Hilux REVO LED Projectors & Foglights Conversion How to

Default Hilux REVO LED Projectors & Foglights Conversion How to

Hi guys,

I've recently successfully done a LED projector conversion on my 2017 Hilux REVO 2.8 GD Raider DC.

This was using genuine Toyota parts as come standard fitted on the SR5 overseas.

Ive had quite a few people asking me about it so I hope it helps.

Is it difficult to do: No, you will need basic tools and all the kit you will need is plug and play. The difficult part is taking the bumper off which is easy once you know what tabs to push, there are no manuals so for me was trail and error getting the body parts off without breaking them. Im an engineer and have about 10 years wrenching experience with dirtbikes, superbikes and cars so easy for me might mean something different to you. I thought some of the parts came with the kit which they dont. Im saving you the guess work as my car was out of commission for a week while I discovered parts that weren't included, but needed. Thankfully I got those locally from Toyota as the Fortuner uses the same parts.

What do I need to buy: This list I had to do trial and error as I thought the lights came with the sockets for the indicator bulbs, and rubber boots. They are identical to the fortuner so was lucky. The headlights havent been released here so you cant find the part numbers for them. Fortuner is identical and I'll give you the part numbers below.

1. Headlight Kit - I bought from the following Ebay supplier. There are others, but make sure they are GENUINE TOYOTA parts as there are chinese version also which I wouldn't touch. Also make sure your headlights are for vehicles driving on the LHS which the supplier I used requests confirmation before shipping.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-LH-R...dW-iVQ&vxp=mtr

2. Wiring Harness - You need this. Your LED daytime running lights will operate on the automatic setting and the level switch will operate as normal so really plug and play. Its not from the same vendor, but also from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231854757882...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I see the supplier has since stopped shipping to SA, contact them and find out why. I got the parts from them no issue for me at the time.

3. Indicator Bulbs and bulb holders

You can get them from Toyota - Fortuner 2017 parts

Indicator Bulbs Part Number: R T 9081 15021

Qty 2 and Price R212.88 each

Indicator Bulb Holder Part Number: V T 90075 60028

Qty 2 and Price 190.40 each

4. Main Beam Bulbs

Bulb type: 9005:HB3 - I used Phillips bought from Midas - Price between R190 to R500 for a set depending on quality. Hella was R190 for 2.

ONLY THE DIPPED BEAM IS LED. The main beam is still halogen or you could get a LED bulb. I dont use main beam often enough to warrant another R2000 for LED.

5. Main Beam Rubber Boot - You need this , otherwise you will get dust ingress around the main beam bulbs.

Part Number: M T 90075 65006 SCREW - its a 2017 Fortuner part - Price R143.00 each

You need to buy Qty 2

5. LED Foglights - Optional since you taking the bumper off , its a good time to replace those as well. I got mine from Takealot with my Ebucks.
    Really bright and clear white. Not too expensive either and made in SA.

http://www.takealot.com/lumeno-led-f...r/PLID41395313

You need to buy Qty 2

Total Cost:

R13000 for the headlights plus R2700 shipping (customs and duties was around R2000 for me, lost my post office slip so going off top of my head)

R2148 for the wiring kit plus R600 shipping (customs and duties was R400)

R2000 for the bulbs and fittings not included - bought from Toyota and Midas

Total = R22 848 - worth it? For me yes, mine is one of few in the country and Pretoria. Should have been a factory option.

The process.

To remove the Toyota Push pins under neath the front wheel guards and above the radiator. You just use a very thin flat head screw driver, place under neath and rotate to lift the head. Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGZhY9MoXI

The ones under the bonnet are push only. Slightly different to the beneath the mud guard ones.

You need to remove the bumper. Remove all the push fittings under the mud guards and bolts on the head light cluster and below the vehicle holding the bumper.

There is one bolt holding each headlight located behind the bumper, so there is no elegant way of removing the headlights without removing the bumper.

The bumper once loosened needs a really thin screw driver to be pushed in to release tabs on the LHS and RHS.

Before:

After:

Last edited by PTsalas; 2017/04/17 at 12:56 AM.
    Civil Engineer
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD CC
    2017 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD6 MT DC

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PTsalas For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Hilux REVO LED Projectors & Foglights Conversion How to

LED Foglights are really bright and pure white 6000k brightness and colour. they have a mini projector or crystal on the front and leds around the perimeter too.

I bought them from Takealot with my Ebucks earned from spending R22000 for the headlights. Cost is R409 each. You will need to buy 2 as not sold as a set.

http://www.takealot.com/lumeno-led-f...r/PLID41395313

These were a straight plug and play and they dont need any ballasts etc like the HID kits. They run cool too.

Last edited by PTsalas; 2017/04/17 at 01:01 AM.
    Civil Engineer

Ive fit VPS paint protection film to the foglights and headlights , cost me R800 for the main lights and R300 for the foglights. I bet you cant see and most people wouldnt notice it.

The Toyota headlight guards dont fit the projectors without rubbing as LED headlights have a slightly different shape (Indicator is on the inside on the halogen set and outside on the LED headlight)

If anyone is keen, im selling the old headlight guards R750 and the old headlights R3500 for both sides.
    Last edited by PTsalas; 2017/04/17 at 12:39 AM.
    Civil Engineer

Looks really nice, well done on that, great job.

Toyota Land Cruiser 79 DC V8
    Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4
    Toyota RAV-4 2.2 D4D

Hi PTsalas,

I know this is an old thread but last week I ordered the same wiring harness that you used in upgrading the head lights on your 2017 hilux revo from the same vendor in Thailand (from ebay)

It arrived by DHL and I fitted it to original Toyota Led Headlights from South Africa. But the led drl stripe does not work. The main beam and low beam and indicators are working well.

Do you by any chance have pictures of the harness that you received from the vendor? Does it have a L and R specification?

I've done the same conversion using all genuine parts, everything works well except the drl strip. Very annoying, seems others have had same issue, anyone figure out why they dont work?

Hello, I need help is there anyone who knows where I can get led brights for my Hilux 2020. I want the whole light system to be Led and stock the brights are halogen so I wanna change them
    Matthew T Mutepfa
    Ēdonít be too serious about itís just life after allĒ