Power Upgrades? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Power Upgrades?

Default Re: Power Upgrades?

By wie het jy dit laat doen? Is dit hulle eie maps, of is hulle deel van n groter maatskappy wat in SA ook is?

En dan wil ek hoor wat het hulle jou gevra? Ek is self al baie lus vir so iets op my KB5, spesifiek ook vir efficiency. Ekstra krag sal n bonus wees vir verbygaan en sleep, maar ek gaan nou nie staan en spin by elke robot nie. Ek hou nie van die idee van sny aan die ECU bedrading nie, maar klink my dis die algemene manier. Ek hou baie meer van n remap. As dit n boggerop is kan jy reset na die factory map.

Hou ons op hoogte van jou brandstofverbruik asseblief.

Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC
    BMW F650 GS Dakar

Wir könnte nur sagen wir lieben Südwest!

Quote Originally Posted by guido.e.koch View Post
    Some day maybe. I'm keeping all the bits on at the moment till they start bothering me with issues

Please rethink this.

With all that increased power, your egt's definitely went higher. I fitted an 76mm just for this reason to add some comfort.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter van Eeden View Post
    By wie het jy dit laat doen? Is dit hulle eie maps, of is hulle deel van n groter maatskappy wat in SA ook is?

En dan wil ek hoor wat het hulle jou gevra? Ek is self al baie lus vir so iets op my KB5, spesifiek ook vir efficiency. Ekstra krag sal n bonus wees vir verbygaan en sleep, maar ek gaan nou nie staan en spin by elke robot nie. Ek hou nie van die idee van sny aan die ECU bedrading nie, maar klink my dis die algemene manier. Ek hou baie meer van n remap. As dit n boggerop is kan jy reset na die factory map.

Hou ons op hoogte van jou brandstofverbruik asseblief.
    Rk motion has done my dads kb5 and step dads kb6 id recomemd u do a exhaust as well and its a remap so they change map on ecu they keep your old map onfile if u want to go back to it but must be taken back to the remapping company to go back to stock yes
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

Some day maybe. I'm keeping all the bits on at the moment till they start bothering me with issues

As for the "corrected flywheel figures" I'm a bit sceptical. The KB300 should have in the vicinity of 380Nm on the flywheel, here it's showing over 400?

All I've done on the car is fit a snorkel and bigger tires, so those 30% odd gains I'm taking with a pinch of salt.

My main aim for this was to get a better fuel consumption. The added power is a bonus

Nevertheless, the trokkie is running great and feels more punchy, so this exercise was definitely worth it.
    a decat can save u a turbo in the long run and will add a few kws and nms as well trust me
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giolanman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
    Stuur vir ons n paar fotos van die setup?
    You mean the setup of my trokkie?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170602_130342_HDR.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	518749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180828_130319.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	518750  
    Off-road: '14 Isuzu KB300 4x4
    On-road: '08 Audi A5 3.2 Quattro
    Toy: '98 Defender 90 TD5
    SOLD: '07 Audi A4 2.0 TDI
    SOLD: '02 Mitsu Colt V6 4x4
    SOLD: '04 Mazda RX-8
    SOLD: '97 Mitsu Pajero V6 GDi SWB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to guido.e.koch For This Useful Post:

By wie het jy dit laat doen?
    The guy owns a very reputable workshop here in Windhoek: "MAD Tuning".

He does his own maps on his dyno. Standard stage-1 map cost N$4000 - not sure if it's different for other cars.

I got a trip planned to the coast end of the month, will have some consumption results then 8)

The guy owns a very reputable workshop here in Windhoek: "MAD Tuning".

He does his own maps on his dyno. Standard stage-1 map cost N$4000 - not sure if it's different for other cars.

I got a trip planned to the coast end of the month, will have some consumption results then 8)
    Cool, thanx! I might consider it next time I am in Windhoek. I wonder how much the altitude difference will play a role however. On the other hand it is a forced induction motor. But things like the turbo wastegate opening might be different.

I'll contact them in any case and chat at least.

Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC
    BMW F650 GS Dakar

Cool, thanx! I might consider it next time I am in Windhoek. I wonder how much the altitude difference will play a role however. On the other hand it is a forced induction motor. But things like the turbo wastegate opening might be different.

I'll contact them in any case and chat at least.

Basically in VNT like turbos, the vanes do all the work to compensate for high altitudes according to ECU maps. You MAY notice a small decrease in power, but it is unlikely as the vanes will try to compensate, the only thing is.. high altitude reduce the turbo life overall, even on stock tune.

A certain boost must be achieved based on altitude etc, and for that, considering VNT/VGT turbos, the vanes do all the work so the boost is achieved and, in high altitude places the turbo must spin more to achieve the same boost.

The boost seen in sea level or high altitude might be the same, but the turbo is spinning more in terms of RPM at high altitude to achieve desired boost. Turbos have high tolerances tho, keep an eye on EGTs and that's all, enjoy the power

In case your model has a wastegate conventional turbo system you will notice a decrease in power as there is no vanes to compensate.
    Last edited by heikeedwin; 2019/02/07 at 01:08 PM.
    Heike Pinto,

- 2014 Mazda BT-50 3.2TD 4x4 AT
    3" Exhaust | iDrive | HDi Intercooler Upgrade | Forefront Industries Alloy Boost pipes | Hybrid Turbo | 30% Nozzles | K&N Air Filter
    Fuel Injection Technology ECU Tune

-2009 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 TD 4x4 MT

Maputo, Mozambique

Quote Originally Posted by heikeedwin View Post
    Basically in VNT like turbos, the vanes do all the work to compensate for high altitudes according to ECU maps. You MAY notice a small decrease in power, but it is unlikely as the vanes will try to compensate, the only thing is.. high altitude reduce the turbo life overall, even on stock tune.

A certain boost must be achieved based on altitude etc, and for that, considering VNT/VGT turbos, the vanes do all the work so the boost is achieved and, in high altitude places the turbo must spin more to achieve the same boost.

The boost seen in sea level or high altitude might be the same, but the turbo is spinning more in terms of RPM at high altitude to achieve desired boost. Turbos have high tolerances tho, keep an eye on EGTs and that's all, enjoy the power

In case your model has a wastegate conventional turbo system you will notice a decrease in power as there is no vanes to compensate.
    His is vnt not many new diesels still get wastegated turbos these days vnt is the way forward as u said it adjusts its self to comp for altitude at all times he just needs to decat as well if he remapps for a added benafit

Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    His is vnt not many new diesels still get wastegated turbos these days vnt is the way forward as u said it adjusts its self to comp for altitude at all times he just needs to decat as well if he remapps for a added benafit
    Yes, an upgraded exhaust will give you more power while reducing EGTs, increasing your turbo life, an upgraded air filter helps too.

And then when you notice you have your bakkie full modded (hybrid turbo and etc) just like mine, hahaha
    Heike Pinto,

- 2014 Mazda BT-50 3.2TD 4x4 AT
    3" Exhaust | iDrive | HDi Intercooler Upgrade | Forefront Industries Alloy Boost pipes | Hybrid Turbo | 30% Nozzles | K&N Air Filter
    Fuel Injection Technology ECU Tune

-2009 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 TD 4x4 MT

Maputo, Mozambique

If doing a remap I would suggest a decat aswell just to control the temps, never hurts. Typical gains on most newer gen TDI's would be 20-30kw and 50-80nm of torque which is plenty. Money well spent on my Amarok and all the other cars I have mapped previously.
    Darryn Van Rooyen
    2014 D/C Amarok 4Motion H/L Auto - 76mm Decat Downpipe and Revo Stage 1 Tune
    Current: 1987 Citi Sport 1.6

Is it possible to knock out the pdf on a 2014 K6 model ? I cant see if it is straight or bent in a way that it will not be possible..
    2005 Isuzu KB300 D/C Auto
    2014 Isuzu Kb300 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
    Is it possible to knock out the pdf on a 2014 K6 model ? I cant see if it is straight or bent in a way that it will not be possible..
    Yes its possible but not easy though sadly but is benaficial for turbo do a remap as well and u will smile

Random question for the Isuzus with snorkels..Do you hear more intake noise via the snorkel or not?

I have heard some pretty loud snorkels before.

Quote Originally Posted by JH84 View Post
    Random question for the Isuzus with snorkels..Do you hear more intake noise via the snorkel or not?

I have heard some pretty loud snorkels before.
    A bit off the topic of your question cus I haven't driven an Isuzu with a snorkel yet, but I drove LC 79 4.5 V8 in mozam and with the drivers window open and the snorkel right there it sounded like the lochness monster was breathing down my ear
    Last edited by A1ex; 2019/02/22 at 09:04 AM.
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)

Probably that is why it is called a "snork"el...

Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC
    BMW F650 GS Dakar

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pieter van Eeden For This Useful Post:

A bit off the topic of your question cus I haven't driven an Isuzu with a snorkel yet, but I drove LC 79 4.5 V8 in mozam and with the drivers window open and the snorkel right there it sounded like the lochness monster was breathing down my ear
    That is actually the exact vehicle that I have heard as well. I quite like it!

I have heard a 3.0 d4d doing the same, not quite as loud by definitely audible.

Quote Originally Posted by JH84 View Post
    That is actually the exact vehicle that I have heard as well. I quite like it!

I have heard a 3.0 d4d doing the same, not quite as loud by definitely audible.
    Haha its quite amazing, you end up hearing every breath of that V8, what more could you want.

I imagine the Isuzu would be a bit more tame sounding.
    Also the fact that the LC has the round snorkel cap which i would assume sends the sound in all directions whereas a conventional Safari faces forward which would reduce the sound coming in you direction...?

I'm sure @Johan Snyman can answer when he comes across your question.
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)

Haha its quite amazing, you end up hearing every breath of that V8, what more could you want.

I imagine the Isuzu would be a bit more tame sounding.
    Also the fact that the LC has the round snorkel cap which i would assume sends the sound in all directions whereas a conventional Safari faces forward which would reduce the sound coming in you direction...?

I'm sure @Johan Snyman can answer when he comes across your question.
    I am also not expecting cruiser level noise, but I am pretty sure most turbo diesels suck in quite a bit of air!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JH84 For This Useful Post:

Ja, the snorkel on mine pointing forward you do hear the engine breathe noticably if you have the window open.

It's a pleasant sound and only there when you floor it. Cruising on the highway or tugging along on a plaas pad you don't hear it.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guido.e.koch For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast