Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints

For my recent trip I made use of a booking agent named Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints situated in Maun.

From the outset 6 moths ago I had concerns about slow response times that later developed into a crisis to receive the original vouchers and more importantly the Parks Board Permits by courier - we received it just in time assuming everything was in the envelope that was mailed to us!

What was shocking was the amount of errors and lack of two permits in the envelope and with time running out we started the journey.

Our permits were wrong for Kaa gate and Central Kalahari. The permits for Moremi and Xnai not there !

A phone call by a very friendly Mr Nare (South Gate) trying to solve our predicament with Tara Flory was met from her side by abusive language, very bitchy and unprofessional behavior - when I took over the phone she just carried on like a rocket with no control.

Tara Flory and her firm Botswana Footprints needs to be avoided or seriously and meticulously managed - I am sure there are better booking agents - or diy like previously.

Default Re: Tara Flory - Botswana Footprints

Theo, was al jul plekke darem bespreek? Behalwe vir die permitte, was daar enige issues met die besprekings?

Ek vra aangesien ons 'n bespreking deur Tara gedoen het vir Aug/September. Sover was haar diens uitstekend. (Ons finale betaling sal eers in Junie gemaak word, dus het ons nog geen permitte nie).
    Stephan

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Wow, if this is the Tara I know and the Tara I've used and recommended so many times and to so many people, it is very strange.

Tara only gave me the best advice and service for years now and I would still use and recommend her anytime.
    -

Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto
    (Tough Dog Suspension / Frontrunner Roofrack and some more goodies...)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sniper For This Useful Post:

Ooo this is going to be interesting.

This thread comes to mind, posts 5 -8: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...uy-from-London
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Certainly NOT the typical feedback regarding Tara.

Look at how hard she worked a few weeks back to keep everybody posted about licensing issues for some camps ...

Over the years she has done a LOT to help people on this forum.

That said, Botswana is a "different" country !!!!! Get your paperwork RIGHT, keep copies on the ready !! We have had a couple of issues with reservations, and when you show up they dont know of you - until you show proof of payment and confirmation of booking ... suddenly a space opens up .... NOTE - these issues were our own bookings, NOT done by Tara. Seems to be a pattern with the actual camp operators.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elders For This Useful Post:

Theo- sorry that you had an unfortunate experience. I would like to say that I, like many others on this forum, have booked with Botswana Footprints for years.. on numerous occasions. I have dealt directly with Tara and have found her service to be impeccable, her correspondence courteous and have never had any problems with bookings or vouchers. I always double-check everything, but that is certainly no reflection on Tara. I do this habitually wherever we travel.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lin29 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lin29 View Post
    Theo- sorry that you had an unfortunate experience. I would like to say that I, like many others on this forum, have booked with Botswana Footprints for years.. on numerous occasions. I have dealt directly with Tara and have found her service to be impeccable, her correspondence courteous and have never had any problems with bookings or vouchers. I always double-check everything, but that is certainly no reflection on Tara. I do this habitually wherever we travel.
    Same here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oradba69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Vermaak View Post
    A phone call by a very friendly Mr Nare (South Gate) trying to solve our predicament with Tara Flory was met from her side by abusive language, very bitchy and unprofessional behavior - when I took over the phone she just carried on like a rocket with no control.
    Was this Tara, or perhaps an employee in the Office that answered the phone ?

And what was the "Abusive Language" ? F-Bombs being dropped, or just not something you wanted to hear, like "To Bad so Sad" ?

I have only had good experiences with Tara and Botswana Footprints. Tara is clearly very busy and often replies to email very late at night - but she has never let me down!
    2015 Land Rover Defender 110 (Sadly sold )
    2020 Land Rover Defender 110 (On order )
    Instagram: african_rover
    Twitter: african_rover

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulMark For This Useful Post:

I have also only had great service from Botswana Footprints in the past. Not just Tara, but also Mendi.
    Everybody needs to believe in something.... I believe I will have another Beer!

Travel Blog: https://since1652.wordpress.com/

https://www.instagram.com/since1652travel/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Papsak For This Useful Post:

We're having our first dealings with Tara now - well my wife is, I just gave my wife her details from the forum, and so far so good. Ive seen the hard work Tara has put in on this forum, whilst im sure still dealing with hundreds of emails each day as well!

Sad to read this. Will be interested to see the outcome.
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8
    1999 Nissan Patrol 4.2D

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with us Theo. We do hundreds and hundreds of bookings every month. It's inevitable (my office ladies are human) that once or twice we will overlook something. We paid in full for all your bookings (even though you did do changes and additions through the process) and sent the bookings to you on courier. We have a receipt from National Parks that all vouchers were paid for so frantically looked all over the office when one of your party said you were missing a voucher. My lady that does vouchers does up to 50 at a time, so we do need to check and check again. We had a receipt for it, so presumed you had it. You had no problem with any of your campsite bookings - it's just the National Park Entry permits that you had trouble with.

When at the Park Gate, the DWNP official called and (unprofessionally) said in front of our clients that this is the second time we had messed up permits that week (it was not - the previous clients he was talking about were from an agent who didn't give them their original vouchers - we had sent them to him - not our fault) and so my argument with the park official was more about how we have worked so well together for over 5 years and he should not talk badly about us in front of you (if they ever have any concerns about our vouchers, they call us and we go to the Maun office to show copies to the staff there, who then forward to the gates - we cant be responsible for clients actually taking our vouchers to the gates or not, it's out of our hands once we courier them to you).

He should not have been talking badly about us on the phone, in front of clients, and so my argument with him was not about you or your bookings. I was asking him not to talk about us to you in that way. I told him that I would go to the Maun office with copies and show them to the official there - (as yes, it was our fault that you did not have them with you, as they were not in your envelope you say- but it should not have been such a big issue as the official made it out to be, and should never have been a fight). I never swore at you or called you any sorts of names, there was no abusive language at all. I actually don't swear by nature although I am very fiesty I guess, typical woman I think. I told you that we would sort it out between us and the DWNP Maun office and you will be fine - but you kept saying that the official says we do this often and twice this week and I must not fight with him on the phone, and I just talk and talk and natter and natter and dont give anyone else time to talk or any solution (me going to the Maun office, was the solution) but you wouldn't listen.

National Park permits should not have been such a big issue as it escalated to. I could have just driven to the Maun office and they would have called him to authorise the entry, you should not have been affected or upset in any way. The discussion between the Park official and I was what you were mostly angry about - but I found him to be unprofessional in talking badly about us in front of our clients and I still stand by that.

We have been very very snowed under this last couple months with the closure of the Mababe Campsites. It's taking up all my time and I have hundreds and hundreds of clients booked with nowhere to go. So I am very very emotional at the moment (although none of that is our fault either) and very on edge. So I apologise if I said anything to upset you. I was not in the office, but in a very heated meeting about the campsites at the time and although not an excuse, I feel that it compacted negatively at the time. So I do apologise for that. We should not have missed the fact that you had a missing voucher, this was our fault but I really dont think it should have come to this. We sincerely apologise for this.

20. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

neither we had never issues with Botswanafootprints since Years, my advise start early as possible to plan your trip so you have enough time when there are little problems to resolve !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JanCoene For This Useful Post:

Always more than one side to a story. Thank you Tara for a good response.

I also still stand that I will still make use of and recommend Tara's services in the future.
    -

Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto
    (Tough Dog Suspension / Frontrunner Roofrack and some more goodies...)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper For This Useful Post:

Tustin, your response is uncalled for.

We cannot just hear the good. Because the bad is invariably everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Always more than one side to a story.
    Well, technically there are always three sides to story. We only have 2 of those sides........

I must just add my voice of support for Tara and her team. We have always found her very helpful and efficient (and recieved our, correct, vouchers this week for our up and coming trip. I would certainly continue recommend Botswana footprints.

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Well, technically there are always three sides to story. We only have 2 of those sides........
    What ever, two side three sides

I know whose side I am on

Tara, keep up the good work and a word of advice from an old business man

trying to keep all the people happy all the time is the road to bankruptcy
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:

Whatever the merits or otherwise of the complaint, Tara does not deserve to have any damage done to her business reputation. I have dealt with her on a few occasions, met her personally in Maun and will continue to vouch for her service and for her as a person.
    She has apologized and explained. I hope potential clients appreciate that the whole saga of the Community Campsites has snowed her under and yes perhaps a crack or two has showed.
    Her depth of knowledge of Botswana and her ability to offer alternatives is unequaled in the industry. She understands both her product from personal experience, and the needs of her clients very well. She is even able to advise you of the best campsites at a venue for your purposes.
    Last edited by Stan Weakley; 2017/05/24 at 02:05 PM.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast