I need info about Caprivi strip

Post I need info about Caprivi strip

Dear friends of 4x4community,

Iím from Italy and Iíll be in Caprivi strip next September ; Iíd need some info about my trip , so could anyone help me please ?

1)In case Iíd really need to fill my car with diesel ,does anyone know if there is a Gas Station in Bukalo (B8) on the way to Katima Mulilo(Iíll drive from Ngoma Bridge) , or itís better to fill up my car right in Katima Mulilo ?

2)What are the road conditions like from Sangwali to Livingstone Ďs camp and itís easy to drive to the camp with a 4x4 Nissan double cab ?

3) Could I do some game drives with my 4x4 car in the Nkasa Rupara National Park or itís better to do some managed game drives with safari cars ?

3)Iíve booked one night at Mavunje campsite and Iíll arrive there driving on C49 from the Mudumu national Park, so could anyone help me about the road directions for arriving to Mavunje Campsite ? (I didnít really find any clear info)

4) Does Buffalo park (Bwabwata National Park) deserve a visit ?

5) On my driving from Rundu to Grootfontein Iíd like to visit the Mangetti National Park , does anyone know if itís open to public and if it deserves a visit for a short game drive ?

Thank you very much and excuse me for my incorrect English.

Caprivi Houseboat Safari Lodge, Katima Mulilo

Default Re: I need info about Caprivi strip

1. Yes, you can get fuel at Bukalo and also in Katima Mulilo
    2. Yes, you can do it easily.
    3. You can do it yourself or if you feel uncomfortable going out on your own, you can book with the camp.
    4. There is a sign on the road. Look for it after passing Namushasha's entrance. Also contact Dan, the owner to give you more accurate directions.
    5. I've seen that people have had some awesome sightings there. With water not available in the rest of the park, wildlife sightings should be good.
    6. Mangetti is open to the public. I don't have much knowledge about it further.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sandbug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MAURITALY View Post
    Dear friends of 4x4community,

Iím from Italy and Iíll be in Caprivi strip next September ; Iíd need some info about my trip , so could anyone help me please ?

1)In case Iíd really need to fill my car with diesel ,does anyone know if there is a Gas Station in Bukalo (B8) on the way to Katima Mulilo(Iíll drive from Ngoma Bridge) , or itís better to fill up my car right in Katima Mulilo ?
    New Filling station in Buffalo, but fuel/diesel is cheaper on the Botswana side.

2)What are the road conditions like from Sangwali to Livingstone Ďs camp and itís easy to drive to the camp with a 4x4 Nissan double cab ?
    Sangwali to Livingstone camp is a freshly graded dirt road which could be driven in a sedan, very dusty bu absolutely no challenge.
    When going there greetings to Adolf and do the visit to the Livingstone' museum with him !!

3) Could I do some game drives with my 4x4 car in the Nkasa Rupara National Park or itís better to do some managed game drives with safari cars ?
    Not a problem, stick to the marked routes and check the water levels with the gate staff.

3)Iíve booked one night at Mavunje campsite and Iíll arrive there driving on C49 from the Mudumu national Park, so could anyone help me about the road directions for arriving to Mavunje Campsite ? (I didnít really find any clear info),
    No additional info from my side.

4) Does Buffalo park (Bwabwata National Park) deserve a visit ?
    Yes it does. The best area is along the river bank where the animals congregate for fresh grass and water. Further into the park we didn't see to much wildlife.

5) On my driving from Rundu to Grootfontein Iíd like to visit the Mangetti National Park , does anyone know if itís open to public and if it deserves a visit for a short game drive ?
    ​No additional info.

Thank you very much and excuse me for my incorrect English.

As Curt (Sandbug) says, just to add my very recent experience. My visit about 5 weeks ago.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Use Trax4Africa sim on your GPS to have up to date information on most of the tracks in the area. Enjoy...

Smile Re: I need info about Caprivi strip

Thank you very much sandbug (Curt) , Kalahari Safari and haboob for your useful info , your advice really helps me...

Mauritaly (Maurizio)

Hi Maurizio

The owners of the Nkasa Rupara lodge, Simone and Laura, are Italian so may give you additional helpful info if you ask them.

Cheers. John

Thank you very much John !!! Sure I'll contact them .

best regards
    Maurizio

Caprivi Houseboat Safari Lodge, Katima Mulilo

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy Feet View Post
    Hi Maurizio

The owners of the Nkasa Rupara lodge, Simone and Laura, are Italian so may give you additional helpful info if you ask them.

Cheers. John
    Can concur. Very good friends and very good people.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sandbug For This Useful Post: