Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints

Tara. There are many out here who really appreciate your wonderful service. Take heart. Nobody can keep everyone happy all the the time. I know you and your staff go the extra mile. Keep on smiling.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bushdreamer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bushdreamer View Post
    Tara. There are many out here who really appreciate your wonderful service. Take heart. Nobody can keep everyone happy all the the time. I know you and your staff go the extra mile. Keep on smiling.
    JIP !!

PArt of being good in business is to realise that you cant please everybody, and there comes a time to walk away from a "high maintenance" client. Wrap up your brief, and dont take on any new work from him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elders For This Useful Post:

Just returned from Mabua after 7 enjoyable days. The bookings was done by Tara and as usual everything was in order and permits were delivered well in advance. Tara has gone out of her way to help with bookings and I will continue to make use of her service.
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
    and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Look well therefore, to this day!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trapsuutjie For This Useful Post:

Tara, I have always found you and Botswana Footprints courteous, friendly and super efficient. I have booked with your company innumerable times, and as an author who travels around Southern Africa dealing with dozens of tour operators, travel agents, and trip facilitators, I have to say your service has been outstanding. In fact, I had to do a double take when I read the angry comments that initiated this thread. I will continue to be a faithful client of yours because you have always gone out of your way to help us on our trips through Botswana. Thank you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taraleegoosen View Post
    Of course not. You booked with us, we did your bookings perfectly and finalised everything for you and got your vouchers to you well before you traveled (by email and courier) and they were perfect. Not one single error in your booking or booking process. You called us threatening and shouting on numerous occasions (hence me having to quote the paragraph I send to clients when gathering vouchers - that we will not be bullied and that the process takes us time). You clearly stated you wanted nothing to do with us, then promptly emailed me as soon as you needed help. So no, I didn't feel I should reply after you stated you "wanted nothing to do with us anymore".

At the end of the day, there are many companies with proven records of taking clients money and disappearing. We are not one of them and we have never ever refused a refund when due, or taken clients money and not given them the bookings they need. We work hard for our clients and are reputable and trustworthy. If we do slip up (as we deal with many clients, dates and figures all day), then we always fix it. Never have my clients been left in Botswana without any bookings and nowhere to go. We may have failed on this occasion to send Theo his voucher, but I paid for another one from my own pocket - and got someone to drive it the 2 hours up to the park gate for him. We work day and night for your clients, weekends and public holidays. We might not do well on the phone after hours under pressure, and we may need to hire more staff - but we're aware of this and will work hard to fix it. The Mababe issues are at a head now and taking up a lot of our time, but it's important and we need to help - but this will not last long, and we'll be more free to train staff afterwards.
    We do many bookings a day, and our self drive section is not our biggest market - but we try our very hardest to get the campsites and routes clients would like and we fight daily with operators to get the right vouchers and paperwork needed to send to you. So if you do need help and would like to try us, please do. If there's someone else you would like to help, you're more than welcome - and if you wish to book yourselves, that's absolutely fine too. I take many calls a day from clients just asking advise (for free) and when I can and find a spare moment (in a bank queue or something) then I do come on here and give absolutely free advise to you all. That's all we can really do, we cant do much more than that.
    Tara ...I've never booked with you but I would in a flash just from the feedback received on this forum from people who contribute to the forum in meaningful ways, and from observing the delightful way in which you deal with people's enquiries!

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daveysmith For This Useful Post:

We arrived in Maun about a month ago, not really knowing which parks were accessible. I decided to track Tara down (nobody can hide in Maun). After finding her, she stopped what she was doing and updated me on current conditions. Both of us knew this was not going to lead to a business deal, yet she was prepared to spend half an hour sharing information.

When I need a booking agent in the future, she'll be the first person I'll call.
    Last edited by Hoffie; 2017/06/02 at 05:08 PM.
    FJ Cruiser
    Echo Kavango

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoffie For This Useful Post:

I must say reading this thread makes me very sad. I have personally booked and dealt with Tara and her team at Botswana footprints and received fantastic service!

I, like a few others, believe this should've been dealt with out of the public eye and view. This could have easily been resolved by private communication and saved everyone a lot of time and slander. I also think this would've been a more professional manner to handle the issue...

I find it sad that Tara has to spend wasted hours tracking this thread to try and defend her reputation, where out the of hundreds of threads only 2 are negative. I think anyone would gladly take that 99% success rate over the 2 negative comments!

Tara - I am sorry you have to go through this, but just know that 99% of us on this forum are behind you and your team and your incredible service! Keep up the good work and we look forward to booking with you soon!
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donlux For This Useful Post:

Does anyone remember having to go to DWNP in Maun to book your camping sites?
    Nobody in the office? Wrong booking? 10 vehicles to one campsite? Sorry nobody here today?
    Be happy that Tara can do all of your dirty work.
    This is Africa and if you want the best go to one of the lodges in the Delta I'm sure Tara could get a cheap rate of about $5000 USD a night per person.

I have also used Tara's booking service in the past. Very helpful and efficient. I would recommend, and have done so, her company for anyone wanting to avoid the frustration of doing their own bookings. Great service!
    Steve
    Jetta 2.0 TDI 2012
    Pajero 3.2 SWB 2009
    Jurgens Xcape
    Discovery II TD5 2004 (Sold)

Default Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints

Coming back to the flip file, what should be inside:

- Accommodation vouchers
    - Certified copies of travel companions passports as backup in case they misplaced theirs
    - spreadsheet with route, km and travel times
    - both vehicle original registration papers
    - proof of insurance

Ps passports kept somewhere else as they can slip out.

So what am I missing?

Leaving 24 June DV
    Last edited by KampGat; 2017/06/04 at 04:53 AM.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.<O</O

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KampGat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KampGat View Post
    Coming back to the flip file, what should be inside:

- Accommodation vouchers
    - Certified copies of travel companions passports as backup in case they misplaced theirs
    - spreadsheet with route, km and travel times
    - both vehicle original registration papers
    - proof of insurance

Ps passports kept somewhere else as they can slip out.

So what am I missing?

Leaving 24 June DV
    Here is our list :

Border -
    - ID's and passports
    - Vehicle papers
    - letter from insurance (it takes one email to your broker to get this)
    - sometimes they ask where you will be staying, dont think you need papers to prove it

Handy -
    - letter from your medical aid - email to your medical aid broker confirming your route and dates. Discovery provided us with a VERY nice letter confirming medical contact details for the area we will be traveling in.
    - Bank - not a document as such, but let them know your route and dates ... if you intend using your bank cards across the border.
    - We complied a document of what is where in the camper ... not nice to start hunting for that seldom used item, and not finding it ....

Travel -
    - confirmation of booking documents,
    - proof of payment !
    - contact details of the persons that confirmed that booking

Sure others will expand on this list.

ENJOY your trip !!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Elders For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donlux View Post
    I must say reading this thread makes me very sad. I have personally booked and dealt with Tara and her team at Botswana footprints and received fantastic service!

I, like a few others, believe this should've been dealt with out of the public eye and view. This could have easily been resolved by private communication and saved everyone a lot of time and slander. I also think this would've been a more professional manner to handle the issue...

I find it sad that Tara has to spend wasted hours tracking this thread to try and defend her reputation, where out the of hundreds of threads only 2 are negative. I think anyone would gladly take that 99% success rate over the 2 negative comments!

Tara - I am sorry you have to go through this, but just know that 99% of us on this forum are behind you and your team and your incredible service! Keep up the good work and we look forward to booking with you soon!
    I absolutely agree - I've always done my own DWNP bookings but decided to use BF this time just out of laziness on my part - and I was so pleased that I did. Tara an her team provide an excellent service and I am certainly going to make use of them in the future.
    I worked with the public for many years - sometimes a client/customer just needs to hear those two words...."You're fired!!!"

Ok, getting back to Tara. It seems that everyone uses Bots Footprints services. Everyone except me, that is...
    I sent Tara a booking request in late April and after initial prompt response that she would get back to me I've not had any contact from her or BF. I sent several follow-up emails and the BF phones never get answered. I'm not sure if I should rather book elsewhere or if she will get to me eventually since it does seem from this thread that she is quite busy ....

Any ideas? Tara?

[QUOTE=Vroommm;3620652]Ok, getting back to Tara. It seems that everyone uses Bots Footprints services. Everyone except me, that is...
    I sent Tara a booking request in late April and after initial prompt response that she would get back to me I've not had any contact from her or BF. I sent several follow

Try NDM!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vroommm View Post
    Ok, getting back to Tara. It seems that everyone uses Bots Footprints services. Everyone except me, that is...
    I sent Tara a booking request in late April and after initial prompt response that she would get back to me I've not had any contact from her or BF. I sent several follow-up emails and the BF phones never get answered. I'm not sure if I should rather book elsewhere or if she will get to me eventually since it does seem from this thread that she is quite busy ....

Any ideas? Tara?
    Okay let's try this - I will PM her a link to your post ....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elders For This Useful Post:

You cannot please all the people all the time, Keep going Tara, you have the majority support. The other couple of chaps can try booking through someone else. What's the bet they never come back to tell us how great the experience was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IRON HORSE View Post
    You cannot please all the people all the time, Keep going Tara, you have the majority support. The other couple of chaps can try booking through someone else. What's the bet they never come back to tell us how great the experience was!!!
    I'm trying my best to have a great experience like you but if I simply can't get hold of Tara or BF then I don't know. Contact is all I'm asking for ....

Quote Originally Posted by IRON HORSE View Post
    This is really not that helpful at all to someone whom is getting no replies or feedback . The chap is a bit worried about his bookings by the sound of it.
    And yes I have given great feedback about the service I have had from Tara on this forum, FB and personal recommendations to people trying to plan a trip.

O.K, Agreed, let's wait for some feedback from Tara.

Hi guys
    We are here! And yes, I am always busy (we have been working to get Mababe up and running and now have to help get the water/pumps etc up and going today so I've been in and out - as well as busy with Lodges/Mobiles). However, my ladies are here and doing bookings. Our telephone numbers are on my email signatures and on my website, it's easy for you to pick up and call for an update, you're welcome to anytime.
    Thank you!
    Tara

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast