Bush Lapa or Afrispoor - HELP!!!!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Bush Lapa or Afrispoor - HELP!!!!!

I have not had a problem using the front wheel and jacks at the back yet. Can always get it level.

However I do find that when standing for a few days tne jacks tend to dig into the ground so now I always use flat rocks to avoid that
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    I have not had a problem using the front wheel and jacks at the back yet. Can always get it level.

However I do find that when standing for a few days tne jacks tend to dig into the ground so now I always use flat rocks to avoid that
    I use highlift jack stabiliser plates under jockey wheel and jacks, works great in sand / soft earth

https://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.za/p...lift-jack/6368
    Last edited by Sebastiaan; 2018/03/04 at 08:28 PM.

I must admit I used to tow a Con... and always had issues with levels as only the jockey wheel was adjustable basically
    Now on the BL never had issues, wait let me not lie, this past January in Paindane Moz, we were standing on an uneven "dune"
    Because of a lack of decent footing/ spreader blocks, I was unable to level the Miskruier 100%, as the sand kept giving way - lesson learned and the bocks have been added to the nose cone for the next trip
    Last edited by Hilux01; 2018/03/05 at 08:00 AM.
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT

The rear jacks on the Miskruier is designed to lift the caravan to change a tyre. It certainly is a jack, not only a stabiliser. That said, I would not set up camp with one wheel in the air but rather dig a small hole/ use a block to have both wheels on the ground. These jacks could give some sway if the wheels aren't touching the ground.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

OK, had another look today - proper jacks on the BL, also confirmed that I can order the Boabab with a third jack for the front. Happy chappy!

Now...........................to convince SWAMBO!
    Pajero Gen 4 GLX 30 Year Heritage Edition - Grondpad
    VW Tiguan 2.0TDi - Teerpad
    Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    OK, had another look today - proper jacks on the BL, also confirmed that I can order the Boabab with a third jack for the front. Happy chappy!

Now...........................to convince SWAMBO!
    Hi LowRange.
    I fitted my Baobab with two additional jack inserts on the front (on the sides), but with only one additional jack. The front side jack is used on whichever part of the caravan is higher above ground surface. Works like a charm.
    Toyota Hilux 3D
    BL976 - Baobab 4

Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    ..... Now...........................to convince SWAMBO!
    Do a bit of 'spin-doctoring' re the re-sale value of the BL's - they can be sold for more than the original purchase price paid.
    A few ex owners will attest to that .....
    Leading: 2013 Hyundai iX35 R2.0 GLS/Elite CRDi 4WD Auto
    Trailing : 2017 Afrispoor Serval (arrived on time but with issues)

We have been looking for an off-road caravan for some time now and have looked at the Bush Lapa Kewer, Echo Chobe Tec, Conqueror Companion, Imagine Trailvan and finally the Afrispoor Serval.

We eliminated the Echo Chobe and Imagine Trailvan due to the fibreglass construction to a greater or lesser degree - I don’t want to be putting money into something that may crack or that will discolour for sure, notwithstanding the excellent insulation and weight properties. Also neither of them have an inside seating area. Neither does the The Conqueror Companion for that matter which we also eliminated on account of its weight and propensity to rust. And so it has finally come down to the Afrispoor Serval vs Bush Lapa Kewer.

The problem though is that we were never able to see a Afrispoor Serval being based in Cape Town. Afrispoor do not have an agent in the Western Cape. We were limited to having a close look at 2 Afrispoor Cheetahs thanks to 2 extremely obliging and proud owners. Comparing the Cheetah to the BL Kewer is not really a fair comparison certainly from a size, space and storage perspective. It would be better to compare the BL Baobab to the AS Cheetah in this regard. We have been told though that the Serval is very similar to the Cheetah and so had to content ourselves with what was available. This is less than ideal for Western Cape customers for AS it has to be said.

We are looking for a lightweight, easy to tow and manoeuvre off-road caravan suitable for 2 , with an inside seating area , that we can take on roads less travelled on camping and overlanding trips.

Size and weight

Before looking at the Kewer vs the Serval our thoughts went to a Cheetah or a Baobab as an alternative. In the end we weighed up comfort against towability and manoeuvrability and felt that both of these beauties are just too big for our purposes. There is just the 2 of us and with a tare weight close 1100 kg this is almost 300 kg heavier than the Kewer, although only around 100kg heavier than the Serval. Also at a height of 2250 the Baobab won’t fit into a standard garage even with the standard rims and tyres let down to 0.5. I think the Cheetah would at 2060. Getting back to the weight issue though, we rented a BL Miskruijer which is very similar to the Kewer for a 3 day trip into the Cederberg recently and battled to manoeuvre the trailer in soft sand. It would be interesting doing that with a much heavier trailer. Also the fuel consumption would take an even bigger hit with a larger trailer. And so, with some regret it has to be said, we focussed our thoughts on the smaller Kewer and Serval which are both very similar in size. For the record the Kewer is 4050 long, 1850 wide and 2050 high with a tare weight of 820 and s GVM of 1500. The Serval is 4450 long, 1850 wide and 2060 high with a tare weight of 960 and a GVM of 1500. The Serval is quite a bit longer and 100kg heavier then

Construction material

Coming back to the construction material, some folks would have eliminated the AS, BL and Conqueror trailers immediately because they will become incredibly hot in summer and cold in winter. For them their choice would have been between the Echo Chobe and the Imagine Trailvan. Fair enough! For us though, we really like the 3CR12 stainless steel and aluminium panels that the AS and BL are made of. It feels like they are going to last and no rust.

Layout

This is really subjective, but if the Kewer had not had a recent major overhaul with a new pop up roof and queen sized bed and therefore no post box entry, then I think we would have preferred the Serval. What currently sets them apart on the inside now though in our view is that the Kewer has a far superior side window in terms of size. It is huge and really gives a sense of space. That said, I am sure that AS would be open to a modification.

The kitchen layouts are quite different. The BL kitchen is almost Zen like - very simple, huge working surface, bullet proof gas cooker, nice fridge orientation, less packing space. AS on the other hand has more openings, drawers and more storage for sure. The work surface is a little smaller and I personally prefer BL’s cooker. To be honest both kitchens are great. I love the AS brass handles.

Awnings

Much has been written about the BL Bushwing and its all good. AS have focused on third party awnings using Bundutec, Howling Moon and Da Canvas Co products with varying degrees of success. In the end though I think it is safe to say that any issues AS owners may have had have been sorted out

Washing up area, booze cabinet, shower, porta potti solution

Here it has to be said that the AS solutions are just better.

The washing up area is situated at the end of the fridge slide and is s quality space. The BL offering is at the rear near the door and is just not as good as AS. BL still makes use of stop cock type taps whereas AS has a mixer

Booze cabinet - AS has one and even a choice of location, BL does not. Nuff said. Not sure if there is one on the Serval.

The shower on the AS is absolutely brilliant . I’m talking the Cheetah solution here but assuming the Serval is the same. You have the choice of location either outside at the rear or outside on the opposite side to the 270 degree awning. (You can have it inside too but that doesn’t really feel justified) It can be fitted using a bespoke frame or BunduCube or Quick Pitch and there is a panel that opens to reveal shower head, mixer, mirror, a basin and a place to put your toiletries. Personally i would go for the outside side location to keep the area where the drinks can be dry. The BL solution is at the outside rear of the van with a very nice shower curtain on a slide but the shower head solution and no cabinet means it is definitely outdone by the AS. I guess a key question to ask is how often do you use your own shower when there are usually ablution facilities that are available

The AS Porta Potti. toilet is stored underneath one of the seats in the van . Again a really good solution for calls of nature without having to leave the camper. BL has no solution ...

Quality control

My impression is that both are excellent vans but that BL has the edge here. I know of a few owners that have had issues with their AS vans on delivery. They have all been sorted very quickly but BL seem to have fewer issues.

Location of factory and Western Cape agent

The fact that BL s factory is situated in Paarl is a major benefit to me. It means that I can take the van back there for servicing, repairs, modifications etc. The AS set up for a Capetonian feels very inaccessible. Call on owners to view the product but there is currently no Serval available in Cape Town to view. The van could be serviced locally as it has a solid beam axle and bearings set up which is really simple but what about modifications, repairs for bigger damage and snags ex factory?

Price and resale value

Both are highly sought after and should hold their value very well. AS seem to include more items as standard than does BL. Once you have specified both in the same way, they are very similarly priced

It is so hard to call to be honest. I reckon if I lived in KZN that I would choose a Afrispoor Serval or Cheetah. The size, weight and price difference is quite small between the Cheetah and the Serval which would explain why the Cheetah is their most popular camper van. Choosing a Cheetah or Baobab over a Kewer and to a lesser degree a Serval though is a clear preference for comfort over towability, manoeuvrability and going anywhere.

I guess it comes down to what you want to use it for, where you live and how long you are willing to wait. The current waiting list at AS is 8 months and at BL it is 3 months.

Both are outstanding in my view.

So are the Chobe Tec and the Imagine Trailvan for that matter and the Conqueror will survive the bumps and scratches best. It all depends on your needs and priorities.
    Last edited by Voyageur; 2019/08/02 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    We have been looking for an off-road caravan for some time now and have looked at the Bush Lapa Kewer, Echo Chobe Tec, Conqueror Companion, Imagine Trailvan and finally the Afrispoor Serval.

We eliminated the Echo Chobe and Imagine Trailvan due to the fibreglass construction to a greater or lesser degree - I donít want to be putting money into something that may crack or that will discolour for sure, notwithstanding the excellent insulation and weight properties. Also neither of them have an inside seating area. Neither does the The Conqueror Companion for that matter which we also eliminated on account of its weight and propensity to rust. And so it has finally come down to the Afrispoor Serval vs Bush Lapa Kewer.

The problem though is that we were never able to see a Afrispoor Serval being based in Cape Town. Afrispoor do not have an agent in the Western Cape. We were limited to having a close look at 2 Afrispoor Cheetahs thanks to 2 extremely obliging and proud owners. Comparing the Cheetah to the BL Kewer is not really a fair comparison certainly from a size, space and storage perspective. It would be better to compare the BL Baobab to the AS Cheetah in this regard. We have been told though that the Serval is very similar to the Cheetah and so had to content ourselves with what was available. This is less than ideal for Western Cape customers for AS it has to be said.

We are looking for a lightweight, easy to tow and manoeuvre off-road caravan suitable for 2 , with an inside seating area , that we can take on roads less travelled on camping and overlanding trips.

Size and weight

Before looking at the Kewer vs the Serval our thoughts went to a Cheetah or a Baobab as an alternative. In the end we weighed up comfort against towability and manoeuvrability and felt that both of these beauties are just too big for our purposes. There is just the 2 of us and with a tare weight close 1100 kg this is almost 300 kg heavier than the Kewer, although only around 100kg heavier than the Serval. Also at a height of 2250 the Baobab wonít fit into a standard garage even with the standard rims and tyres let down to 0.5. I think the Cheetah would at 2060. Getting back to the weight issue though, we rented a BL Miskruijer which is very similar to the Kewer for a 3 day trip into the Cederberg recently and battled to manoeuvre the trailer in soft sand. It would be interesting doing that with a much heavier trailer. Also the fuel consumption would take an even bigger hit with a larger trailer. And so, with some regret it has to be said, we focussed our thoughts on the smaller Kewer and Serval which are both very similar in size. For the record the Kewer is 4050 long, 1850 wide and 2050 high with a tare weight of 820 and s GVM of 1500. The Serval is 4450 long, 1850 wide and 2060 high with a tare weight of 960 and a GVM of 1500. The Serval is quite a bit longer and 100kg heavier then

Construction material

Coming back to the construction material, some folks would have eliminated the AS, BL and Conqueror trailers immediately because they will become incredibly hot in summer and cold in winter. For them their choice would have been between the Echo Chobe and the Imagine Trailvan. Fair enough! For us though, we really like the 3CR12 stainless steel and aluminium panels that the AS and BL are made of. It feels like they are going to last and no rust.

Layout

This is really subjective and if the Kewer had not had a recent major overhaul with a new pop up roof and queen sized bed, then I think we would have preferred the Serval with no post box entry bed and more space. What currently sets them apart on the inside though in our view is that the Kewer has a far superior side window in terms of size. It is huge and really gives a sense of space. That said, I am sure that AS would be open to a modification.

The kitchen layouts are quite different. The BL kitchen is almost Zen like - very simple, huge working surface, bullet proof gas cooker, nice fridge orientation, less packing space. AS on the other hand has more openings, drawers and more storage for sure. The work surface is a little smaller and I personally prefer BLís cooker. To be honest both kitchens are great. I love the AS brass handles.

Awnings

Much has been written about the BL Bushwing and its all good. AS have focused on third party awnings using Bundutec, Howling Moon and Da Canvas Co products with varying degrees of success. In the end though I think it is safe to say that any issues AS owners may have had have been sorted out

The washing up area is situated at the end of the fridge slide and is s quality space. The BL offering is at the rear near the door and is just not as good as AS. BL still makes use of stop cock type taps whereas AS has a mixer

Booze cabinet - AS has one and even a choice of location, BL does not. Nuff said. Not sure if there is one on the Serval.

The shower on the AS is absolutely brilliant . Iím talking the Cheetah solution here but assuming the Serval is the same. You have the choice of location either at the rear or on the opposite side to the 270 degree awning. It can be fitted using a bespoke frame or BunduCube or Quick Pitch and there is a panel that opens to reveal shower head, mixer, mirror, a basin and a place to put your toiletries. Personally i would go for the side location to keep the area where the drinks can be dry. The BL solution is at the rear of the van with a very nice shower curtain on a slide but the shower head solution and no cabinet means it is definitely outdone by the AS. I guess a key question to ask is how often do you use your own shower when there are usually ablution facilities that are available

The AS Porta Potti. toilet is stored underneath one of the seats in the van . Again a really good solution for calls of nature without having to leave the camper. BL has no solution ...

Quality control

My impression is that both are excellent vans but that BL has the edge here. I know of a few owners that have had issues with their AS vans on delivery. They have all been sorted very quickly but BL seem to have fewer issues.

The fact that BL s factory is situated in Paarl is a major benefit to me. It means that I can take the van back there for servicing, repairs, modifications etc. The AS set up for a Capetonian feels very inaccessible. Call on owners to view the product but there is currently no Serval available in Cape Town to view. The van could be serviced locally as it has a solid beam axle and bearings set up which is really simple but what about modifications, repairs for bigger damage and snags ex factory?

Price and resale value

Both are highly sought after and should hold their value very well. AS seem to include more items as standard than does BL. Once you have specified both in the same way, they are very similarly priced

It is so hard to call to be honest. I reckon if I lived in KZN that I would choose a Afrispoor Serval or Cheetah. The size, weight and price difference is quite small between the Cheetah and the Serval which would explain why the Cheetah is their most popular camper van. Choosing a Cheetah or Baobab over a Kewer and to a lesser degree a Serval though is a clear preference for comfort over towability, manoeuvrability and going anywhere.

I guess it comes down to what you want to use it for, where you live and how long you are willing to wait. The current waiting list at AS is 8 months and at BL it is 3 months.

So are the Chobe Tec and the Imagine Trailvan for that matter and the Conqueror will survive the bumps and scratches best. It all depends on your needs and priorities.
    Nice write up. I looked at the AS again before ordering my second BL. Yes the AS has nice features BUT imho it is very much a more complicated trailer with so many doors, latches etc. I prefer simplicity. I also looked at the overall quality and still say the BL is much better, especially the welding,paintwork finish, panel fit. The awning is still an issue with AS no matter which one you choose as none are in the Bushwing league. I prefer the stop cock mixers etc. as they are just more robust and Africa proof. The Baobab has 2 options for wash up areas, one at back and one next to fridge with hand shower type fitting.

I never used the shower on my Boskriek as all the sites we camped had ablutions. I do not like a shower in my offroad van in any case. I dont want a house on wheels that I have to clean shower areas etc. Moisture inside also not good in my eyes for a small area.

I also think from what I have seen is that BL holds value better than most. I got back what I paid for my Bioskriek after 3 years.

I like to keep things as simple as possible. Less is more....

Either way you won't be sorry with your decision. I just believe that BL has the edge over the competition in many respects.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

We eliminated the Echo Chobe and Imagine Trailvan due to the fibreglass construction to a greater or lesser degree - I don’t want to be putting money into something that may crack or that will discolour for sure, notwithstanding the excellent insulation and weight properties. Also neither of them have an inside seating area. Neither does the The Conqueror Companion for that matter which we also eliminated on account of its weight and propensity to rust. And so it has finally come down to the Afrispoor Serval vs Bush Lapa Kewer.

Size and weight

Before looking at the Kewer vs the Serval our thoughts went to a Cheetah or a Baobab as an alternative. In the end we weighed up comfort against towability and manoeuvrability and felt that both of these beauties are just too big for our purposes. There is just the 2 of us and with a tare weight close 1100 kg this is almost 300 kg heavier than the Kewer, although only around 100kg heavier than the Serval. Also at a height of 2250 the Baobab won’t fit into a standard garage even with the standard rims and tyres let down to 0.5. I think the Cheetah would at 2060. Getting back to the weight issue though, we rented a BL Miskruijer which is very similar to the Kewer for a 3 day trip into the Cederberg recently and battled to manoeuvre the trailer in soft sand. It would be interesting doing that with a much heavier trailer. Also the fuel consumption would take an even bigger hit with a larger trailer. And so, with some regret it has to be said, we focussed our thoughts on the smaller Kewer and Serval which are both very similar in size. For the record the Kewer is 4050 long, 1850 wide and 2050 high with a tare weight of 820 and s GVM of 1500. The Serval is 4450 long, 1850 wide and 2060 high with a tare weight of 960 and a GVM of 1500. The Serval is quite a bit longer and 100kg heavier then

Construction material

Layout

This is really subjective, but if the Kewer had not had a recent major overhaul with a new pop up roof and queen sized bed and therefore no post box entry, then I think we would have preferred the Serval. What currently sets them apart on the inside now though in our view is that the Kewer has a far superior side window in terms of size. It is huge and really gives a sense of space. That said, I am sure that AS would be open to a modification.

The kitchen layouts are quite different. The BL kitchen is almost Zen like - very simple, huge working surface, bullet proof gas cooker, nice fridge orientation, less packing space. AS on the other hand has more openings, drawers and more storage for sure. The work surface is a little smaller and I personally prefer BL’s cooker. To be honest both kitchens are great. I love the AS brass handles.

Awnings

The shower on the AS is absolutely brilliant . I’m talking the Cheetah solution here but assuming the Serval is the same. You have the choice of location either outside at the rear or outside on the opposite side to the 270 degree awning. (You can have it inside too but that doesn’t really feel justified) It can be fitted using a bespoke frame or BunduCube or Quick Pitch and there is a panel that opens to reveal shower head, mixer, mirror, a basin and a place to put your toiletries. Personally i would go for the outside side location to keep the area where the drinks can be dry. The BL solution is at the outside rear of the van with a very nice shower curtain on a slide but the shower head solution and no cabinet means it is definitely outdone by the AS. I guess a key question to ask is how often do you use your own shower when there are usually ablution facilities that are available

Quality control

Price and resale value

Thanks for the write up, cleared a few things for me. I was also looking at both, Serval and the Kewer.

BL it is.. Placing the order on Monday.

Will be doing a few mods ex Factory, busy going through a few thing, one I like the Porta Potty in the AS, looking to see if I can possible get in into the BL in the Front section by the Table. Might have to look at one big Battery, as 2 105AH cant fit in the back section.

The Gulf Wing door on the BL possible change to open from Left to right. Looking at pros and Cons on this.

Dont like the wood rack on the BL, looks cheap. Rather have a 100mm seconded box opening from inside to out. Store the sides and ground sheet.

Another Mod I would Like to make is replace the area where the Jerry Vans are, and replace by putting the 2 Gas Bottles in that space.

I dont need Jerry Cans. Any thoughts on this, I am waiting for the Factory to come back to me on this.

My 2 cents worth, BUT BL it is.

Dave
    Last edited by ohalloran; 2019/08/03 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added extra
    Dave

BL1942 - The Bug

Smile Re: Bush Lapa or Afrispoor - HELP!!!!!

Replaced my SP with a BL Boskriek and absolutely enjoys the BL. I am a pensioner and camp at least 4 month a year. We only put the full tent sides up in bad weather. Since end 2017 dealership have been extended dramatically. In Natal we now have two, one in Newcastle and one in Durban. The BL fits into a normal garage and we push it in by hand. We are 2 people but the Boskriek sleeps 3 and the single bed provides convenient space on the inside. Never had an issue with sway but I always travel with the water tank - which is fitted at the back - full to reduce the weight on the tow bar. After almost 6 month of camping there are not even a rubber cap on a screw missing. Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ohalloran View Post
    Thanks for the write up, cleared a few things for me. I was also looking at both, Serval and the Kewer.

Will be doing a few mods ex Factory, busy going through a few thing, one I like the Porta Potty in the AS, looking to see if I can possible get in into the BL in the Front section by the Table. Might have to look at one big Battery, as 2 105AH cant fit in the back section.

The Gulf Wing door on the BL possible change to open from Left to right. Looking at pros and Cons on this.

Dont like the wood rack on the BL, looks cheap. Rather have a 100mm seconded box opening from inside to out. Store the sides and ground sheet.

Another Mod I would Like to make is replace the area where the Jerry Vans are, and replace by putting the 2 Gas Bottles in that space.

I dont need Jerry Cans. Any thoughts on this, I am waiting for the Factory to come back to me on this.

Dave
    Ive seen on the mods thread that a Kewer owner managed to get 2 105aH batteries in under the back seat which opened up the front seat for storage. I discussed this with BL but they felt there was downside to this arrangement perhaps too much heat? Iím not sure. One battery with enough capacity would be great but if that battery fails, there is no backup!

The second box on the nosecone sounds interesting. The only downside I can think of is access because one is likely to leave the lower stone protector blanket on in place all the time. For this reason I prefer side access.

moving the gas bottles around sounds like a good idea until you see what space you lose for longer items. The nosecone on the Goggss is really quite small.

I have done away with jerry cans which I would prefer to transport on my vehicle and have made the nosecone larger for storage. Improves the weight on the nose.

Enjoy Monday!

My Skipper Oyster is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    My Skipper Oyster is just fine
    Reading lessons 101... 😁
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

The newer models nose cones are not was deep as the old ones due to some regulation. The Boskriek I sold had larger nose cone boxes than my new Baobab but still fits two 5kg Cadac bottles.

..... Bush Lapa Boskriek 567 .....

Update one's signature 101 .....
    Leading: 2013 Hyundai iX35 R2.0 GLS/Elite CRDi 4WD Auto
    Trailing : 2017 Afrispoor Serval (arrived on time but with issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Wentzel View Post
    ..... Bush Lapa Boskriek 567 .....

Update one's signature 101 .....
    Just noticed your facetiousness.........thanks Vermin..
    Last edited by BruceHun; 2019/08/17 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohalloran View Post

Dave

Look at lithium ion LiFeYPO4 batteries, www.bluenova.co.za
    Quite a bit more expensive than lead acid deep cycle and even lead crystal, but will save you a lot of space and weight if comparing similar capacities.
    2x 105 Ah deep cycles will give you 100Ah usable capacity at 50% depth of discharge without trashing your batteries at around 50 - 60 kg of weight.
    This battery https://www.4x4andmore.co.za/product...bn13v-108-1-4k will give you the same 100 Ah capacity if you fully discharge it, but at only 15 kg and a much smaller size. Do 2x BlueNova batteries and only take them down to 50% and they'll last you a lifetime of camping.
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.
    You probably heard people saying Africa is not for sissies. Well, neither is it for wussy equipment.
    Man who dies with most gear wins!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5