Spongebob The SJ410 - Page 6

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Spongebob The SJ410

I fitted a Nissan 1400 radiator and an electric fan (generic off the shelf).

It ended up at least half that thickness.

We made up special brackets for the radiator.

Can't take pics, sold it some time ago

Build update :
    1. The other Intake was fitted that I got. .
    The Throttle body was a bit diffrent for the engine wiring. So fitted the chana one back. But it needed to lift about 30mm.
    Thus a small modification was done with a 30mm spacer on the intake.

2. Adjusted the gearbox and motor again to have the motor sit up completely straight now like it would in the vitara or sj413.

3. Redid the flywheelspacer.

4. Fitted the dipstick in the same position as it would fit in the sj413 in thr front of the motor as well, and not on the side like it was situated with the chana original sump and intake.

5. Started to work on the engine mounts

6. Also added some colour to some bits and pieces that is complete on the engine.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fearl3SS For This Useful Post:

Looking good. See you a trail before new year
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Quote Originally Posted by saxj View Post
    Looking good. See you a trail before new year
    I wish Mr..
    I am waiting for some more parts to arrive.. And a view more custom things we need to build before it is done..

But, I got the paint atleast as well..

Looking good so far.
    Have you figured out how you are going to do the gear linkage yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooky View Post
    Looking good so far.
    Have you figured out how you are going to do the gear linkage yet?
    Yes I have.
    Bit difficult to explain at the moment as I have not built the new links yet. (pics will follow once they are built.)

But basically it comes down to not using cables but a shaft system that will move the linkages on the gearbox up and down, forward and back..

Using cables is not really feasible as it will be like 50mm to 100mm long cables.

I cannot start with it yet, as the gearbox needs to be in it's exact position before I can start with it..

Also waiting for another yoke as the one that I recieved was for the 1000cc and not the 1300cc.

I had a look at the chana 1000cc gearbox when I went to the place that supplied me with the yoke. .. And interesting enough, the belhousings looks almost Identical to the suzuki 1000cc box. But also uses a linkshift, and the holes is just a little bit diffrent. Thus with a adapter plate it could be a feasable replacement box to the 4speed that the 410 has. But it is NOT a straight fit..

I have learned allot out of this motor swop. And machining of our own parts makes it interesting..

The intake on the pics is not completely finished. Need to finish off some of it. But we will be polishing the intake aswell, for some nice airflow..

These types of projects really get the brains working to solve all the issues, large and small, that pop up.
    Think it is a very rewarding way to get where you want with it.

Cool... sounds like you have it figured. Will wait and see how you get it all working.

Happy 2018 everyone.

Last week got some more work done on my SJ.

But found something interesting..
    The driver side floor is fibreglass (littlebit sad about that)..

So will check, and mebe replace it as I need to do some mig welds.

I have cut open the gearbox tunnel to fit the gearbox properly.
    Both sides has been opened as we need to install the starter and build the gear linkages.

Engine and gearbox fits perfectly now. And from what I can see is that the propshaft between the gearbox and tc will not be shortened by much.

For the wiring harness, I need to find the chana star wiring diagram, wich seems to be a bit more difficult that what I thought it would be.. If anyone know where I can get it it would be great.

Will be working on finishing off and cleaning +polishing the intake this week if possible

Here is some pics of the cut tunnel and motor / gearbox fitment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearl3SS For This Useful Post:

Nice update!
    Sent from my iPhone

Making progress there.
    Looking good.

Little update: NO pics.

Right hand side Engine mount was broken so got a new one from Chris at PtA cote.

Right hand side engine mount bracket was also built (it will never ever break or rust through..)..

Recieved the correct size yoke for the gearbox as the one i initially purchased was the wrong size(found one by luck without having to buy a whole propshaft).
    Propshaft needs to be shortened and balanced.. Still to be completed

Another modification will be done just to strengthen the gearbox fitment as it use to hang from the chassis/body on the chana.

Will be doing a 30mm lift aswell. To give more clearance between the motor and the front axle. Will be manufacturing my own shacles..

Purchased a new steering stablizer shock and will be fitted at some point in the build..

For now everything will be standing still for the next 3 weeks until my father is back from leave.. Hehe..

But the search does continue for the chana star 1.3 wiring diagram and or just it's owners manual..

Hi, just joined. Very impressed with the vision. Not sure that I gave the guts to undertake such a huge conversion.

Still looking for a 413 engine and gearbox. Did not realize that it would be that difficult. I have seen some units in London. Has anyone ever looked at importing from there?

So after a months of waiting for the ecu and harness I finnally have it. After having to "encourage" the place where I bought the full kit..

So now the planning on fitment for that can start as well..

Here is some pics of the Chana Ecu and the full harness spread out on the ground.

Parts update :
    Purchased and collected :
    1. Rollbar with a small drawer system. Needs some attention
    2. 80% complete exo cage - needs to be completed. There is a bit of work to be done to it still. Bought it off someone that started with it, but went another route with his SJ, and is busy converting it to a LwB sj (like the gypsy).

No pics taken will take pics when I start work on it.

Build update.
    Engine and gearbox is now in position.

1. Engine and gearbox mount brackets has been built (needs some finishing touches like spray paint.)
    2. Gear leaver linkages has been built and is functional. Needs some finishing touches as well. Did our own custom linkage as the cables would have been 5cm long..
    3. Started sorting out the cooling on the motor. I will be using the SJ410's radiator as the one that is in there will be sufficient.
    Radiator in and outleds will be moved by silverton radiators and radiator will be cleaned at the same time.
    The fan and pully it resides on will be the same as the Suzuki Gypsy. (no pics of all of this yet.

Here is some pics of the gearbox linkage system aswell as the engine mount brackets that we manufactured ourselves. (still in it's rough state)

This is a very nice thread. I like it. You must post more!

I love the dedication and attention to detail, your dad must also be loving the opportunity to spend time together.

Keep it up and keep us updated. An awesome thread.
    Flip

Member: 4x4 Action Group - GP0026 & Suzuki4x4GP
    Awesome: Suzuki Jimny;

Those linkages are quite an interesting setup.
    Glad you got them working.

Build update :
    Radiator :
    Got the radiator back. Ended up not using the Sj410 radiator as the size of the radiator according to them is not big enough for the motor... I took both Radiators to Silverton radiators I have. And the guy there made the chana radiator a few cm smaller on the one side so that it fits past the steering box. It is still big enough to cool the motor sufficiently. Pics will be added to this post at a later stage.

Parts update :
    Got some landi shackles that fits the SJ410, to give it a littlebit of a lift, as the front axle is to close for comfort to the sump..
    But we have decided that we will be going full lift by 50mm on the Sj thus be extending the shackles by 30mm, as I will be installing Gabriel HDP 2 gas shocks, and they are good for a 50mm lift. (shocks to be acquired still - waiting for price as we can buy directly from importers of gabriel shock absorbers)

Here is some pictures of the halfbuilt exo cage that I have acquired from a friend that will be doing a lwb build on his sj. And another zook that was added to the family over the weekend.. Hehe..

Pic of the radiator that was adjusted
    Last edited by Fearl3SS; 2018/04/17 at 08:56 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearl3SS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fearl3SS View Post
    Parts update :
    Got some landi shackles that fits the SJ410, to give it a littlebit of a lift, as the front axle is to close for comfort to the sump..
    Make sure to extend your bump stops, so that you are guaranteed not to bash the sump.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

24. The Following User Says Thank You to saxj For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast