Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Germiston
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 0

    Default Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    I currently drive a '08 Ford Bantam 1.3i as a daily run about, to work and home and the odd garden rubble dump on Saturdays. I however am looking at a bigger van and like the new Isuzu. I have looked at the KB250 extended cab as I don't need a double cab as I drive alone during the week and over weekends its only me and the Mrs. How do you guys find this vehicle as a daily drive and what fuel consumption can I expect for city driving?. I would prefer a van with a auto box, how is the KB auto? I travel about 60m's daily. Should I rather opt for the KB 300?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pierre van Ryneveld
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanked: 3657

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Hi FrikkaB,

    I have a 250Dteq but the 85kw version. The newer ones are the 100km 320Nm outputs.

    I stay in Pretoria and work in the East Rand - 110km daily drive. 80% Highway (R21)

    My average fuel consumption on the vehicles for 2017 is 13.6km/l with my best consumption being 14.4km/l and the worst 10.9km/l. I average about 110km/h-120km/h.

    I believe the 250 Extended cab only comes in a manual thus if you want to go the auto route you will have to look at the 300. Probably one of the prettiest vehicles on the road in my opinion. There are other manufacturers with higher power outputs but i believe these units will outlast most of them.

    I've driven the auto a few times. It is decent. Not as smooth as the box in the VW Amarok, but still a decent auto box. Only 5 speed which some people tend to see as a drawback.

    Have a look at the 250 X-Rider as well. Well specced at a descent price at the moment


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Hmmm i would drive both and see which u prefer, i much prefer the 300 especially in 4th.. But the fuel consumption is not as good as the 2.5 , i average 9km to the liter 4x4 with canopy and 6km a day start stop in traffic so thats probably the worst i will get
    Kb300 Dtec 4x4 ...let the mods begin
    2003 Kb300Tdi d/c lx 4x4 - sold
    GP0274 batmandiver




  5. The Following User Says Thank You to batman diver For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    171
    Thanked: 128

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Hi FrikkaB,

    I have a 250Dteq but the 85kw version. The newer ones are the 100km 320Nm outputs.

    I stay in Pretoria and work in the East Rand - 110km daily drive. 80% Highway (R21)

    My average fuel consumption on the vehicles for 2017 is 13.6km/l with my best consumption being 14.4km/l and the worst 10.9km/l. I average about 110km/h-120km/h.

    I believe the 250 Extended cab only comes in a manual thus if you want to go the auto route you will have to look at the 300. Probably one of the prettiest vehicles on the road in my opinion. There are other manufacturers with higher power outputs but i believe these units will outlast most of them.

    I've driven the auto a few times. It is decent. Not as smooth as the box in the VW Amarok, but still a decent auto box. Only 5 speed which some people tend to see as a drawback.

    Have a look at the 250 X-Rider as well. Well specced at a descent price at the moment
    Off topic sorry but I still can't fathom why my fuel consumption is so high on mine. The best I have ever got was just close to 11. It has been the biggest disappointment on my 3d Isuzu. The other two always got over 10, this one always gets just above 9. I have done all the tweaks and they made no difference, exhaust, EGR shut etc

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    potchefstroom
    Age
    42
    Posts
    529
    Thanked: 75

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Got a 2,8l 4x4 diesel isuzu. Get about 12km per liter. Very good offroad.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pierre van Ryneveld
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanked: 3657

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing1 View Post
    Off topic sorry but I still can't fathom why my fuel consumption is so high on mine. The best I have ever got was just close to 11. It has been the biggest disappointment on my 3d Isuzu. The other two always got over 10, this one always gets just above 9. I have done all the tweaks and they made no difference, exhaust, EGR shut etc
    Yes thats a bit strange. My brother has the same model as me just the 4x4. He gets between 10 and 11 but that is more city driving. My dad has the pre dteq KB300 and he also gets a good 12-13km/l. No smoke or anything strange on yours?


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,356
    Thanked: 165

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Quote Originally Posted by FrikkaB View Post
    I currently drive a '08 Ford Bantam 1.3i as a daily run about, to work and home and the odd garden rubble dump on Saturdays. I however am looking at a bigger van and like the new Isuzu. I have looked at the KB250 extended cab as I don't need a double cab as I drive alone during the week and over weekends its only me and the Mrs. How do you guys find this vehicle as a daily drive and what fuel consumption can I expect for city driving?. I would prefer a van with a auto box, how is the KB auto? I travel about 60m's daily. Should I rather opt for the KB 300?
    I must say if you not looking for the power, the kb250 110kw is a very nice drive.
    Fuel consumption is very good and the drive on the Isuzu Kb 250 and kb300 is far better than your Fortuner's. The KB300 last weekend towed my Frontier on a trailer back home. The KB300 averaged 11.5 with the trailer. We done about 170km one way. Towed in 4th the hole way.
    My Fortuner did not even get that consumption when it was stock standard.

    Isuzu is also going to grow well now that GM is giving up on SA.
    2010 Toyota Fortuner 2 4x4.
    2001 Isuzu KB320 Frontier 4x4.
    2012 Polo GT White with community sticker.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    kimberley
    Age
    49
    Posts
    67
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    Hi I have a 250 d teq 2016 give me 12 km/l cool ride

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Randfontein
    Age
    53
    Posts
    323
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Some advise needed from the Isuzu owners,KB250 \ 300

    The worst consumption I got was 5.5km/l towing a 2 ton foton up from PE to Jhb @ 120 with my 250 Dteq also very little in respect of breakdowns basically just maintenance.
    Last edited by bokvirsports; 2017/06/01 at 08:53 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •