The 'IT ARE TIME' thread - Page 654





Page 654 of 768 FirstFirst ... 154 404 554 604 629 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 679 704 754 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 15345
  1. #13061
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Mossel Bay
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 682

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Done, resting time, then feeding time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200209_211656.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	557665

  2. #13062
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeubok View Post
    Dog jy het n bees kop daar binne
    Haha, vark kop het ek al so gedoen ( onthou om die ore stomp af te sny sodat die foelie nie gate im kry) maar bees kop is net te groot en te swaar om op die vuur te doen in foelie. Mens doen hom sommer oop op die vuur en sny af soos wat die vleisies gaar word.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  3. #13063
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    KÍrels, dit is tyd.

    Iffy weather here so bottled flames it will have to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  4. #13064
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanked: 752

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Just some vegetables (chicken) sosaties for the braai tonight. Sweet potatoes in the broodpot
    Choose life

  5. #13065
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanked: 5993

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    It Areent Time here boyz however, I am happy to report, without any reservation, that the ship has docked, bearing on high, the Govenor of the Jamaicas and retired Privateer, scourge of the French (spoeg) and the Spannish alike, one Captain Morgan.

    And it is one hail and hearty well met.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200210_180011.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	557725
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

    FJ: One day when I am big

    Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

  6. #13066
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanked: 752

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Some French aapsap here by me. Too sooth the Monday blues
    Choose life

  7. #13067
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanked: 5993

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Cheers Boyz
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

    FJ: One day when I am big

    Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

  8. #13068
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 736

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    With load shedding and stormy weather the grub should wait for a while but
    It are time to declare my undying love for the Bombshell again in the presence of the hooligans!
    Hermie

    Turning Vegan would be a big missed steak!!


    Jurgens XT 140

  9. #13069
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    It Areent Time here boyz however, I am happy to report, without any reservation, that the ship has docked, bearing on high, the Govenor of the Jamaicas and retired Privateer, scourge of the French (spoeg) and the Spannish alike, one Captain Morgan.

    And it is one hail and hearty well met.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200210_180011.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	557725
    The Malelane deckhands have just pulled in, they specifically and with much candour, have asked me to convey well wishes to Oom Henry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2020/02/10 at 06:57 PM.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  10. #13070
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coenoes View Post
    Just some vegetables (chicken) sosaties for the braai tonight. Sweet potatoes in the broodpot
    So nice.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  11. #13071
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

    The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

    Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

    Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2020/02/10 at 07:18 PM.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  12. #13072
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 736

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

    The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

    Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

    Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    I see winning recipes coming from your outdoor kitchen this week RvW!!
    Hermie

    Turning Vegan would be a big missed steak!!


    Jurgens XT 140

  13. #13073
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hermanus
    Age
    72
    Posts
    237
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Not a "It are Time " really but does involve a character who features often in the thread.

    While clearing out the cupboards in the Bar I came across this fellow skulking(what a nice word) in the back.
    I took him outside and gave him a serious talking to.

    Then we started reminiscing about our times in Zululand together many moons ago and he told me stories that I do not believe happened. After all I was a good boy then (I think)

    It was good to get together with an old friend

    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob Bagnall

    Subaru Forester

  14. #13074
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Mossel Bay
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 682

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

    The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

    Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

    Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    This can only be good.

  15. #13075
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Hillcrest
    Age
    70
    Posts
    237
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    So for the next five days I want to share some of the more common suppers/ meals made in rural Zululand and I would think perhaps in other rural parts in Sourh Africa also.

    The diets are mostly vegetarian ( protein is expensive for people who do not have the means for fillet steak) and mostly revolves around maize meal. Those who do own chickens slaughter them now and again and cattle are kept for real special occasions. Goats for ceremonies only.

    Phutu is made almost every evening or sometimes isigwamba ( stywepap) with the phutu being consumed the next day with amasi or with leftover whatever was made. This is the skaftien chow of a lot of folk, if not most.

    Tonight I will do cabbage and phutu. At the end of the week I will add up the costs for the suppers which surprise most people here.
    Following with great interest Riaan.

  16. #13076
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanked: 5993

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by caranx36 View Post
    Not a "It are Time " really but does involve a character who features often in the thread.

    While clearing out the cupboards in the Bar I came across this fellow skulking(what a nice word) in the back.
    I took him outside and gave him a serious talking to.

    Then we started reminiscing about our times in Zululand together many moons ago and he told me stories that I do not believe happened. After all I was a good boy then (I think)

    It was good to get together with an old friend

    Rob
    Very well put Sir
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

    FJ: One day when I am big

    Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

  17. #13077
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanked: 5993

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin49 - (Ad Rem) View Post
    Following with great interest Riaan.
    x2
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

    FJ: One day when I am big

    Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

  18. #13078
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Phutu/ pap is done. Would have loved to do this on a fire but it is what it is and it is rain any time you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  19. #13079
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanked: 9817

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Half a xabishi head slagged and two hunyins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  20. #13080
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 736

    Default Re: The 'IT ARE TIME' thread

    Camp kitchen was pulled out and in a pan goes some onions to sweat. Added the leftover steak from yesterday, sliced.
    Hermie

    Turning Vegan would be a big missed steak!!


    Jurgens XT 140

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •