Indeflate - Inflate, or deflate two tyres simultaneously! - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Default Re: Indeflate - Inflate, or deflate two tyres simultaneously!

Had to use mine today in an ermergency. My Mother hit a stategically placed rock in the road, rim damaged and tyre a write off. Take out the Marie spare only to find it flat.

I do not have my compressor with me, no problem Indeflate to the rescue. One end on the Marie, the other to my spare tyre and in no time Marie full of air and off we go. What I life saver would have hated to leave her vehicle to go and pump up the spare at a garage. Fantastic product.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice!!!!!
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    That's what I thought.
    The reason I asked is because I have TPMS & those valves let the air out very slowly , some slower than others.
    Now if it shows 2.0bar for both & you drop to 1.2, with if one valve is lagging, how do you know they are both 1.2?
    It could be that the faster one is at 1.0 & the slower 1.4 giving an average of 1.2 (or do I have it all wrong again?).

But if it as you say, then you should be able to deflate only one tyre, you'd just lose a tiny amount of air/pressure in the unused pipe?
    No guys. If you deflate to 1.2 gauge, both tyres will be 1.2. Pressure will equalize over the two tyres as soon as you connect the device. 2bar +2 bar stays 2bar. Its like connecting two batteries in paralell. 1.5v + 1.5v stays 1.5v.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard87 View Post
    No guys. If you deflate to 1.2 gauge, both tyres will be 1.2. Pressure will equalize over the two tyres as soon as you connect the device. 2bar +2 bar stays 2bar. Its like connecting two batteries in paralell. 1.5v + 1.5v stays 1.5v.
    I think he knows that. His question was how does he know both tyres have equalised pressure wise? How long does it take?

It's easy to check. Just disconnect one tyre and check if there is a change in the pressure reading. If there is, reconnect the tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    I think he knows that. His question was how does he know both tyres have equalised pressure wise? How long does it take?

It's easy to check. Just disconnect one tyre and check if there is a change in the pressure reading. If there is, reconnect the tyre.
    As soon as you connect the device to the tyres it will start equalizing. This is not something to worry about. You should just trust the reading.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerhard87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard87 View Post
    As soon as you connect the device to the tyres it will start equalizing. This is not something to worry about. You should just trust the reading.
    You obviously do not understand the question posed.
    1. If one tyre is sitting at 4b and the other at 3b, what will the pressure reading on the gauge be when you initially connect the tyres?
    2. After the tyres have equalised after x minutes, what will the pressure reading be?
    3. Will the readings be the same (3.5b)? If so, when do you know that they are equalised, as this does not happen instantaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    You obviously do not understand the question posed.
    1. If one tyre is sitting at 4b and the other at 3b, what will the pressure reading on the gauge be when you initially connect the tyres?
    2. After the tyres have equalised after x minutes, what will the pressure reading be?
    3. Will the readings be the same (3.5b)? If so, when do you know that they are equalised, as this does not happen instantaneously?
    Remember with the indeflate. It has a single read gauge like a normal tyre gauge but has a T-piece installed below the gauge with an attachment for the compressor hose. The gauge can only read one pressure,thus if you connect only one hose to a tyre,you will read that tyres pressure. If you remove the hose and connect it to the other tyre,then you will only read that tyres pressure.

When you connect the two hoses ,one to each tyre. Then the tyres will equalize the pressures ie have an average pressure e.g. 3bar left tyre and 4 bar right tyre,when settled ie 4 + 3 = 7/2 = 3.5 bar per tyre.

Hope this is the explanation you looking for.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Remember with the indeflate. It has a single read gauge like a normal tyre gauge but has a T-piece installed below the gauge with an attachment for the compressor hose. The gauge can only read one pressure,thus if you connect only one hose to a tyre,you will read that tyres pressure. If you remove the hose and connect it to the other tyre,then you will only read that tyres pressure.

When you connect the two hoses ,one to each tyre. Then the tyres will equalize the pressures ie have an average pressure e.g. 3bar left tyre and 4 bar right tyre,when settled ie 4 + 3 = 7/2 = 3.5 bar per tyre.

Hope this is the explanation you looking for.
    I fully understand the question, and how the indeflate works, and answered the question in a previous post. What is your answer to my point 3, in particular, at what point are the tyre pressures equalised? Without scrolling back to the original question, I believe it was this, and you did not answer it. It's definitely not instantaneously, but easy to check.

All you need to do is disconnect one tyre and check. Then do the same with the other, then you know that they are equalized. Easy and simple
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KurtG For This Useful Post:

The moment the gauge stabilizes? That should be easy to observe. The time taken will be determined by the pressure difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    The moment the gauge stabilizes? That should be easy to observe. The time taken will be determined by the pressure difference.
    Kurt has the answer. As the pipe lengths are the same, the pressure read - out is the ave pressure of the tyres, and does not indicate when the pressures are equalised

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9