Accommodation recommendation pls

Default Accommodation recommendation pls

Hi all

I am very unfamiliar with the area. My folks, my wife and I will be spending a week in Mapungubwe in July. We're staying outside Louis Trich in the mountains for 2 nights on the way to the park (driving from JHB). But we want to book one or two nights on the way back - somewhere around abouts half way, west of the N1 would be nice. We like the bush, scenery, quiet and birding. No camping on this trip, but self-catering is what we're looking for. Where are the must-see, must-stay places west of Mokopane or Bela Bela?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Tx!

Michael
    Michael
    2007 Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    2013 Fiat 500 1.2 (Luigi - an offroader at heart - bullies the Pajero in the garage)

Every statement I make comes with the proviso that I don't know what i'm talking about.

“It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” – Hugh Laurie

Default Re: Accommodation recommendation pls

Google Nylsvley, very good birding and they have self catering chalets

Default Re: Accommodation recommendation pls

Quote Originally Posted by zebras View Post
    Google Nylsvley, very good birding and they have self catering chalets
    Excellent, tx will do.
    Michael
    2007 Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    2013 Fiat 500 1.2 (Luigi - an offroader at heart - bullies the Pajero in the garage)

Every statement I make comes with the proviso that I don't know what i'm talking about.

“It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” – Hugh Laurie