Anyone using Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid Tied inverter

Default Anyone using Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid Tied inverter

I am close to making up my mind that the Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid tied meets my specific needs and am close to purchasing one.

I would like to know how easy it is to get parts and how good is backup support for this particular inverter.

Default Re: Anyone using Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid Tied inverter

Quote Originally Posted by BuciboLebo View Post
    I am close to making up my mind that the Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid tied meets my specific needs and am close to purchasing one.

I would like to know how easy it is to get parts and how good is backup support for this particular inverter.
    I a general sense most electronic components are rather generic. The items that are most stressed and likely to fail are normally commonly used by many manufacturers and hence freely available from multiple sources.

The infinisolar is a sister product to the ever popular and thoroughly reliable Axpert range on inverters, and I do know that service facilities and parts are available for those.

Do be careful in choosing your Infinisolar inverter. They come in various models where the model description is almost identical but the units are significantly different in capabilities.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Default Re: Anyone using Infinisolar 3KW Hybrid Grid Tied inverter

I use the infinisolar 3kw Plus Hybrid, so far so good.

As per Fluffy be careful, the proper Infinisolar has 500v max Solar voltage input, not > 190v which is the relabeled Axpert Infinisolar.

http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2...&product_id=73

The Awesome

Combines power from multiple sources unlike the axpert.

Allows for higher voltage Solar string than the Axpert.

Draws an additional 3000w from the grid should your load exceed the solar array of 3000w for a load max of 6000w.

The Negative

Battery recharge current is 25A max, limiting you to 8x 100Ah which in my house is good for 4hrs uptime, I'd prefer 16x 100Ah.

also get this, replaces the original software for better visibility at marginal cost.

http://iccsoftware.co.za/
    Last edited by nitrious; 2017/06/06 at 12:37 PM.