Kasana/ Vic falls booking disaster

Default Kasana/ Vic falls booking disaster

So we drove up from Namibia to Kasane to view the mighty falls, as eveybody wants to do when here, as we slept over at The rainbow camp near Ngepi my wife tried to make a booking for Thebe Safari lodge , she spoke to Grace and want to confirm our booking, so Grace told her not to worry , there are plenty space left and we could just arrive here and book in, as many people does not arrive when booking ,they are not keen on bookings??
    So we arrived today at Thebe lodge, and we we greeted by the same Grace that was on the phone the previous two days with my wife
    So as we wanted our camping spot we was told by Grace that the place was full but there are another few camps where we could enquire for overnighting !!!! Huh
    Needless to say we went to 8 camping spots and all was full......
    So luckily we booked into a guest house and was really lucky to find a spot
    So why is this treatment given to us , i dont know, she was either very stupid or too lazy to take our names,
    So beware when making a booking through Grace at Thebe lodge, as i will never want anybody to experience this that we had .

Default Re: Kasana/ Vic falls booking disaster

Just looking at their web page on accommodation?... have a look at the end paragraph and what it says...
    Camp Accommodation

Thebe River Safaris Camp offers spacious camping areas with shaded cooking/braai areas. Ablutions are shared and we have 2 large communal ablution blocks with showers, with ample piping hot water, basins, mirrors and toilets. Most of our sites have a water tap and there is a power point on the campsite.[COLOR=black !important]Our campsite operates on a first come first serve basis so we do not accept bookings. Kindly confirm with reception on arrival as to our availability.[/COLOR]

They would all say that , as not to commit themselves, funny thing is as you walk in they ask if you have booked......!

My personal opinion is usually camping is on a first come basis as there are so many no shows but lodges, hotels you must book to avoid being turned down unless stated. It's obvious that the lady you delt with could not confirm the camping as their policy restricts them. Although you had a bad experience and it's good to warn the public you also must read the fine print.
    Last edited by ngweshla; 2017/07/10 at 05:50 AM.

I always stayed at Island Safari, and never bothered to read a note at reception, that WARN of noise disturbance from the bars across the river. Until I saw that note, I was wondering why they didn't warn their guest. But now I stay there with knowledge that there is potential noise disturbance. So like comments above, its important to read terms and conditions or any disclaimer before booking or visiting a location. I think she probably didnt want to say it plainly that we dont take pre-booking to loose a potential customer, but unfortunately it didn't end well on your side