Travelling from Ndole Bay (Lake Tanganjika) to Nyika, visa on arrival?

Default Travelling from Ndole Bay (Lake Tanganjika) to Nyika, visa on arrival?

What is the best way to travel between these two places? Google shows me Ndole-Mporokoso-Kasama-Malole-Kapoko-Isoka-Muyombe-Katumbi-Chelinda. Strange enough is that T4A does not show me the D18 road between Kasama and Isoka. Where to break the journey? Is it doable in 2 days? Is it possible to get the Malawian visa on arrival at the Muyombe/Katumba border? I guess it would be much easier to travel through Tanzania, but unfortunatelly the rental company does not allow their vehicles to be taken there. Sorry for too many questions but I did not googled out almost anything.

Default Re: Travelling from Ndole Bay (Lake Tanganjika) to Nyika, visa on arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by schwott View Post
    What is the best way to travel between these two places? Google shows me Ndole-Mporokoso-Kasama-Malole-Kapoko-Isoka-Muyombe-Katumbi-Chelinda. Strange enough is that T4A does not show me the D18 road between Kasama and Isoka. Where to break the journey? Is it doable in 2 days? Is it possible to get the Malawian visa on arrival at the Muyombe/Katumba border? I guess it would be much easier to travel through Tanzania, but unfortunatelly the rental company does not allow their vehicles to be taken there. Sorry for too many questions but I did not googled out almost anything.
    T4A shows the D18, but unnamed as an Excellent Tar Road.

Default Re: Travelling from Ndole Bay (Lake Tanganjika) to Nyika, visa on arrival?

I am looking at the web version of T4A and there is just a small piece of D18 from Kasama up to Chasamina waterfall and no further.