Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jan Kempdorp
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 2

    Default Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Good day

    I am looking to buy campsites for the following nights from someone who is willing to sell their booking:

    Savuti 2 Aug 2018
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018

    We are doing a Mabua/Moremi/Chobe and Vic falls trip and those dates are the only ones fully booked.

    We are now on the waiting list, any idea of our chances of just pitching and there might be space?

    Regards

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,758
    Thanked: 963

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Nielvaneeden View Post
    Good day

    I am looking to buy campsites for the following nights from someone who is willing to sell their booking:

    Savuti 2 Aug 2018
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018

    We are doing a Mabua/Moremi/Chobe and Vic falls trip and those dates are the only ones fully booked.

    We are now on the waiting list, any idea of our chances of just pitching and there might be space?

    Regards
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018 - 2 times - why?

    As for just pitching, Linyanti might work, often people book and don't make the destination due to circumstances.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jan Kempdorp
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Linyanti 3 Aug 2018 - 2 times - why?

    As for just pitching, Linyanti might work, often people book and don't make the destination due to circumstances.
    Sorry second one is 4 August! And that is great to hear!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    55
    Posts
    524
    Thanked: 192

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    As for just pitching, Linyanti might work, often people book and don't make the destination due to circumstances.
    Just pitching is really not so nice. If you have booked a campsite a year in advance to be there all on your own, it is not nice to see somebody else there. Sometimes people just show up. Sometimes they are allowed to stay because there is no time to drive back in daylight. But the result is that someone who has properly booked a year in advance will have to share his campsite. Just read all the complaints about that here on the forum.
    Regards,
    Hans

    http://www.wildpicture.com/

    Overland trips with rented 4x4's in South Africa, Botswana, Nambia, Zimbabwe, Zambia
    (Toyota Hilux DC, Landrover Defender 110)
    1999-2005 Suzuki Jimny JLX 4x4
    2016- Suzuki Jimny JLX 4x4

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildpicture For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jan Kempdorp
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpicture View Post
    Just pitching is really not so nice. If you have booked a campsite a year in advance to be there all on your own, it is not nice to see somebody else there. Sometimes people just show up. Sometimes they are allowed to stay because there is no time to drive back in daylight. But the result is that someone who has properly booked a year in advance will have to share his campsite. Just read all the complaints about that here on the forum.
    Believe me i wont share a site with someone, we are on the waiting list so if by then we dont have one or could buy one ill take the time to drive early enough that if there isnt one open that we can still leave again.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,758
    Thanked: 963

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpicture View Post
    Just pitching is really not so nice. If you have booked a campsite a year in advance to be there all on your own, it is not nice to see somebody else there. Sometimes people just show up. Sometimes they are allowed to stay because there is no time to drive back in daylight. But the result is that someone who has properly booked a year in advance will have to share his campsite. Just read all the complaints about that here on the forum.
    I think you misread that post.

    What I am saying is that there are camp sites for the purpose (overflow) and if there are some "no-shows" then you can inherit such a place.
    In Linyanti the sites are all well spaced so your argument does not apply.

    I am not talking about "sharing" a camp site - not at all.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town but often on the road...
    Posts
    94
    Thanked: 54

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Hi Neil,

    Just stay on the waiting list, it is far in advance and people will cancel or not pay and you will get your booking. Don't rock up without a paid booking, if it is full the camp WILL turn you away. And because Savute is so full nowadays, a lot of people go stay at Linyanti, and July/August they are full too.


    Good luck

    Lizette

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,707
    Thanked: 639

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Nielvaneeden View Post
    Believe me i wont share a site with someone, we are on the waiting list so if by then we dont have one or could buy one ill take the time to drive early enough that if there isnt one open that we can still leave again.
    Hi Niel,

    This is a great trip you have planned, maybe you are rushing Savute with only one night.

    What you plan to do regarding your lack of bookings for Savute and Linyanti might not be possible. If you consider that getting to both Savuti and Linyanti will take a loooong time. You then wait till you are sure that there is an open site. The staff at the gates don't have the complete bookings list and generally will help if at all possible but that does not guarantee that a "booked" site owner won't arrive at the site at say 17h00, so when do you make a call that you have to leave? The question is then also leave to where?

    The overflow sites? Well that is what they are meant to be! If everyone just rocked up because there might be am overflow site then you will have chaos. No booking, then sorry don't just pitch up.

    Keep your name on the list also ask NDM or Bots Footprints to help.

    Instead of buying, maybe you should adjust your request to rather find out if there is someone who would share their site and costs with you. There are connotations to the word "buy". Changes should actually be officially confirmed with the operator/parks.

    I recall once that a booking that was taken over by someone else led to a huge disagreement because the fees paid on the receipt were not correct and the "new" owner was turned away (I must say that he had an atttiude and pi--ssed the parks guy off). Botswana Citizens/Residents/SADC pay different rates.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jan Kempdorp
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Savuti/Linyanti Booking Needed Aug2018

    I appreciate all the opinions! I have since been informed by skl that we now have bookings for the first night at Savute and Linyanti so we are only on the list for the second night at both!!

    Looks like we should be fine!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nielvaneeden For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •