Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Default Re: Mitsubishi Problems!

What did you guys pay for a SCV? 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    What did you guys pay for a SCV? 3.2
    Have you tried cleaning and turning the SCV around. My 2012 4M41 Triton motor started acting up and the OBD scanner indicated SCV. I removed it, took it apart and cleaned it with petrol. Did not replace anything, just cleaned it. When I replaced it, I turned it 180 deg. I have now done 40000 km's and no problems at all, no ODB error cades at all.

Try it, could save you some cash.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 340 For This Useful Post:

Hi All

Last year i went to visit my Brother in Bots to help fix their vehicles. First up his 3.5 Paj had the coolant pipe in the lifter valley go bad and they blew the head gaskets. He then replaced them, the Paj started ran clattering and died. From then it would just crank pop off and nothing further.
    When i took it apart i noticed that the head gasket were thin steel gaskets like the 3.5 GDI motors use. Lack of clearance meant valves & pistons met with valves being bent. Had to get new gasket set, valves & pistons ex SA. All standard with minimal wear, pistons changed because valves moered the pistons hard enoug to pinc the rings.
    After the repairs were done his Paj is golden.
    Second Paj was his son in law's GDI 3.5 v6 (I know we dont have many running in SA but interesting non the less). It has a hemi head with the piston protruding about 60mm into the head. The engine was running very rough and had no power. Missfiring randomly on variou cylinders at any given time. Compression test showed good compression in the engine. Started stripping and found a special sludge from the depths of Hades. That stuff was like dried contact glue mixed with q bond!
    I pulled the engine amd at 380 000km there was minimal wear on the engine, bore had about 5 thou and crank abour 2 thou. Cleaned the entire thing inside and out, used abou 10 lt oven cleaner to get it clean. Refreshed the engine with new rings bearings and gasket set, bought in Francistown. After reassembling i blanked off the EGR system and she fired up and ran like a swiss watch. You could put a piece of paper over the oil cap hole and it would stay there. 0 blow by.
    Moral of the story #1 make sure of gaskets, in Bots you can't easily get the composite gaslets. On the v6 Mitsu engines make sure the coolant pipe in the lifter valley is not leaking. If you loose coolant but can't see it drip down thats likely the culprit. If you need to replace a head gasket there be sure it's the right one.
    #2 the EGR system runs exhaust gass back through the engine and on the GDI-type vehicles, petrol/diesel they gum up the intake and form a specifically horrid sludge in the engine. Get rid of the EGR as soon as the car is out of warranty.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Muller For This Useful Post:

Good evening guys.

I hope somebody can help My SWB gen 2 3L V6 is giving my grey hair. When on flat ground the vehicle performs as it should. As soon as i hit an incline the speed bleeds off and no response from the throttle leaving me crawling at 30km/h, untill the road evens out when it suddenly starts accelerating again. Reversing uphill kills the motor. Starts without any issues, no rough idling, standing in neutral will rev all the way to redline, very slow pull away though. New petrol pump, new spark plugs, new battery, new cam belt, new petrol filter and air filter. No leaks in fuel line. Any one got any ideas?

Shot in the dark but have you done a proper gearbox flush.Maybe even a faulty gearbox sensor?Picks up the load/strain of the uphill and goes into limp mode and then on level goes to normal.No expert just thinking what else it could be.Could be as simple as wrong or poor spec gearbox oil

Default Check pajero 3.2 Heater blender flap operating.

Visibly wants to check heater blender flap operating.

Good day everyone
    Not sure if I am asking this in the correct place.
    I have a gen 2 Colt 3L V6 12valve, the right side head bolt came loose around the center cylinder.
    I need to fix this but I first want to find out, is this an issue with these motors or could it have been not put together correctly if someone did take it apart.
    My second question is, would it be a good idea in rebuilding the motor and what other issues are common which I can change while fixing up the motor?

Regards

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11