Ford & Mazda RTFMd but cant find answers!

Default RTFMd but cant find answers!

Few questions on my 2016 3.2 Ranger. Cant seem to find the answers in the manual.

- When double locking car on keyfob Car emits beep. What is different to single locking no beep?
    - Park (P) and front locks glow orange when Car locked. Normal?
    - On dash near windscreen is small round plastic protrusion. Thought it was alarm armed LED but it does not seem to do anything.
    - Traction control light. Coming off old XC 90 V8 this light would flicker on the dash should wheels break traction (common on 4.4L V8 ) and traction control kicks in. Doesnt seem to do this on Ranger when rear breaks loose?

Default Re: RTFMd but cant find answers!

Maybe move this to the Ford section. Pushing the remote once locks the vehicle the second push is a security feature to give you an audible result of locked or not. The dash bump is linked to the climate control as far as I am aware. On my XL the light flashes when stability or traction control kick in, 2016 model.

Default Re: RTFMd but cant find answers!

Quote Originally Posted by PAYBACK View Post
    Few questions on my 2016 3.2 Ranger. Cant seem to find the answers in the manual.

- When double locking car on keyfob Car emits beep. What is different to single locking no beep?
    Some vehicles have the option of "hard locking" the vehicle... Then you can actually lock somebody inside the vehicle and they can't unlock from the inside...

Sit in the vehicle, lock it once and see if you can unlock from the inside... Do it again with the double lock and see if you can unlock from inside
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 Auto Diesel

Lynx Bashplate
    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box