Botswana CKGR trip in Oktober

Default Botswana CKGR trip in Oktober

Hi all,

we are planning a trip towards the CKGR is Oktober. We are traveling with a rental 4x4 Toyota Hillux. Route from Ghanzi can be via the Tsau gate or via Xade. Our original route was planned via Xade to stop there for one night and the next day towards Motopi Campsite.

My biggest concern is the fuel. We plan to fill up in Ghanzi, drive to Xade. Next day to Motopi campsite for 2 nights, then to Lekhubu for one night and from there on towards Rakops to refuel and continue towards Nxai pans.

The routing via Tsau gate will probably save quite some fuel, on the other hand the route via Xade via the entire park will be quite nice I guess.

Our 4x4 has a 140 L tank. What are your thoughts about this? will we make it fuel wise if we also want to do some game drives?

help much appreciated.
    regards,
    ArieRibbens

Default Re: Botswana CKGR trip in Oktober

I would not recommend entering via Xade to drive all the way to Motopi. It's an extremely long drive. Rather enter via Rsau.

Your 140l will be sufficient.

Keep in mind that october will be very, very hot! Pack enough water and ensure you have shade.

Default Re: Botswana CKGR trip in Oktober

Consider posting in the Botswana section for greater input.