Cadac Safari Chef

Default Cadac Safari Chef

Anyone got a Cadac Safari Chef? Thoughts?
    FJC - Just Cruising

Default Re: Cadac Safari Chef

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Anyone got a Cadac Safari Chef? Thoughts?
    I recently purchased this as a stand in for travelling or just stopping over. What is not stated is, if you have attached the 1kg disposable cylinder, the foldable legs cant be closed. I opted for the adapter and a 3kg cadac bottle. It's more cost effective gas wise. Tried it out with a small steak and also to have some fat on the metal. Nothing to write home about, maybe a bit more use and trying the other cooking tops will change my mind about versatility. I found the cleaning of the grid easy. The flame deflector plate needed a lot more soaking time before I could remove the charred juices.
    Maybe there is somebody who can elaborate on their experience.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard Mc Bride For This Useful Post:

We have one and quite a nifty all-in-one when travelling with just a vehicle - remember using it for breakfasts, pastas, "potjies" and grilling meat quickly and conveniently. Haven't used it for years however with the caravan.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

I got one, very happy with it, makes great Eggs & bacon, wors, steak, pancakes. Great for camping and doing a mini me braai when it's raining. Packs away into a small neat bag. Remember to buy plastic non scratch utensils as the grill/pan/pot are all non stick Teflon coated.

2002 Prado 3.4L V6
    Toyota MR2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-V For This Useful Post:

Have had one for about 2 years. Works very well as an all in one appliance, but reality is 90% of the time my normal 2 plate burner works just as well at a fraction of the cost.
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Mc Bride View Post
    I recently purchased this as a stand in for travelling or just stopping over. What is not stated is, if you have attached the 1kg disposable cylinder, the foldable legs cant be closed. I opted for the adapter and a 3kg cadac bottle. It's more cost effective gas wise. Tried it out with a small steak and also to have some fat on the metal. Nothing to write home about, maybe a bit more use and trying the other cooking tops will change my mind about versatility. I found the cleaning of the grid easy. The flame deflector plate needed a lot more soaking time before I could remove the charred juices.
    Maybe there is somebody who can elaborate on their experience.
    Can you post a pic of the gas attachment gadgets asb? My rather antique Safari Chef only has an attachment for a standard (Cadac) gas cylinder.

I would actually quite like being able to use it with a disposable cylinder.

To the OP, the gadgets coated with teflon are pretty useless as the teflon doesn't last too long (if there still are gadgets coated with teflon). It is very useful on a quick stop if you have facilities to wash whatever you use.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigal-SA For This Useful Post: