Warranty claims since GM left

Default Warranty claims since GM left

Thought I would start a thread checking how owners of Chev's and in particular Trailblazer owners have found dealing with any warranty claims since GM left RSA. Items such as what warranty claim and what dealerships you used etc would be handy. One thing to discern is whether it was bad treatment because dealer is useless or because GM left. Useless dealers is probably a separate issue. Good outcomes very welcome too. We have a 2013 2.8 4x4 and have no intention of giving her up with another 14 months of warranty. All warranty issues to date were well dealt with by Key PMB.
    Last edited by Gav.S; 2017/07/16 at 12:24 PM.

Default Re: Warranty claims since GM left

Gav,
    GM has not left yet, but yes, they are going to leave. I think this thread is a good idea and I will post here when appropriate.

I have had a few visits to my local dealer principle, and I really am not concerned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Just had 2 rear lights and left passenger seatbelt replaced under warranty - without any issues.
    Uys Snyders

Trailblazer 2.8DuraMax
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    Gav,
    GM has not left yet, but yes, they are going to leave. I think this thread is a good idea and I will post here when appropriate.

I have had a few visits to my local dealer principle, and I really am not concerned.
    Just to clarify...
    By "visits to the dealer principle" I mean for a cup of tea and a chat about their shop and business, and not for warranty work

Somerset West near Cape Town South Africa

My local dealer Westvaal in Somerset West assured me that all claims, warranties and servicing will continue as before.
    2013 Chev Trailblazer 2.8 4x4 auto.

My Y17 had its first service today (15k km).
    They also did two recall fixes. The front window winder control modules received water protection coating and the rear PDC received a software update.

The service manager also reprogrammed the tyre pressure monitor settings. I run my tyres slightely below the recommended pressure. My daily drive is fairly slow going and most days will see me do some form of dirt road as well. So the TPM is almost always indicating low pressure. He fixed that for me, but we'll sit one afternoon with his computer and create personalised settings for me, including one that doesn't actually warn me at all - that is for the desert
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2017/10/13 at 12:12 PM.