new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T - Page 5





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 201
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    more on these.

    Went to Atlantis yesterday - these were damn good in the sand as well.

    I ran them at ,5bar - usually I run at 0,4 but I was worried that, with the softer sidewalls, the side wall would be too soft, and debating might occur.

    well, no, they hang onto the rim perfectly. I set the fronts down to my usual 0,4 at the sandboarding stop and then threw it around with no problems.

    PLENTY of traction.

    I'm really VERY impressed with these tyres so far. they certainly perform like far more expensive muds both on and off the road.

    at the price - R9200 for 4 ex VAT it's amazing. A set of 35x12" muds is well over 20k in any other make. and unless you are talking Crushers or boggers with tractor type tread - they certainly perform as well as your common and garden mud tyre.

    The Navara that was in our group had the new BFG ATs on, and the sidewalls just didn't collapse at all. to be fair, they didn't come off his rims like the old ones did - but they just had no grip.

    I've done 5000km on them now, and the tread isn't disappearing or anything - I guess we'll see what milegae we see, but it looks good so far!
    Apocalypse. We sold over 50 units of that tyre last month and so far everyone who has them has complimented the ride and ability so definately a good value for money. Yesterday I did the Honingklip trail and there was a landy that had windforce muds same pattern same factory and that landy gets punished those tyres have been on it for at least 3 years already
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

    KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

    Fiat Uno platcar

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Hi Apoc

    Are you bringing in the Power lander A/T as well?

    http://www.powertractyre.com/product/html/?211.html

    Nerd
    They do bring in a large range of powertrac AT. You welcome to PM me for more details
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

    KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

    Fiat Uno platcar

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,626
    Thanked: 1212

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by segalmarisa View Post
    Jimmy we can do in a Sumo Firenza they make a decent mud in 205/70-15. I run them on my lada very impressed with them as well.
    I saw them briefly on 'errols tyres' website, but they soon disappeared.
    Sent from my iPhone


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    I saw them briefly on 'errols tyres' website, but they soon disappeared.
    I still sell them. Don't know why Errols tyres removed them
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

    KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

    Fiat Uno platcar

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,626
    Thanked: 1212

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by segalmarisa View Post
    I still sell them. Don't know why Errols tyres removed them
    What is your company if I may ask?
    Sent from my iPhone


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    34
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 50

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Anyone have the price on 33/12.5 R15?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town or Jansenville or missing...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,506
    Thanked: 3060

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    more on these.

    Went to Atlantis yesterday - these were damn good in the sand as well.

    I ran them at ,5bar - usually I run at 0,4 but I was worried that, with the softer sidewalls, the side wall would be too soft, and debating might occur.

    well, no, they hang onto the rim perfectly. I set the fronts down to my usual 0,4 at the sandboarding stop and then threw it around with no problems.

    PLENTY of traction.

    I'm really VERY impressed with these tyres so far. they certainly perform like far more expensive muds both on and off the road.

    at the price - R9200 for 4 ex VAT it's amazing. A set of 35x12" muds is well over 20k in any other make. and unless you are talking Crushers or boggers with tractor type tread - they certainly perform as well as your common and garden mud tyre.

    The Navara that was in our group had the new BFG ATs on, and the sidewalls just didn't collapse at all. to be fair, they didn't come off his rims like the old ones did - but they just had no grip.

    I've done 5000km on them now, and the tread isn't disappearing or anything - I guess we'll see what milegae we see, but it looks good so far!
    I meant to ask, are these tyres directional?

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Carletonville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,615
    Thanked: 617

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    I'm liking these tires more and more based on Alex's review.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

    http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab



  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town or Jansenville or missing...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,506
    Thanked: 3060

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by bfreesani View Post
    I'm liking these tires more and more based on Alex's review.
    He was the backmarker in my group, led by Hein Burnett, and those who know Hein will know that following him is hardly a picnic.

    I managed to debead both my drivers side tyres even though I was running 0.8 in front and 0.6 at the back. If the powertracs stayed on at 0.4 on the same route, that's impressive in my books.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Carletonville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,615
    Thanked: 617

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    I agree, and hence say that they are impressing me more and more. I am a bit worried about the lack of side wall tread. I cut my teeth, on arguably, the best MT tire, that had tread half way up the side wall. 86K km and not one puncture, and the guys said I abused them with the things that I used to do. I saw them as invincible, and treated them that way. Bashed through bushes and even thorns. Would climb the side walls to the extent of bending and breaking tie rods and ball joints. One gash about 5cm long two weeks in, that everybody said would be the point of failure and cause me a roll over, but they held together.

    The Sani is being built with rock crawling in mind. Biggish tires, fair lift, nice ground clearance, approach and exit angles, and 4.1 gearing. Is this going to work for me in the rocks? I like the slow technical stuff, and this is where the side walls could take a beating.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

    http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab



  11. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanSlabbert View Post
    I meant to ask, are these tyres directional?
    Nope not directional
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

    KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

    Fiat Uno platcar

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Oos Transvaal / Laeveld
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,798
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Forgey View Post
    Well, i just took the plunge today and got a set. 285/75/16's. Fitted to my Patrol. We'll see how they perform.
    Think I'll give these a try next time I need to replace tyres... depending on how much mileage they give a heavy vehicle like a Patrol.
    Lots of brands wear quite fast on these heavy machines...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracker For This Useful Post:


  14. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    44
    Posts
    288
    Thanked: 56

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Is anyone able to give a rough / estimated guess of what mileage they think they will get out of these tires?
    Pajero 2007 3.2 GLX (GEN4)

  15. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    413
    Thanked: 59

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by PATROLLICA View Post
    Think I'll give these a try next time I need to replace tyres... depending on how much mileage they give a heavy vehicle like a Patrol.
    Lots of brands wear quite fast on these heavy machines...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool_Fan View Post
    Is anyone able to give a rough / estimated guess of what mileage they think they will get out of these tires?
    Too soon to tell I think. I've done just over 1500km. Its a soft compound so it wont last like a BF, but for the cost vs performance benefit makes it worth it.
    Intelligence is measured in smarts, stature is measured in hearts

  16. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    34
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 50

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Got pricing on the Federal couragia MT 33/12.5 R15 at R4600 per tyre so those are out of the question. Struggling to find powertrac tyre in JHB area and no one does them, only place I can find are in Pretoria. Anyone know of JHB tyre places that do them?

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rog163 For This Useful Post:


  18. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Carletonville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,615
    Thanked: 617

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Forgey View Post
    Too soon to tell I think. I've done just over 1500km. Its a soft compound so it wont last like a BF, but for the cost vs performance benefit makes it worth it.
    My KL71 were also very soft, but I got 86k km oit of them, and they actually had good tread left in the center of the tire. Just the edges wore off with the horrible IFS of the Hardbody.

    So they could still surprise us.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

    http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab



  19. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Oos Transvaal / Laeveld
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,798
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Forgey View Post
    Too soon to tell I think. I've done just over 1500km. Its a soft compound so it wont last like a BF, but for the cost vs performance benefit makes it worth it.
    I got dunlop mt2's on my one patrol, done less than 15k km, but do not think that they will see 30k... apparently maxxis bighorns also do not give much mileage on a Patrol. So in this case a BFG that gives 80k km's will cost a lot less per km that these other brands...

    If I can get 50k km on a "cheaper" tyre, then I am happy...

  20. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Thanked: 24

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Tool_Fan View Post
    Is anyone able to give a rough / estimated guess of what mileage they think they will get out of these tires?
    I replaced a set on a clients Ford Ranger T6 2 weeks back and he had done just over 60000km on the old set apparently without a single puncture so he was very happy to put the same brand again
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

    KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

    Fiat Uno platcar

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to segalmarisa For This Useful Post:


  22. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    44
    Posts
    288
    Thanked: 56

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post
    Got pricing on the Federal couragia MT 33/12.5 R15 at R4600 per tyre so those are out of the question. Struggling to find powertrac tyre in JHB area and no one does them, only place I can find are in Pretoria. Anyone know of JHB tyre places that do them?
    Can I ask, where in Pretoria?
    Pajero 2007 3.2 GLX (GEN4)

  23. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    413
    Thanked: 59

    Default Re: new tyres - Powertrac Power RoverM/T

    I got mine from Autoline https://auto-line.co.za/contact-us/
    Intelligence is measured in smarts, stature is measured in hearts

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •