Engine knock 2009 Isuzu Deq 2.5 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Engine knock 2009 Isuzu Deq 2.5

I changed the rubber hoses even though they did not look suspect but they were too loose for my liking.

But after reading my own post I rechecked my (son did this dirty deed) work, This is what happens if more than one person is busy with the same thing and you are pre-occupied with other things etc.

Long story short when we tested the plugs that go into the Fuel pressure regulator and the Suction control valve to ensure correct voltages the probes of the test leads forced the lugs open too wide and caused the plugs not to make contact with the pins.

The bakkie still goes into limp mode every now and then but I am sure that after replacing the lugs with new ones or replacing the plugs on the regulators I am going to be one happy chappy

Just goes to show that no matter what you do there is always something small that you can miss and can make you chase your own tail. All I can say is check and check again and keep score of what you do and the processes you follow retracing your footsteps might just give you your answer.

Thanks for the advice and making me rethink my actions.
    Isuzu KB 250 4x4 D-teq OME suspension

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your Suzi is now back to normal.
    Jaco

Isuzu KB300 DMax D/C 4x4 3" Homemade lift, Bosvark LFR Radio and free-wheel hubs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jp_bez For This Useful Post:

Sorry for the long post but I am just trying to eliminate unnecessary speculation and explain the symptoms as clear as possible.

My limp mode is not entirely fixed. I started by replacing the SCV, which gave me a bit of a boost because the response on pullaway is a bit better and the vehicle is more responsive. The engine stalling when coming to a stop or slowing down for a turn has stopped. I still had the vehicle going into limp mode fixed by making sure all electrical connections were correct which was actually caused by myself when testing the voltages. Taking it to someone who supposedly was an expert didn't help, the emphasis is on the "was" an expert. So I fixed some of the issues myself some part of the limp mode problem and some caused by the "expert" who left me with a bunch of loose pipes and wires after looking at the vehicle for me. Very positively I must say I could do the checking thanks to some common sense, patience, time and THIS Forum and its members.

My limp mode is now of a different nature and even though I have just bought the original fuel filter from GM which I will be installing today hoping to put the issues to bed (possible Filter restriction and fuel starvation) I can't help but thinking it is something else.

My symptoms are: The limp mode only happens when the vehicle has reached operating temperature, when cold there is NO hint of trouble or issues, starting one shot not even waiting for the glow plugs to warm up. Pulls like a dream in all gears even my pullaway hesitation is gone, performance is better than it was before the SCV was replaced. (This SCV replacement and added performance could also mean more fuel which could lead to the ECU not being happy in its current state of parameters.) Maybe a software reflash or similar.

The limp mode happens mostly and only when I do the following only after reaching operating temperature): after a long trek on a highway or long stretch of road when the engine had to work a little bit harder to perform. Or when I push the revs past 3000 or pushing the engine a little harder to perform a bit or when coming to a stop and using the engine as braking aid. When limp mode starts to occur I can switch off wait approximately 7 seconds and restart and the limp mode goes away (engine light still on) I can then drive cautiously for a kilometre or so and switch off and restart and the check engine light will disappear, when restarting the vehicle and playing with the pedal the first push of the pedal almost feels as if the pedal doesn't respond like it should but then corrects itself. I do have to play with the throttle right away when starting otherwise the limp mode returns most of the time. This says it could be TPS but......

The reason I do not think it is the TPS is that it happens at operating temperature only and therefor I am thinking EGR. I have read about limp mode on other cars being caused by EGR but only at operating temperature.

Sorry just to add one last item which definitely isolates or enhances the problem is that the higher the day temperature the more frequent the limp mode and the more difficult it is to keep it running smoothly even though I would be driving very conservatively.

Your thoughts on this.

I will post results after replacing the filter today. IF anything changes. KMS on the vehicle 260k
    Last edited by bokvirsports; 2017/08/02 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Addition

Filter did not do the trick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2