Trailblazers - Who has the highest odo reading?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trailblazers - Who has the highest odo reading?

Hi All,

So I have decided that I am 100% happy with the TB and that I am probably going to drive it for long still (at least 5 more years). So with this in mind, it would be great to know if there are any people out there with TBs that have high mileage? Anyone over 200 000km?

What can we expect looking forward, particularly info around long-term reliability and maintenance cost?

Mine: 2013 2.8 LTZ Manual - 63 213km - no real issues to report (I bought it with 18 000km on the clock in Oct 2015, so that is about 45 000km in 18 months for me so far)

Update: 74300km as at 20 September 2017

Update: 84 800km on 8 Jan 2018

Notable events/additions:

1. at around 25000km, the battery burst/cracked close to Sollitaire in Namibia. All tests from different GM (including the one in Swakop) showed the alternator charging normally, consensus is that the one cell of the battery "collapsed". car was 3 years old at the time.

2. Fitted a new set of tyres (Pirelli Scorpion A/T) at 44000km - 20 000km further and still happy

3. When fitting the tyres, I was told that the front shocks need replacement. I have since taken the car to two different assessment centres and consensus is the shocks are still fine. But the factory shocks are expensive, so when I replace I will replace with something like AmadaXtreme or Ironman (shocks only, coils a=will be fine)

4. I also experience wind noise around the driver window/door. From others on here it seems as if a set of wind deflectors will do the trick. i was quoted R2600 for a full set of four.

5. In December I had an incident where the revs would suddenly jump very high and fall again. Went straight to GM dealer, computer showed a Low Range engagement. Till this day it has never happened again and we don't really know what caused this, as the car was most definitely not in LR.

6. Extras fitted: Full size spare wheel (fits neatly under my car), Escape Gear seat covers, Frontrunner Slimline II roof rack.

7. Wishlist: Rhino replacement bumper, suspension.

8. The window mechanism and front left window was replaced in 2017.

I am very very happy with my TB.
    Last edited by Groenman; 2018/01/08 at 11:06 AM.
    Stephan
    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Default Re: Trailblazers - Who has the highest odo reading?

Mine: 2013 3.6 LTZ 4x4 auto - 58695km - no issues at all to report (I bought it 24000km on the clock in Jul 2015, so that is about 34000km in 21 months for me so far)

Planning to drive it another 26 months or 40000km whichever occurs first.

Really enjoy this car, still looking forward to each trip.
    -Tobie-
    -----------------------------------------------
    '18 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited 4x4 Auto
    '17 Ford Kuga 1.5T Trend Auto
    '18 Jurgens XT65B
    -----------------------------------------------

Somerset West near Cape Town South Africa

Mine is only at 43100 km, I bought it with 19,000 on the clock. I am so happy with mine, its a brilliant vehicle. I love driving it and so does my son when he comes over from UK.
    2013 Chev Trailblazer 2.8 4x4 auto.

Hallo Groenman,

My 2013 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MAN now on 135 000 km. Various small items were replaced during warranty term, recalls etc., nothing serious. Last item replaced under warranty was alternator on 119 000 km. However, over the past month I have had to replace both front CV seals, Idler Pulley, Belt Tensioner, Fan Belt and various seals on Transfer Case and Gearbox. I also fitted new brake pads all-around (from agents), as well as shock absorbers ( again, from agents). I also fitted a full set of Cooper AT3's (which I will report on in time after some usage). As you can imagine all of this was a rather painfull R 35 000. I do have an extended warranty with Unitrans but all in they only covered R 2 500 from the above.( I have a lingering concern that the agent has now confirmed several times that the diff / gearbox and transfer case all uses 75 w 90, whereas the OM states Dexron 111 for the gearbox and Dexron V1 for transfer case?).

My faith in the TB is only slightly dented - I accept that costs will come with mileage. I do have a sense that the engine and running gear has the potential for high mileage.

My gripes with the TB are not many but they are:

* Plastics. I have cured many rattles with Pratleys Putty and well-hidden self-tappers,
    * Wind noise around mirrors,
    * The radio / cd - not the best,
    * A motor that is very gruff and unhappy under 2000 rpm, especially accelerating from about 1500 rpm (2nd and 3rd gear, mostly around town). It all smooths out wonderfully from 2000 rpm but this is also where torque peak sits. My D4D Fortuner pulled cleanly from tick-over,
    * I am at best a recreational off-roader but would still have liked a diff-lock.

The positives for me:

* Space,
    * Good performance,
    * Fuel consumption. December I did round-trip Ballito - Polokwane - Kruger - Lowveld - San Lameer - Ballito. 6 People + bigish Town & Country Trailer. Consumption (calculated, not trip computer ) avg. was 10.8 Km/L. 40 KM/H in Kruger and 140 KM/H for long stretches on open road. Better than my ex-Fortuner D4D unloaded. I do not think anything else in this class will do better.

My only extra's a set of Hella Spots and Escape Gear Covers.

I have also bought an original 18" mag with tyre, deflated it and fitted as a spare. Just run around with two canisters of Quickfix in the boot, that will get me to the nearest air. On long trips I pack my compressor anyway.

I have to state that I bought the TB 2 years ago 2nd hand with 70 000 km. My decision was based on a one-owner history with all services up-to-date at same dealer. These days I am happy for the 1st owner to take the hit on depreciation. I could have found lower mileage vehicles but this one was pristine.

I believe that most of my niggles have been attended to in the latest TB. I am sure Roelf will keep us informed.( I will also wait for him to sell his !? ).

The acid test should always be - will I buy one again. Easy answer - YES.

Enjoy your TB'S.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Jaconell. I am now going to update my original post with more detail as well, this can help potential buyers a lot. Your post also helps as I now know what I will be asking the dealer to check while the car is still under warranty...
    Stephan

Hallo Groenman & others,

It would be very good to keep this thread alive as an advisory - especially to TB owners nearing the end of their warranties. If knowing what to look for lots of costs can be avoided directly post 120 000 km.

What I do find very positive is the relative lack of complaints around the TB. And there are certainly enough on our roads by now to have flagged any serious issues. I do not know of any engine or gearbox failures? Hope this indeed the case.

Have a good weekend,

Jaco

We have a 2013 2.8LTZ 4x4. Sitting on 98,000km. Fully serviced by agents. Never needed oil topping up between services. Ave fuel consumption approx 11.5km/lt on mixed use. Been through some moderate off roading and through Lesotho a few times with no issues with traction etc. Tows an XT140 with plenty of power to overtake. No gearbox or engine issues. All issues to date were sorted by agents at no cost under warranty. Planning on taking the TB to 110,000km and trade in for another TB. The drivetrain on this car is beefy, just look at the rear diff...so I don't expect any failures any time soon. Love this car.
    Only items replaced at my cost to date is a battery and front brake pads.
    Last edited by Gav.S; 2017/05/05 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Hallo Groenman & others,

It would be very good to keep this thread alive as an advisory - especially to TB owners nearing the end of their warranties. If knowing what to look for lots of costs can be avoided directly post 120 000 km.

What I do find very positive is the relative lack of complaints around the TB. And there are certainly enough on our roads by now to have flagged any serious issues. I do not know of any engine or gearbox failures? Hope this indeed the case.

Have a good weekend,

Jaco
    Agree 100%. How do we get this to be made a sticky?
    Stephan

Groenman,

No idea - I believe you need to ask Dirk?

Cheers,

Jaco

Hi all. I have just bought a 2013 2.8 ltz 4x4 auto. It's sitting on about 98000km. I am very happy with it, drives well, very comfortable, looking forward to taking it offroad! I'm planning on adding quite a lot of mileage so I will update on any issues.
    One thing I have noticed is that the fuel gauge seems to act up when I have a full tank. Sometimes I start up and it goes to half full, then takes about 15 mins to go to full. I don't know if this is typical behavior, anyone ease noticed this? It doesn't seem to be a major problem and doesn't do it all the time. Going to ask about it at the next service.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew4x4 For This Useful Post:

Hi Drew. Welcome to the TB club.

My fuel gauge has done exactly that on two occasions, months apart. I have no idea why, it had no effect on anything and I actually forgot to ask the dealer when the car went in. Please let us know what they said
    Stephan

Howzit!

Mine now has 80500kms. 2013 LTZ 2.8 Manual 4x4. Love this car. Had issues with flashing error the screen relating to 4x4 system and ESP, but was sorted out at last by having the 4x4 selector switch replaced. Also in it for the long hall. Going camping this weekend with two mates, both with TBs.

And yes, I have recovered a Fortuner on a sandy 4x4 route on the West Coast. My father asked me nicely not to take a pic.

Many more happy kilometres to you all!
    2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MT

Photography : https://500px.com/c0rn3llman5

My girlfriend asked me to whisper 4 special words into her ear... so I said : "Ons gaan NOU braai!"

I suppose my 4000 doesn't qualify yet

Hi All

I bought my 2013 Trailblazer three ears ago with 40 000km on the clock and it's on 132 000km now. Never had major issues but only the fuel gage also sticking and not showing the fuel ben put in but GM sorted it as they plugged it in and did something to the software and it's sorted now.

I bought a extended service plan till 2019 or 198 000km from GM for R23 000 and still want to extend my warranty also.

My fuel consumption is between 11km/l and 12km/l at an average travelling speed of 120km to 140km per hours.

I cannot complain a bit as I travel long distances allot and it's a comfortable ride with enough torque.

I want to take out the catalectic converter and install a free flow and will keep you informed of the outcome.

Thanks Guys
    Cheers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TrailBlazer2.8LTZ For This Useful Post:

Any new updates here? Roelf I would like to know what your odo is at, seeing that you seem to be driving a lot.

Do you guys think an extended service plan and warranty is worth it? Mine is nearing its last service under plan and the 5 years on the warranty is also almost up, so I have to start making some decisions?
    Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    Any new updates here? Roelf I would like to know what your odo is at, seeing that you seem to be driving a lot.

Do you guys think an extended service plan and warranty is worth it? Mine is nearing its last service under plan and the 5 years on the warranty is also almost up, so I have to start making some decisions?
    Mine is on 15,200 now. Had its first service last week. They updated the software to a better rear park distance control version and improved front window calibration. They also applied water insulation coating to the front window winder modules. All of those were service updates.

A service plan is simply paying forward for the services and not essential. A warranty is a different story and most often better to purchace before your current one expires.

2013 model now on almost 66000km
    '65 Jeep Wagoneer
    SOA conversion
    Work in progress....

https://www.facebook.com/Honingklip-...6324709414350/

Sjoe julle ry min. 2014 op 84,000km.
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

Hi

My Trailblazer is on 155 540km when I stopped at client this morning.

Will keep you updated.

Regards,
    Last edited by TrailBlazer2.8LTZ; 2018/01/08 at 10:48 AM.

My car is going in for the 90 000km major service next week.The 5 year maintenance plan is also expiring in May. (I am looking at getting an extended warranty - I know it was discussed on another thread). From this forum I am going to ask them to check the following:

Alternator
    CV Seals
    Idler Pulley
    Belt Tensioner
    Fan Belt
    Seals

(many of these will be wear and tear so not covered by the warranty I suppose).

Is there anything significant that I am missing that i should be checking before the factory warranty expires?
    Stephan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast