Introduction, Tips and advice for Botswana

Thumbs up Introduction, Tips and advice for Botswana

Good day to all

My name is Andreas Dett

I work overseas on the seas, but my love for the African adventure is second to none.
    I have a trip into Botswana (my third now) end of this month, specifically to the CKGR, I am entering from the Western gate and spending 9 days in the park exiting via the Eastern gate. I would please like any tips/Advice on meats,fruit etc allowed through at the border (Pioneer gate). Also how is the fuel and water situation from Pioneer gate to Ghanzi as that will be my last place to "top-up" everything.
    I am Traveling in just one vehicle with myself and one other, so any tips and advice i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Safe journeys

Default Re: Introduction, Tips and advice for Botswana

Welcome to the forum.

For better results I suggest posting your questions in the Botswana Section.

The situation at the border is fluid i.e. often changes without notice. Ghanzi has some good meat (Ghanzi Butchery being the place to head to) as well as general supermarkets for veggies so why not support the local economy?

Fuel available in Lobatse, Kanye, Jwaneng, Kang and Ghanzi so your route to Ghanzi is covered.

Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by TimmoBW; 2017/05/12 at 04:36 PM.

Talking Re: Introduction, Tips and advice for Botswana

Thank you very much for your response. I am very new to forums and didn't know where to introduce myself and to ask questions so thank you.

I do intend to get most of my meat and vegis from Ghanzi and also stop in D'Kar to see the bushmen, i've heard that is a good place to interact?

Yes, D'Kar is a good place to interact with bushmen. I suggest staying at Dqae Qare www.dqae.org as the whole farm, accommodation etc is run by the community.

To be honest it is a little run down and I personally would just camp and only for 1 night, I don't recommend the B&B.

It's not badly run down though and very worthwhile to support the community, and the farm has some great drives.

we have already planned our nights where to stay. First night from JHB we are staying at Kang ultra lodge, Second at Grasslands bushmen lodge and then into the park. I will keep it in mind however for next time

Quote Originally Posted by Sea2Sand View Post
    Good day to all

My name is Andreas Dett

I work overseas on the seas, but my love for the African adventure is second to none.
    I have a trip into Botswana (my third now) end of this month, specifically to the CKGR, I am entering from the Western gate and spending 9 days in the park exiting via the Eastern gate. I would please like any tips/Advice on meats,fruit etc allowed through at the border (Pioneer gate). Also how is the fuel and water situation from Pioneer gate to Ghanzi as that will be my last place to "top-up" everything.
    I am Traveling in just one vehicle with myself and one other, so any tips and advice i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Safe journeys

Welcome Andreas
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:
    Public Campsites/4x4 Hire /Lodges/Park Permits/ Private Camps/namibia Camps
    Safari Activities/Game Drives/Transfers/Scenic Flights/House Boats/vic Falls

Email 1: [email protected] - CHAWA [Cell: +267 76702579]
    Email 2: [email protected] - [Cell: +267 76702602 ]
    Tel:+267 6800264
    https://www.facebook.com/NDMTravel/