Default Hercules Terra Trac

Can I ask for your views on the Hercules Terra Trac? When my rubbish Good Years on my Pathfinder got cut up in the Cederberg rough roads, I had to buy 2 of these tyres, the only tyres of 255/65/17 in the whole larger Western Cape area at that time.

Now the remaining 2 Goodyears are almost finished (45 000 km !!) and I need to replace. I need AT tyres as I like doing dirt road. Quite tempted to go for some of these fancy ones you guys have been bragging about, although I must say it seems difficult to choose.

What I have been thinking is to maybe stick with these Terra Tracs, meaning buying 3 of those so that I now have 5 of them all round.

The only negative I have experience with them over the last year is that on the tar road between Heidelberg and Standerton that is heavily run out, rutted, it seems to throw the vehicle around a little when it hits a rutted area.

Any views and experiences on these tyres?

Thanks
    Mike

I had these Hercules Terra Tracs on my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Ltd and was extremely impressed. It was good offroad, very silent onroad and I could not detect any adverse driving caracteristics.

I recently bought a Jeep 5.7 Hemi and am looking to replace the noisy Goodyear ATR's currently fitted to it. I am considering the Terra Tracs again, but I am also very impressed by the Yokohama Geolander AT-S on my wife's Jeep 4.7 Ltd.

I believe that Goodyear has now launched the Wrangler Silent Armour AT tyre to replace the road biased HP. I however can't comment on this tyre, as I don't know anybody who has fitted it. Perhaps some forum members have first hand experience of this new tyre and can enlighten us?

Mine: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK 5.7 Ltd - (OME 2" lift, JK Rims, 1.25" wheel spacers, Firestone Destination A/T 265/65/17 tyres & free-flow silencer)
    Swambo: 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 5.7 Overland (Standard)

I also had Terra Trac's on my Grand Cherokee (245/65/17) and was extremely happy. Only reason I got rid of them was to change to a more aggressive tyre and a 16" with higher sidewall (245/75/16 Kumho 834MT). JDJoubert on this forum also had Terra Trac's on his Grand Cherokee, and haven't heard anything bad from him regarding these tyres.

I would definitely consider these tyres, only paid R1400 a tyre for the 245/65/17.

2012 Jeep WK2 Limited CRD
    2" Murchison Lift
    265/65R18 Dick Cepek Trail Country
    TJM sidesteps
    Uneek4x4 Recovery points

I have done about 5K now on my Terra Tracks and are very happy with them. I also found that it feels harder when hitting uneven roads (at high speeds) but I got used to it by now.
    2006 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 CDI A. Skid plate, rear airbags, Hannibal roofrack.
    GX300 radio. 276C. Waeco 500W inverter.
    AND a 2005 R1200GS

I had Terra Tracs on my previous Nissan H/Body and was impressed although it is more noisy on the road than the Bridgestone Duelers I've replaced. Regarding your Cederberg experience, it was someone from the Cederberg 4x4 club who actually convinced me to put on the T/T while I was at the dealer comparing prices.

Currently have Terra Trac A/W 285/75R16's on the Patrol. So far I am very happy with them.
    A friend has the A/T Terra trac on his New Jeep GC hemi and the two front tyres started cracking around the bead on inside of tyre. He is still waiting on response from Company.
    Ettienne Myburgh

Nissan Patrol 4.8GL OME, ARB, Drawers, 2nd Battery
    Challenger Off-road trailer with Howlin Moon tent

Ou Louis ek het ook 'n PAthfinder en moet nou bande vervang. Ek gebruik tans Geolander AT en het geen probleme daarmee gehad nie. Yokohama het geen voorraad nie en ek moet dus 'n ander vervaardiger oorweeg. Die Terra Tracs is baie gunstig geprys, wat is jou opinie van die band op die Pathfinder en kan jy dalk vir my se watter grootte jy gepas het op die voertuig asb?
    Groete
    Johannes

Default Terra Trac Bande

Ek het `n 2010 Hilux d/c met 265 70 16 general grabbers...... glad nie 4x4 bande nie! Wil weet of daar nog persone is wat Terra trac opgesit het, sal die 265 75 16 te groot wees. Suspensie is standaard, ek gaan net die voorwiele laat spacers insit.

Is dit goeie bande??

Byvoorbaat dankie!
    Carel Pieterse

2015 Toyota Hilux Legend 45 D/C 4x4 D4D
    2015 Toyota Prado VX D4D
    2016 Sprite Tourer SP
    2019 Conqueror Comfort Platinum

Ek weet dit gaan om meer as net die "looks", maar die BFG vertoon vir my meer "off road".......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    97 Land Cruiser GX 80 - 1FZ-F
    09 Challenger Wilderniss
    06 VW Passat 2.0 TDi
    06 Opel Corsa 1.4

Hi Guys,I had these tyres on my Cherokee, and had constant hassles with balancing and tyre pull. Needed to be balanced almost every 300 km. Not a good experience with them, also they seem to "disintergrate; chip" very easy. At the end I settled for BFG Muds KM2, and only time will tell on them I suppose.

Ek het ook maar op die BF's besluit. Tiger Wheels het nou fantastiese pryse op die BF's - 265 75 R16 vir R2100 p/b!!
    Carel Pieterse

2015 Toyota Hilux Legend 45 D/C 4x4 D4D
    2015 Toyota Prado VX D4D
    2016 Sprite Tourer SP
    2019 Conqueror Comfort Platinum

Had four fitted to my Defender after a "takkie" cut a 1cm hole into my Duelers sidewall on a trail. Interestingly it was only 3 ply sidewall tyre other than BF's. At R1600 a tyre it was a good deal. So far I am happy as they are much quieter than the duelers on road.Off road I have had no issues as yet
    DEFENDER 90 TD5 2004
    DISCOVERY 1 TDI 1996 sold!
    BMW GS 650
    BMW RNINE T
    BMW 1150GSA