"check 4wd" flashing on dash

Default "check 4wd" flashing on dash

Hi, I have issues with 4x4 selection on 250kb DC, 2004 model. Tried the reset on the sticky post, but 'check 4wd' remains lit on the dash. No movement either. Selecting 4h or 4L has no influence, except for briefly lighting 4h or 4L lights on the dash. Previously I noticed a tube running from the top of gearbox to the actuator. Somehow this pipe is now gone. Apparently it uses vacuum or pneumatic pressure to assist the reset or selection. I have a suitable pipe to replace, but can't find the nipple on the top of the gearbox. Will this tube help, what does it do? Where do I find the connection point? Or is something else amiss?

Default Re: "check 4wd" flashing on dash

I might be wrong here, but as far as I understand the vacuum pipe runs to the diff to engage diff lock and the 4x4 selector works with an actuator. If there is no mechanical movement when selecting 4x4 it could be the actuator that packed up or has a disconnected wire etc...

There is a way to troubleshoot this - just read through the sticky thread.

Does your diff lock work?
    Isuzu KB300 Dteq 4x4 - KB5

Alu-Cab | Awning | FR Roofrack | ARB Bumper | Camil suspension | Performance chip

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. Thatís why people with no sense of humor have such a strong sense of self-importance.

If you can find the actuator/ solenoid in the engine bay working on suction and electrics you can follow the pipes one should go to your rear diff for the difflock and the diff front and back if you have any of these missing the 4x4 system will not work or difflock. Replace any missing or broken frayed pipes with any good sealing hard rubber hose to avoid collapsing of the side wall. If you press the button and there is no sound of actuators moving it could be electrical I would start with the pipe and work from there. Afaik if the system is flashing it wants to engage but cannot complete the task thereby possibly eliminating the electrical possibility and probably pointing you to pneumatic/ suction pipes.
    Isuzu KB 250 4x4 D-teq OME suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Kleipot View Post
    Hi, I have issues with 4x4 selection on 250kb DC, 2004 model. Tried the reset on the sticky post, but 'check 4wd' remains lit on the dash. No movement either. Selecting 4h or 4L has no influence, except for briefly lighting 4h or 4L lights on the dash. Previously I noticed a tube running from the top of gearbox to the actuator. Somehow this pipe is now gone. Apparently it uses vacuum or pneumatic pressure to assist the reset or selection. I have a suitable pipe to replace, but can't find the nipple on the top of the gearbox. Will this tube help, what does it do? Where do I find the connection point? Or is something else amiss?
    I know which pipe you're talking about it's about 250mm long. It goes from the back of the electronic 4WD drive selector box to a small metal pipe on the top right of the gearbox, there's another on the left but that's a breather pipe.

I can get you pics later in the week, my gearbox is with my friend who is repairing my gearbox.