The 'IT ARE TIME' thread - Page 654

Page 654 of 768 FirstFirst ... 154 404 554 604 629 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 679 704 754 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 15345

Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

Done, resting time, then feeding time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200209_211656.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	557665

Quote Originally Posted by Leeubok View Post
    Dog jy het n bees kop daar binne
    Haha, vark kop het ek al so gedoen ( onthou om die ore stomp af te sny sodat die foelie nie gate im kry) maar bees kop is net te groot en te swaar om op die vuur te doen in foelie. Mens doen hom sommer oop op die vuur en sny af soos wat die vleisies gaar word.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

KÍrels, dit is tyd.

Iffy weather here so bottled flames it will have to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just some vegetables (chicken) sosaties for the braai tonight. Sweet potatoes in the broodpot
    Choose life

It Areent Time here boyz however, I am happy to report, without any reservation, that the ship has docked, bearing on high, the Govenor of the Jamaicas and retired Privateer, scourge of the French (spoeg) and the Spannish alike, one Captain Morgan.

And it is one hail and hearty well met.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200210_180011.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	557725
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

Some French aapsap here by me. Too sooth the Monday blues
    Choose life

Cheers Boyz

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

With load shedding and stormy weather the grub should wait for a while but
    It are time to declare my undying love for the Bombshell again in the presence of the hooligans!
    Hermie

Turning Vegan would be a big missed steak!!

Jurgens XT 140

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    It Areent Time here boyz however, I am happy to report, without any reservation, that the ship has docked, bearing on high, the Govenor of the Jamaicas and retired Privateer, scourge of the French (spoeg) and the Spannish alike, one Captain Morgan.

And it is one hail and hearty well met.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200210_180011.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	557725
    The Malelane deckhands have just pulled in, they specifically and with much candour, have asked me to convey well wishes to Oom Henry.
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2020/02/10 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coenoes View Post
    Just some vegetables (chicken) sosaties for the braai tonight. Sweet potatoes in the broodpot
    So nice.

So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2020/02/10 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    I see winning recipes coming from your outdoor kitchen this week RvW!!
    Hermie

Jurgens XT 140

Not a "It are Time " really but does involve a character who features often in the thread.

While clearing out the cupboards in the Bar I came across this fellow skulking(what a nice word) in the back.
    I took him outside and gave him a serious talking to.

Then we started reminiscing about our times in Zululand together many moons ago and he told me stories that I do not believe happened. After all I was a good boy then (I think)

It was good to get together with an old friend

Rob
    Rob Bagnall

Subaru Forester

This can only be good.

Following with great interest Riaan.

Quote Originally Posted by caranx36 View Post
    Not a "It are Time " really but does involve a character who features often in the thread.

While clearing out the cupboards in the Bar I came across this fellow skulking(what a nice word) in the back.
    I took him outside and gave him a serious talking to.

Then we started reminiscing about our times in Zululand together many moons ago and he told me stories that I do not believe happened. After all I was a good boy then (I think)

It was good to get together with an old friend

Rob
    Very well put Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin49 - (Ad Rem) View Post
    Following with great interest Riaan.
    x2

Phutu/ pap is done. Would have loved to do this on a fire but it is what it is and it is rain any time you like.

Half a xabishi head slagged and two hunyins.

Camp kitchen was pulled out and in a pan goes some onions to sweat. Added the leftover steak from yesterday, sliced.
    Hermie

Jurgens XT 140