Freewheel Hubs on a D22 Harbody

Default Freewheel Hubs on a D22 Harbody

Hi guys. Does anyone know if the freewheel hub of a Hardbody D21 will fit on a Hardbody D22. I know most of the D22 hubs are automatic, where the D21 hubs are manual. The dealers as usual want you to buy a portion of Nissan International with the crazy prices of replacement D22 hubs. I see there is quite a lot of non OEM manual locking hubs available on eBay, and it appears that these are suitable for both D21 and D22. So assuming that these hubs have 28 splines, in theory, it should work on my D22? Please advise?

Default Re: Freewheel Hubs on a D22 Harbody

I haven't done the exercise myself but I'm sure it should fit. The D21 and D22 chassis is very similar
    '06 Nissan Patrol 4.8

I have a stripped 1997 D21 front end with hubs, side shafts and cvs intact. I could try strip one down and do a spline count. Just not sure when, as I get home well after dark evry night till the weekend.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

Quote Originally Posted by DudleC View Post
    Hi guys. Does anyone know if the freewheel hub of a Hardbody D21 will fit on a Hardbody D22. I know most of the D22 hubs are automatic, where the D21 hubs are manual. The dealers as usual want you to buy a portion of Nissan International with the crazy prices of replacement D22 hubs. I see there is quite a lot of non OEM manual locking hubs available on eBay, and it appears that these are suitable for both D21 and D22. So assuming that these hubs have 28 splines, in theory, it should work on my D22? Please advise?
    I have exactly the same question, but for a nissan d22 2014 with fixed flanges and I want a pair of free wheel hubs, but I'm not sure if they will fit on my truck, do you know if they fit propertly?

I am sure they will fit as the 2.4 Govt. Spec also came fitted with the same manual locking hubs.

According to the avm website, both the D21 and D22 sideshafts have 28 splines.
    http://www.avm.com.br/products4.htm
    Nato

'13 Nissan Navara 2.5TDCI DC 4X4
    Ex '08 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 TD 4x4