Isuzu MU-X - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isuzu MU-X

Default Re: Isuzu MU-X

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    Nope. Many of us stand together on this one. Even the guys at delta dont know whats going to happen. I ve made up my mind and so has many of my friens going over.
    The guys at Delta don't know what's going on because Delta closed down 14 years ago...

goodspeed - you really need to fact check your beliefs... or read something written in the last decade!

Delta Motor Corporation was a South African car manufacturer, which was created through a management buy-out after General Motors (GM) divested from South Africa in 1986.[1] It was headed by former GM executive, Bob Price, who had returned to South Africa from Detroit.[2] He had previously served as General Motors South Africa's managing director between 1971 and 1974, and later became president of Motors Trading Corp., a subsidiary that engages in international trade on behalf of GM.[3]

Delta continued to use the Opel, Isuzu and Suzuki brands under licence from GM as well as pay for the supply of assembly kits.[4] It also assembled vehicles for export to other right hand drive markets in the region, such as Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Kenya and Mauritius.[5]

Following the transition to democracy in the 1990s, GM acquired a 49 percent stake in the company in 1997, and in 2004 the company once again became a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors, reverting to its original name, General Motors South Africa.[6]

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    I think you are confused & are making decisions on faulty data.

Yes, GM left SA in the 'dark days' & is leaving again.

But Isuzui never left.

Also you are changing to Ford - they also left (remember MMI)...

So changing FROM Isuzu to FORD because of 'pull outs' is what the Afrikaners refer to as 'Jy het die hnd by die stert beurt' or something like that...

Isuzu is the only brand in your post who has never left SA...
    Dis die kat by die stert beet Manny....
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

Al het mens die kat by die stert beet. Ondersteun ek nie hoegenaamd iets wat tedoen gehad het met G M nie kyn net die implikasies
    Die HERE sal jou nooit lei tot waar SY genade jou nie kan beskerm nie

2014 Isuzu 300 d-tec
    2011Isuzu 300 d-tec (myne) sold
    2013 Corsa 1.4 (my vrou sin)
    1998 Ford Bantam Turbo 236 kw (ons sin)my 4 jaar projek
    Jurgens bt670

Gm
    Die HERE sal jou nooit lei tot waar SY genade jou nie kan beskerm nie

2014 Isuzu 300 d-tec
    2011Isuzu 300 d-tec (myne) sold
    2013 Corsa 1.4 (my vrou sin)
    1998 Ford Bantam Turbo 236 kw (ons sin)my 4 jaar projek
    Jurgens bt670

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    Al het mens die kat by die stert beet. Ondersteun ek nie hoegenaamd iets wat tedoen gehad het met G M nie kyn net die implikasies
    I have a bit of a pain with manufacturers that left because of the political issues and then came back. I do tend to agree, but have no real pains with isuzu, except the service from some of their branches. In fact probably the only reason I dont drive an Isuzu has always been the dealership. My last GM product [corsa diesel] is now gone.

I am however looking at an Isuzu truck because as far as I know they have always been independent. As if Isuzu trucks ever leave you have a huge gap to fill in the market.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

I agree with you Engel and feel the same, however silly a notion it probably is...although Isuzu of course never left.

I have been told by a DP here that Isuzu is actually going to be coming in stronger from next year with bakkies and trucks for SA, and at the same time also using SA to target/as a gateway into the African Continental market.
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4

I have just visited the GMSA website. Heck, all you can find there is a video clip from the boss man telling us they are buggering off and the answers to a few basic questions.

The left and right side of my garage has a Chev parked in it...... I'm experiencing a serious sense of desolation

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I'm experiencing a serious sense of desolation
    What for?

Nobody loves me anymore

Nobody loves me anymore
    What makes you think anybody loved you in the first place?

Nobody loves me anymore
    Well... you did get rid of that beautiful Paj after all. Broke many hearts.

Ja, ja..... you both are right....
    Let's get back on topic.
    I was hoping that the MU-X would serve as a "parts mule" for my (now defunkt) TB, but it seems that they only share the same carcass. I (briefly) owned an Isuzu and it is my opinion that the three main areas where the Isuzu and Chev differ, namely engine and gearbox and interior, that I far prefer the TB above the Isuzu.
    I'm not arguing that the Isuzu badge will sell better than the Chev badge, but I really like the engine, gearbox and interior of my TB.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2017/08/10 at 09:12 PM.

Ja, ja..... you both are right....
    Let's get back on topic.
    I was hoping that the MU-X would serve as a "parts mule" for my (now defunkt) TB, but it seems that they only share the same carcass. I (briefly) owned an Isuzu and it is my opinion that the three main areas where the Isuzu and Chev differ, namely engine and gearbox and interior, that I far prefer the TB above the Isuzu.
    I'm not arguing that the Isuzu badge will sell better than the Chev badge, but I really like the engine, gearbox and interior of my TB.
    I agree with you. My TB has 107 500km on the clock and I was geared to buy the new model. Now I do not know what I will drive next... I owned 2 Isuzu's before (2003 and 2008 models) over a period of 9 years, but I think my bakkie days are over. And considering the MU-X will be a downgrade in my opinion. Put an Isuzu badge on the TB-now that might work for me. Else I might end up leaving the GM stable after I sell the TB, which will be a sad day for me...

Having been a longstanding Pajero owner, I was advised by a few knowledgeable friends to wait for the new Pajero Sport.

My reasoning not to heed their advice, was my perception of a shrinking Mitsubishi footprint in SA. Now the joke is on me

The decision on which SUV to go for is very tricky. I think we must wait for the MU-X to first arrive and then to assess it. I dont know how much different it will be from the bakkie. My 2015 Serengeti did everything right, I just found it a little too "unrefined" for my personal taste. Maybe in SUV mode they designed in better sound insulation, higher-end sound system and less engine vibration intruding into the cabin.

Howzit everyone, found this thread as I was scrolling through google while trying to look busy at work.

So Ive seen a few posts that people complain about and then people having high expectations. To start things off, Ive been the owner of the MU-X 4x4 for over a month now and my previous trusted steed was a 2005 Mitsubishi Pajero lwb 3.8. On the last post to this thread I see someone talking about the brand new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and then wondering about the dealership footprint. Well I come bearing terrible news, I wanted to buy the new Pajero sport and dealer services are terrible in general, this can be backed by the number of sales it has per month on any of their models. I struggled for over a month with 3 different dealers just to buy the sport and then finally gave the Isuzu dealer in our town a call and in less than 3 days I had the new MU-X.

The MU-X has something none of the other brands can offer, a reliable, proven and trusted engine, the DTEQ 3.0 and lets face it, we all have our doubts about all these new smaller high output diesel engines and I for one like to buy something that will last at least 10 years without breaking down after 100k with turbos and things failing left and right.
    That being said, I always said the Isuzu sounds like a tractor, looks like its 10 years behind in technology, but lasts forever, because it does, Isuzu rarely has the issues that other brands have mainly because they stick to what works. So the MU-X was a no brainer as a second choice to the Pajero sport( which has excellent standard offroad features).

The MU-X has its negatives, for starters as mentioned the 65L tank, which I find is a slap in the face. The 7.9L/100km however isnt too far off, I get about 11km/L average and drive 120km/h gps speed on the highway, in town i get about 9.5km/L since I have a heavy foot( I blame my old 3.8 V6 Pajero). The Ozzies have made an Auxiliary tank that fits above the spare wheel for an added 54L without the sparewheel sitting lower, so Im patiently witing for that upgrade!

The features are quite nice and it doesnt look like a car inside, or a mommy wagon like some of the other brands. Guys if you want something that makes you feel special with features, go buy a car or something. Its supposed to be able to go offroad and I for one dont like a shitload of electronics waiting to fail in the middle of nowhere.

It doesn't come with difflock and thats a bummer, but I will be going to Moz in a few weeks time to compare it to my old Pajero in the dunes, which Im very curious about! Another thing that I find ridiculous are these 18" wheels, it looks nice, but thats about it! I want to change the mags for a set of 17s when the finances allow it.

Any questions, I would answer it to the best of my ability

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaco Speedy Roos For This Useful Post:

Having been a longstanding Pajero owner, I was advised by a few knowledgeable friends to wait for the new Pajero Sport.

My reasoning not to heed their advice, was my perception of a shrinking Mitsubishi footprint in SA. Now the joke is on me

The decision on which SUV to go for is very tricky. I think we must wait for the MU-X to first arrive and then to assess it. I dont know how much different it will be from the bakkie. My 2015 Serengeti did everything right, I just found it a little too "unrefined" for my personal taste. Maybe in SUV mode they designed in better sound insulation, higher-end sound system and less engine vibration intruding into the cabin.
    About the sound, I took the bigger screen as they didnt have the normal screen close by and I was tired of waiting. With that comes a insanely good sound system and the ride comfort on and offroad is excellent. The interior is also well finished off and you cant hear the engine sound as one would expect, its very well insulated

Jaco,

I'm sure you will enjoy your new car. They seem to be very well put together, and yes, that engine is as tough as they come.

The 18" wheels are not to my liking either. I'm pretty far advanced with my plans to change (I have a thread under the tyre section). My thinking is that if I go to the trouble to change, why drop only 1", I'm going for 16" rims and 70% peofile.

Posted this in other thread too. A certain Isuzu dealership is offering R88k saving on New (NOT DEMO) Mu-X models.

With that saving you can fit aux fuel tank and diff lock. Probably snorkel too. Maybe a fridge..

No brainer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StangV2_0 For This Useful Post:

Hey Guys,

We have just received a bulletin that an Eaton Locker is now available as an option on the Isuzu Mu-X. It will be factory fitted prior to coming to the dealership. The charge for this will be R11500.

The large 9" Touchscreen Alpine radio will now be available at no extra charge. So if you want the larger display you will not be charged for it.

So, Isuzu didn't improve on the Frontier with the MU-X.

The Frontier has diff lock and 16" rims as standard. I looked at the TB to replace the Frontier some years ago. What I found and didn't like:

1. 18" rims with a 16" spare. With a limited slip diff nogal! I can't imagine doing 2 - 300km through the Karoo trying to find an 18" tyre like this. Where are you going to find another tyre like that in the Karoo?
    2. The spare was inside the vehicle. Unpack in the sun to get it out. The Frontier's is on the tailgate.
    3. The brown and black trim.
    4. No turbo on the engine.
    5. No diff lock.

But it had 11 cup holders.

Now the MU-X arrives with:

1. No diff lock
    2. The spare inside.
    3. 18" rims

I suppose it has enough cup holders though.

So the Frontier with almost 400 000 km on the clock has to remain.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast