning seems sound.

Very interesting. But why would our M13A curves and Nm differ by so much? You are on 113Nm @ 1500 RPM and I don't achieve near that even on my second run?

I am no engineer but your reasoning seems sound.
    Your dyno run are on the wheels, his dyno run are on the flywheel.

Unfortunately the problem of using different dyno machines. I do prefer the ones measuring on the wheels as they are more accurate of what you realistically get.
    Creeper

Run 1 is stock M13A.
    Run 2 is M18A with stock exhaust, including cat but with Dastek chip. The chip was pre-mapped with guested settings to compensate for expected extra cylinder swept volume and the larger injectors of the M18A, but not tuned to get the best settings.
    Run 3 is M18A with De Graaf 4-2-1 freeflow and no cats. Chip setting readjusted to compensate for freeflow expectations with guested settings.
    Run 4 is same as 3 but tuned for best torque.

The De Graaf followed the two humps of the stock 1800 but lifted the peaks much more than the valley. The low rpm peak is also now slightly more powerful than the second one when the cam timing changes.

What is intriguing is that you get 24% more torque in the 1300 whereas I only achieve 15% on the 1800 which has 28% more gasses to evacuate. I wonder if this mean the M18A will do better with a larger diameter pipe? But then I rather like my curve with the strong pulse at low rpms. The curve also show why I prefer the M18A over the M16A for 4x4 even though both make the same power at the top end.

(This was a combined project with the dyno owner to see what we realistically could achieve, so no fiddling with tyre pressures, temperature etc to make numbers look good was done.)
    I understand why you went for the M18 but even with those curves against the M16 curves I'll still go for the M16 due to the ease of getting spares etc.

The M18 might have a better torque curve in low rpms but the M16 are still a big upgrade from the M13. Just my opinion.

That said it's very interesting to see the changes on paper instead of hear say...

Like that you did it in stages.

Not to sure that a bigger pipe will make much of a difference, well depending how big you are now. Don't believe that anything from 60mm up will give you a change. If small than 60mm maybe.

I know on the M16 you can change over to the M13 cams to get your torque curve back to lower rpms. You do loose a few kw but you gain again in low rpm torque. Might work on the M18 aswell. Not sure how much difference on the M18 to the M13. Haven't done much research on the M18
    Creeper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast